Weymouth pot their manager

darreng

Re: Weymouth pot their manager

Post by darreng » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:45 am

Nonsense Potter wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:04 am
Fortunately we have sensible leadership at the club

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/sport/footb ... 744598.amp
Another puff piece to prop up the manager.

No dissenting voices against Aldershot?

No scapegoating in that dressing room? He obviously doesn't listen to what his manager says.

JAM

Post by JAM » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:58 am

in all honesty, that article worries me even more than before

fatmaninthekitchen

Post by fatmaninthekitchen » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:11 am

I liked it; concise and gave an insight into the players thoughts and feelings, shows solidarity and support, everything that's right about understanding a business. I am sorry it's not what the sacking crew want, but we need to be all together to progress , not trying to be divisive and fractured. It's clear the support is there for our management team, so lets be positive and move onwards and upwards

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:22 am

fatmaninthekitchen wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:11 am
I liked it; concise and gave an insight into the players thoughts and feelings, shows solidarity and support, everything that's right about understanding a business. I am sorry it's not what the sacking crew want, but we need to be all together to progress , not trying to be divisive and fractured. It's clear the support is there for our management team, so lets be positive and move onwards and upwards
I wouldn't expect him to say anything else to the press.

Let's see what he thinks about dissenting voices if we are still on this current run of form in a month's time and the big name signings he promises turn out to be children on loan from West Brom.
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:30 am

darreng wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:45 am
Nonsense Potter wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:04 am
Fortunately we have sensible leadership at the club

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/sport/footb ... 744598.amp

No scapegoating in that dressing room? He obviously doesn't listen to what his manager says.
Will this make you boo John Katz?
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

darreng

Post by darreng » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:48 am

Nonsense Potter wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:30 am
darreng wrote:

I could probably find a better way/approach to make my pont to him.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:51 am

Nonsense Potter wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:30 am
darreng wrote:

No, but it makes me boo you ;-)

We should prepare to be 'thrilled'.

Scapegoating? Dowson himself has always said blame him. He's here to win football matches, simple as that. He's losing more than he is winning.

So we were unlucky against Aldershot with that penalty? Like we weren't lucky with the decision to award us one!?

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:08 am

Can't wait to be 'thrilled' with the same players in the same positions (that dont work) making the same mistakes against Wealdstone

Or maybe it will be more THRILLING signings like Louis Britton ?

And as so many have said Dowson scapegoats the players all the time, in a very public manner
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

darreng

Post by darreng » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:11 am

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:08 am
Can't wait to be 'thrilled' with the same players in the same positions (that dont work) making the same mistakes against Wealdstone

Or maybe it will be more THRILLING signings like Louis Britton ?

And as so many have said Dowson scapegoats the players all the time, in a very public manner
Even worse, he says not to blame the players and then proceeds to throw them under the bus.

Is it a surprise he pisses of the players and keeps on having to get new ones in.

JAM

Post by JAM » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:35 am

fatmaninthekitchen wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:11 am
FMITK, I am not sure how many times this has to be written for you to believe it, but as I have said before there is not a 'sacking crew' on this forum. There are a number of very loyal supporters who just want to the best for the FC, whether that be under the current management team or not.

My issues with the report are
1) we are going to sign manes that will thrill people. That may be so, but how does he know that
2) no dissenting voices at the Aldershot match. Either the reporter, Katz or both must have made a sharp exit at the final whistle then
3) a minorty arent backing Dowse - that may be the minority that Katz talks to, not sure that is the case though
4) played good against Dover - did we. we struggled to beat a side who havent won a game all season
5) Their penalty wasnt a pen - obviously thats his opinion, but it was as much of a penalty as ours was
and finally this comment
'Who else would have given a manager a two-year deal in the midst of the worst form this club’s ever seen'. Who else indeed

LondonCard

Post by LondonCard » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:49 am

“I support him [Dowson] 100% but we’ve got to get results.”

“Football is about results and we are in a business that always needs a scapegoat.”

What happens if we continue to not get results?

JAM

Post by JAM » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:03 am

If that happens, and lets hope it doesnt, it seems that someone else will be made the 'scapegoat' as JK has is 100% behind AD

Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:09 am

Club owner trying to build fan base puts positive spin on his and his manger’s decisions shocker. These articles aren’t necessarily aimed at the people on here, I’d suggest.

