New Dowse Interview

FaitAccompli

New Dowse Interview

Post by FaitAccompli » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:37 pm

DesCartes

Re: New Dowse Interview

Post by DesCartes » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:51 pm

'To be fair, you've played a couple of excellent sides over the Easter period.'

Yep, he can relax now with an easy looking fixture list between now and the end of the month...

cardtrick

Post by cardtrick » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:42 pm

Dowse comments they would be hopeful of getting Ashford next season

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:23 pm

He sounded positive which was good to hear, let's hope he's upto the job to take us full time, whatever anybody thinks about how poor we have been, we can't fault Dowses desire to succeed.

JGreenwood

Post by JGreenwood » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:41 am

DesCartes wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:51 pm
'To be fair, you've played a couple of excellent sides over the Easter period.'

Yep, he can relax now with an easy looking fixture list between now and the end of the month...
You're right, it certainly doesn't get easier. That said, not sure we always need to be in awe of these sides. Notts County had just lost to Hornchurch and Aldershot at home. We probably would have taken something from the game if it wasn't for some remarkable errors at the back. Granted they're 5th but they're hardly peak Barcelona.

As mentioned it is good to hear Dowse in better spirits and saying they are flat out planning for next season.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:44 am

Thats the first time in ages he's sounded upbeat

At times he's almost sounded defeated by it all
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:35 am

JGreenwood wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:41 am

You're right, it certainly doesn't get easier. That said, not sure we always need to be in awe of these sides.
You're joking right? How could we POSSIBLY expect to compete with the likes of Torquay or Notts County? We should probably get a commemorative DVD made of the County game to show how close we came to a giant killing.
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am

Why do we even play these matches? We should just forfeit matches against THE BIG BOIZ and give them 3 points before kick off.

It’s not like Notts County have dropped points to Aldershot, Kings Lynn, Boreham Wood, Dover, Dagenham, Halifax and Maidenhead.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:51 am

Red and White Army wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am
Why do we even play these matches? We should just forfeit matches against THE BIG BOIZ and give them 3 points before kick off.

It’s not like Notts County have dropped points to Aldershot, Kings Lynn, Boreham Wood, Dover, Dagenham, Halifax and Maidenhead.
Like we do to Aldershot you mean?

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:14 am

An upbeat Dowse is good as no job is worth getting stressed out over.
He needs to get his team to start winning matches and not relying on the no relegation situation, like many have on here, to smooth things over.
I hope he picks up some gems on his travels.

I’ve made my feelings well known and as I’ve said before, I hope he proves me wrong.

After all, he,I and all of us want the same thing.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:26 am

Red and White Army wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am

We should also be happy to gain a point at home to Eastleigh and Maidenhead.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:40 am

I think we should set our sights a little lower

Maybe in the next two games have a couple of shots on goal against FULL TIME EASTLEIGH & BROMLEY

Got to manage expectations

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:45 am

What's Eastleigh's pitch like?

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:46 am

No idea but its quite cold so we need to take that into consideration

Wafflebutt

Post by Wafflebutt » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:29 am

Never has there been a more passive aggressive thread!!

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:30 am

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:46 am
No idea but its quite cold so we need to take that into consideration
Winter pitch = no wins

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:37 am

Are you suggesting we should lay that plastic stuff from outside the greengrocers ?

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:53 am

Eastleigh will sit back because we just put 2 past the best defence in the league.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:52 pm

If they do that then our 'play off standard defence' will have an easy day

Reading Card

Post by Reading Card » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:25 pm

We were once the biggest team in non league, now our aspirations are so fucking low.

Sure we have to be realistic but as mentioned before we need to shake this 'little poor , part time, skint woking- we are lucky to be in the conference' thing.

Torquay or Notts County are both in this league for a reason , like most big teams they go through a shit period and sometimes poorly run off the pitch and bosh they end up here. Anyone in this league should be beatable.

We need that bullish 90's attitude back , on and off the pitch.

Here cos its woking .....

