Match Thread - Halifax (Home)

Jparvin1

Re: Match Thread - Halifax (Home)

Post by Jparvin1 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:43 pm

Back onto the match itself.. As much as we’d have loved to come away with another 3 points today, it was certainly a game where the point each was a fair result - and most importantly, we avoided the Jake Hyde goal!

Up to 4th in the table, albeit with Solihull and Sutton behind us both with a game in hand each..

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:43 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:44 pm
Where is Tyler Reid ?
Believe he played for the U23’s Friday night. Still building fitness but apparently playing well.

Growler

Post by Growler » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:50 pm

The big disappointment for me has been Spasov!

The boy looks brilliant - calm and assured on the ball in tight spots, has made some great runs (added to a really good work-rate), but hasn’t had the ball given to him with a yard of space to get a shot away. I want to see this lad start shooting!
As yet uninvited to Plug’s WhatsApp group

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:02 am

Spitfire wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:43 pm
Kingfield Ender wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:44 pm
Where is Tyler Reid ?
Believe he played for the U23’s Friday night. Still building fitness but apparently playing well.
Correct

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:06 am

Growler wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:50 pm
The big disappointment for me has been Spasov!

The boy looks brilliant - calm and assured on the ball in tight spots, has made some great runs (added to a really good work-rate), but hasn’t had the ball given to him with a yard of space to get a shot away. I want to see this lad start shooting!
He had one chance to get a shot away yesterday and took once touch too many,

I just don’t think he quite works as a lone striker. What about Tarpey upfront?

willsyt

Post by willsyt » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:02 pm

In terms of players currently at the club - I’d definitely stick with Spasov as a lone man up front. I assume we’re waiting on Jonte Smith as the alternative.

Viking Card

Post by Viking Card » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:32 pm

Tarpey isn’t a lone forward for me, not even close. Isn’t quick enough to be a threat in behind and lacks the physicality and hold up ability. Spasov looks a real handful and should go on to have a decent career but I would like to see us get an out and out 9 in the door. I think we are that one player short of being a real threat in this division. We look solid, have real energy and ability in midfield and we have good options out wide. A 15/20 goals a season CF would really finish us off but they are hard to come by and keep hold of.

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:20 am

Viking Card wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:32 pm
A 15/20 goals a season CF would really finish us off but they are hard to come by and keep hold of.
Like for eg, Jake Hyde? Appreciate we tried and couldn't keep him, so not a dig. Hashtag Just Saying.

Elsewhere in this thread - Collier not being good enough isn't a with hunt or a slight on the lad's character. He's presumably good in the dressing room and inexpensive, I'm not suggesting we send him packing and he's part of a defence that has kept three clean sheets, but he's not as good as Growler some people are making out when defending his honour.

Halifax will finish top-5, I'm impressed with how we dug in and also with how we faced up to their physicality - I shudder to think what Limbrick's side would have had done to them by that lot. I'm also a bit worried for the Weymouth manager when he sees that. Cooper, Dempsey and (yes I'm saying it) MOTM Kane Ferdinand got stuck in and gave as good as they got. Spasov's reducer on their #4 as top tit-for-tat work.
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:29 am

The one thing I'd say about Collier on Saturday is that the pass in behind him which led to his foul on the edge of the box was absolutely outrageous - just watched the TV highlights and they do not do it justice. The defensive line is pretty much bang on, but the ball splits it regardless.
Kanu's Nan wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:20 am
Three clean sheets
Not only that, but only one goal conceded outside of the mental Chesterfield game, and that was a pen. It won't stay this good, but I'm very much enjoying it while it is.

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:08 pm

Will be interesting to see Tyler Reid perform, but I can say happily that to date - sky ball and pen aside Mr Collier has performed admirably.
This space intentionally left blank

Woking United

Post by Woking United » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:21 pm

2 clean sheets and 4 points , I know lets slag off our defenders !

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:28 pm

Woking United wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:21 pm
2 clean sheets and 4 points , I know lets slag off our defenders !
Whose slagging who off?
This space intentionally left blank