Ultimately he’s of course going to back his manager publicly. He’s looking after his financial interest and doesn’t want to scare the horses. Financial bottom line - and results are a main driver in that - will decide Dowse’s future, not the pedantic grumbling on here.

neverlostatwembley3

Post by neverlostatwembley3 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:14 am

JK is obviously enthusiastic which is great but he should have toned down the line about being “thrilled” about new signings. It’s the sort of line that will come back to haunt JK especially when we end up signing Wassmer because he didn’t realise it was banter on here.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:17 am

WASSMER would thrill me !!
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:04 pm

Watching and waiting.......
Toto, I have a feeling we're in Kansas....

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:19 pm

I don't think defender can ever be "thrilling" can they!? (At our level)

Texas Dave

Post by Texas Dave » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:20 pm

I'm defo in the wait and see camp, i like Mr Katz and Dowse and would really like to see them succeed in their goals, i do, however believe the defence needs a kick up the jacksy.
Nos facere ad eos, antequam facias nobis

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:29 pm

Texas Dave wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:20 pm
I'm defo in the wait and see camp, i like Mr Katz and Dowse and would really like to see them succeed in their goals, i do, however believe the defence needs a kick up the jacksy.

So why has it not been addressed in full time training for the last couple of months?

oakie

Post by oakie » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:32 pm

A finishing position in the league significantly below target should rightly trigger a review of the playing and management structure/personnel but does not automatically mean a change of manager.

Even with poor form and recent results we are 13 points clear of the final relegation spot and 11 points off the playoff positions - to me, it still doesn't feel like we are going to end up fighting to stay ahead of KL or Weymouth.

Don't get me wrong, we should be winning more games or at the very least offering up a more exciting product for punters to watch than the current offering. My heart wants us to be fighting to the last game to make the playoffs, my head says anything from lower mid-table to Top 10 outside the playoffs would represent a solid, if unspectacular, Y1 outcome (especially post-covid) & present a platform to build on in Y2.

What would be more likely to cause immediate concern to JK & prompt a reaction would be if the financial outcome was going to be significantly below budget/forecast. Clearly, results affect attendances and revenue, but it feels like record sponsorships, in-house catering revenues, fan zone, increased match day spend, merchandise sales etc. are all making a positive contribution in that regard off the field. In addition, average Home League attendances are 2,737 (7th highest) & ahead of 2019-20 season (2,139) with Notts Co, Southend, Torquay & Wrexham all likely to bring decent away followings still to visit Kingfield.

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:48 pm

oakie wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:32 pm
What would be more likely to cause immediate concern to JK & prompt a reaction would be if the financial outcome was going to be significantly below budget/forecast. Clearly, results affect attendances and revenue, but it feels like record sponsorships, in-house catering revenues, fan zone, increased match day spend, merchandise sales etc. are all making a positive contribution in that regard off the field. In addition, average Home League attendances are 2,737 (7th highest) & ahead of 2019-20 season (2,139) with Notts Co, Southend, Torquay & Wrexham all likely to bring decent away followings still to visit Kingfield.
This sums the situation up.

It seems that the sponsors are happy. The wider fan base are still turning up in greater numbers than they have done for ages and whilst some of the off-field stuff needs tweaking, it’s a far more likely place to spend money compared to before.

Just because some grumpy bald men on here are demanding a change of manager, it doesn’t really matter Vs all the other positives, to the new owners. Most of us will turn up whatever goes on, on the pitch.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Texas Dave

Post by Texas Dave » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:11 pm

Card Sharp wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:29 pm
Texas Dave wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:20 pm

So why has it not been addressed in full time training for the last couple of months?
Hindsight is great innit, at the start of the season this looked a pretty good defence but has turned out be rather poor in a lot of games, as i said a kick up the jacksy out of the club if ness.
Nos facere ad eos, antequam facias nobis

neverlostatwembley3

Post by neverlostatwembley3 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:18 pm

Are all sponsors happy or just the ones that get to be involved in the team talks before games?

LondonCard

Post by LondonCard » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:42 pm

Texas Dave wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:11 pm
Card Sharp wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:29 pm

Hindsight is great innit, at the start of the season this looked a pretty good defence but has turned out be rather poor in a lot of games, as i said a kick up the jacksy out of the club if ness.

Full time management isn’t for everyone - the defending hasn’t improved since going full time yet was supposedly strengthened with the arrival of McNerney and Champion.

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:52 pm

neverlostatwembley3 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:18 pm
Are all sponsors happy or just the ones that get to be involved in the team talks before games?
I guess it’s a bit like whoever posted on here that “the fans” views are being ignored, whilst we are getting far higher crowds than usual - because Dowse wasn’t sacked after the Aldershot game. Some sponsors might not be happy - but they’re either maintaining their financial support or they’ve been replaced (or could be).

Assume this means you’re a sponsor, but based on your posts, I don’t think you’ve ever seemed especially happy. That’s not Dowse’ fault.