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:34 pm

Exactly, thats what I meant when I said we're a non league giant. Right up there with Yeovil and Altrincham. Teams that have had famous cup runs, FA Trophy wins, consistent high league placings etc

You can't compare Stockport, Hartleppol, Notts County, Torquay etc as they've never done anything much in non league and dont consider themselves non-league anyway. And you can't call Eastleigh, Boreham Wood, Bromley etc non league giants as they just arent and never will be

Pisses me off all the small time thinkers who reckon we should be happy just to be here, fuck that, we're a behemoth in terms of name!

Next season I want the KRE to quite rightly ask 1000+ Notts County fans, who the fucking hell are you ?. Far better than the whole' oooooh we're so lucky to be playing you' rhetoric we get on here sometimes. The sort of people who think FGR are bigger than Bradford City because they've got a bigger budget

Bollocks to that, I'm with Reading Card . We need to harness that feeling and get our American Overlords to supply a bottle bar and drinking facilities to match.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:53 pm

In fairness that's what Katz wants isn't it? If he doesn't get what he wants, there will be 'adjustments'. I wonder if some will be able to adjust their mindset on here...

Since85

Post by Since85 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:54 pm

Agreed KE, one of my favourite chants is “You used to be famous”

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:11 pm

We heard a lot about 'Cards Reboot' why not reboot our thinking and remember who we actually are, where we've come from and how we got here.

Having a blinding time supporting this club shouldnt be the preserve of anyone over 35 in our fanbase

Mutleys dog

Post by Mutleys dog » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:42 pm

Voyeur = A person who enjoys seeing the pain or distress of others, sometimes for sexual pleasure.
Antagonist = A person who actively opposes or is deliberately hostile to someone or something.
Cockbunglingfuckwit = Cardsharp Kingfielder Nonsense Potter Wafflebutt AshWFC and many many others.

Had to get that off my chest as it certainly seems from someone on the outside that many on here are none so happy when there is something to be miserable about. Im guessing if you won the lottery you would moan it wasn’t enough and just love being moaning fannys.

You moan when it’s perceived as negative (or careful). You moan when it’s attacking for being too cavalier. You moan when they don’t buy Messi when all they have is peanuts. You
moan when the club is hamstrung for not having a bottle bar when it’s been told billions of times they can’t have one. You moan players aren’t good enough and then moan when they don’t come on. You moan when they can’t have fans and then few turn up when they can. You moan at the streaming before giving it a chance. You moan at the season, the wind, the rain, the sun, the sand on the pitch, the heavy soil, the lack of energy, the fact players/staff/ the chefs fucking cat doesn’t give 150% and bleed like a bastard in the name that’s all which is good and mighty from 30 years ago. Get over it.

Fuck me ladies and gentleman, you’ve really got to get a grip of yourselves. This is Woking FC not Chelsea and staying indoors has got to your heads. This is a club that some of you think is royalty in non league when the closest it’s been to that is another bungling Prince in our pizza establishment! What stinking right does this club have to trump Wrexham, Notts County, Chesterfield, Torquay...... errrr Barnet for Christ sake......? They’ve all been in the promised land while we sniffed the barmaids apron once upon a time. A long bloody time ago!

You know that bloke and his overly made up wife? The one who wears the short skirts and everything always hanging out the top... yeah them. She’s ever so flirty, likes to be liked but also nearer my Nans age than mine.... That’s Woking that is. Never good enough to be a stunner, full of promise but still gets banged by everyone when the old mans away.

See, we aren’t a fit wee thing that’s full of promise and romance. We are a back door bargain that once played amongst the top but sensibly cut its cloth accordingly. There aren’t millionaires about to rock up and whisk us off our feet so have to scrabble around for Aldi’s own Dark Fruits rather than the real
thing to get over our dark days. You boys really need to wake up to reality and stop being such cretins to others and such miserable bastards. Reboot your own thinking chump.
It seems your whole intent on here is to argue for arguments sake and revel in that fact. You probably masturbate about getting a ‘quote reply’ and revel in notoriety. Think again. You look utter chumps and just piss people off here, there and everywhere.
Now go back to your bathroom and smash another one out and read the top few lines again.