government financial support

Derek

Re: government financial support

Post by Derek » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:18 pm

ABR wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:26 pm
Sent an E mail to Mr Docherty, did get some sort of reply as i did ask him some furthur questions. Still wont vote for him anyway.......you do not realize what a "proper Chairwoman" you have keeps talking to you and asks your opinions. Think Woking Steve is a bit jealous of you.
Keep going. Shame about the score today though you will bounce back. In this area with the vision you have you will be the next Football league club in the area. Unless Rushmoor sorts itself out and has one team only that is in a council ground. Aldershot think they are the big fish always have. Woking are very soon going to be the big fish. Good luck to you .
Behave Bruce FFS 😎

MattA

Post by MattA » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:52 pm

Adrian wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:10 pm
kansasCard wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:25 pm

We have six points in the bank too. Much prefer that 😁. Money will come if it's been allocated.
Rather have a club to support than 6 points, still no news and it’s gone five o’clock a full week after a promise from this government.

It was said we could only survive three or four weeks without financial support so a week has gone.

I say again “we shouldn’t have started playing until this deal was signed sealed and delivered”

Unless anybody believes we can fully trust this government when it makes promises.........
As far as I am aware, subsistence payments were to be made monthly (as opposed to weekly) to all clubs.
There is some vagueness as to whether the payment is to be from the League, or directly from the department of culture.

Note
- (i) I am not particularly aware
- (ii) I thought it was most likely to be an equal amount for all NL clubs, and an equal amount (but smaller) for all NLS and NLN clubs. Simply due to the vastly increased administrative burden of doing otherwise.

ABR

Post by ABR » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:34 am

Hello Del boy or should i say postie from Knaphill who supports Aldershot. Straight up Aldershot are finished. You have a manager who does not have a clue, a Chairmen who tells you nothing and cant add who is in it for two things.......money and the feeling of power.
For too long Aldershot think they were something their not, both fans and club turn their back on outsiders and think they are the " big cheese" i got one thing wrong in my last post Woking are already a bigger club, fan wise soon they will be. Mr Azeem has helped finish Aldershot off.
Woking has a chairwomen who cares and a football manager who knows how to manage........why because they are not bull shitters.
Factual rant over.

wokingsteve

Post by wokingsteve » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:26 am

ABR wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:34 am
Hello Del boy or should i say postie from Knaphill who supports Aldershot. Straight up Aldershot are finished. You have a manager who does not have a clue, a Chairmen who tells you nothing and cant add who is in it for two things.......money and the feeling of power.
For too long Aldershot think they were something their not, both fans and club turn their back on outsiders and think they are the " big cheese" i got one thing wrong in my last post Woking are already a bigger club, fan wise soon they will be. Mr Azeem has helped finish Aldershot off.
Woking has a chairwomen who cares and a football manager who knows how to manage........why because they are not bull shitters.
Factual rant over.
Roll on Boxing Day

MattA

Post by MattA » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:43 pm

There’s 36 league points to contest before then.
I would rather not be 45 points behind Hartlepool, and 12 points adrift of 22nd place before the Boxing Day fixtures are played.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:18 am

Another week passes, still not news or announcement about this promise of support from this trustworthy government, by them, or the league.

Or did I miss it?

Surbiton Card

Post by Surbiton Card » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:54 am

Was thinking the same the other day but Ollie Bayliss on Twitter said we should get funding by the end of next week

https://twitter.com/ollie_bayliss/statu ... 48844?s=21

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:21 pm

Another promise but now it’s the League awaiting money promising to have sorted out how it my be allocated when this trustworthy government pays out in it’s promise....

Ok.

MattA

Post by MattA » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:53 pm

I do not think any subsistence payment is yet due.

As far as I was able to understand, a payment to the league was due prior to the end of October, in order for the league to then distribute payments to member clubs at the end of October.

plutoniumcard

Post by plutoniumcard » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:09 am

I saw an announcement on SkyNews ( sunday 18th) that the National Lottery is providing £10m support for national league.

Whilst any funding is welcome - how far will that go?

I assume further details will be released today?

doylie

Post by doylie » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:55 am

I assume this is in addition to the Government bailout?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/10-m ... -secretary
Memories of the past, visions of the future - follow on Instagram the_cardinal_tales and Twitter
https://twitter.com/cardinal_tales

Cardinals Rule

Post by Cardinals Rule » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:42 pm

doylie wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:55 am
I assume this is in addition to the Government bailout?
It looks like this is it, for now at least, and is to cover the period to the end of December.

Mick.M

Post by Mick.M » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:50 pm

If split equally it’s a touch over 151k per club, although I would presume National League Clubs would get more than North and South.
Won’t help huge budget clubs much tbh.

fatmaninthekitchen

Post by fatmaninthekitchen » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:55 pm

Adrian. , leave off the political stuff mate, constant abuse to a govt in a very difficult situation doesn't help the overall cause, they can't cover everything all of the time

ABR

Post by ABR » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:05 pm

Spot on. Can you imagine if Corbyn got in ? Beggers belief.

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:16 pm

ABR wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:05 pm
Could he have done any worse?

Don’t get me wrong, it was a little like choosing between prison or a Stevenage season ticket, but I’m not sure that Corbyn would have been as bad as Johnson.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:05 pm

fatmaninthekitchen wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:55 pm
Adrian. , leave off the political stuff mate, constant abuse to a govt in a very difficult situation doesn't help the overall cause, they can't cover everything all of the time
A promise is a promise.

Nothing wrong in asking a question and this question is rather important.

I’m certainly not abusing the current government, just testing their trustworthiness.

I do agree they are in a no win situation, put a promise is a promise.

Luxembourg Card

Post by Luxembourg Card » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:36 pm

ABR wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:05 pm
But he didn't, so the point is irrelevant.

Fortunately in a 'free' country, criticism and holding the government to account, is allowed.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:03 pm

I’ve tried that ‘promise is a promise’ line many times. Never done me any good ....

darreng

Post by darreng » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:59 am

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:11 am

darreng wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:59 am
Looking good for the money

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/statu ... 53664?s=19
It's clearly impossible to divide the money in a way that is fair and acceptable to all clubs. Nevertheless, the likes of Boreham Wood will be better off under this split than if crowds were being allowed in.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:13 am

I think it would work quite well for us too
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

JAM

Post by JAM » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:13 am

for further confirmation of who is getting what

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54629239

wfc462

Post by wfc462 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:20 am

were torquay averaging much higher than us? Does Stockport (leaving aside for the moment that they are spaffing money) have a higher cost model than us?

Boreham wood must be delighted. Doubt they received that much in gate receipts, bar takings etc for their lost home game attendances.

on the face of it seems a decent deal for national league teams, including us, but not exactly grounded in actual lost revenue

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:25 am

Some clubs will still overspend on receiving this money. Lets be honest though, we wont be getting it forever, Maybe a few months at most
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one