government financial support

Red and White Army

Re: government financial support

Post by Red and White Army » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:54 pm

kansasCard wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:44 pm
MattA wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:13 pm
Why play eight matches in October, with only six fixtures scheduled to be played in each of March, April and May.
Presumably it would be more sensible to play only four times in October, with the fixture list instead heavily loaded between March and May. Then with the games taking place more frequently in spring, perhaps playing every Saturday and Tuesday in the months of March-May, when spectators might be allowed back in to stadiums.
agree here. Where is the logic behind this? Looks like a severe case of overthinking and getting oneself confused. 4 games or even 3 in October when the problems are still peaking and jam them in next year where and if we know more.
I assume it’s to give them enough space to fit in postponed games at the end of the season.

If every one of the mid weeks in March, April and May was filled with games, they would be stuck if a couple got postponed. Or if someone got to the Trophy semis.

The Macclesfield situation at least gives everyone 2 free dates.

MattA

Post by MattA » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:05 am

But better to play Saturday Tuesday and Thursday if need be in March/April.
Any attendance is preferable, by comparison to the revenue generated from a match played behind closed doors.

Rio

Post by Rio » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:57 pm

When the fixtures were originally released, there was supposed to be crowds in attendance, albeit at a reduced %.

What happens if there's another lockdown? Another disruption? The season is finishing rididulously late as it is. Do we just void the season again? Or leave some space at the back end of the calendar for if/ when things go tits up again.....

JAM

Post by JAM » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:30 pm

The fixture is always heavily loaded at the start of the season for the reason that R&WA mentions, in case of postponements due to weather or cup games. Don't forget that we have also lost the usual 2 games over the August bank holiday this season.

I agree that any attendance is better than none, but presumably the idea was to have a small attendance in the 1st place before the latest restrictions were put in place

TBH the league are in a no win situation. Some clubs want to and believe they can afford to play without crowds, whilst a lot of clubs cant afford that. The season cant really go on any longer than the end of May, when it is due to finish, and then have the POs as well, and at the moment there is not a lot of space to play games if it was put back another couple of weeks, plus of course the league below us is starting this weekend in the FA Cup, which cant be moved.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:10 pm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... gue-clubs/

''The Government will provide a coronavirus bailout to the National League, in a move that will allow it to begin on Saturday and stop North and South division clubs withdrawing from the FA Cup.

Telegraph Sport can reveal that ministers have pledged to provide a rescue package to teams in the National League that could stop several of them going to the wall.

“That package will not arrive before Saturday’s National League kick-off and FA Cup second qualifying round but the Government has promised to underwrite losses made by clubs as a result of them being forced to play behind closed doors.''

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:42 pm

Why am I not holding my breath with this Government promise?

I do so hope it’s true though.

leoruby

Post by leoruby » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:47 pm

Spitfire wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:42 pm

Another case of 'we just have to wait and see' again I suppose

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:01 am

Spitfire wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:42 pm

Agreed. We seem to be jumping the gun a bit

Woking United

Post by Woking United » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:29 am

Seasons starting and government finally doing what needed doing , stop f@cking whinging

wokingsteve

Post by wokingsteve » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:54 am

Yep as i told you last week £20 million divided between 67 national league teams.

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:07 pm

Nigel Huddleston, Minister for Sport:

"Yesterday we provided the National League with assurances that financial support from the Government will be forthcoming so they can start this season this Saturday."

“Funding will be focused on those most in need and it will be based on the loss of gate receipts. I can't give details today. We are working on those details as I speak."

Any clubs in financial distress should contact their sports' governing body."

Link

rosemaryj

Post by rosemaryj » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:45 pm

Chobham Card thanks for this.

We need to be careful not to "jump the gun" as can be seen there is no detail behind what has been said and it looks as if the idea is to re-assure those clubs in North and South who have cup matches this Saturday.

Rosemary

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:01 pm

wokingsteve wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:54 am
Yep as i told you last week £20 million divided between 67 national league teams.
Where did you get this from? I can't find anything that states this. The Dagenham owner has suggested the NL needs up to £20 million to bail the clubs out but nowhere can I find any official statement saying this is the amount. As the Minister for Sport stated details cannot be given at this time so unless you have privileged access to Nigel Huddleston and he's told you this I fail to see how you know this.

wokingsteve

Post by wokingsteve » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:31 pm

AndyT wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:01 pm
wokingsteve wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:54 am
Where did you get this from? I can't find anything that states this. The Dagenham owner has suggested the NL needs up to £20 million to bail the clubs out but nowhere can I find any official statement saying this is the amount. As the Minister for Sport stated details cannot be given at this time so unless you have privileged access to Nigel Huddleston and he's told you this I fail to see how you know this.
It is being worked out on lost gate revenue so clubs wont receive the same amount for example
Woking will get more than Boredom Wood and so on. £20 million is an estimate not final figure.
All clubs have told the National league how much they will lose while no fans are allowed in the ground.

JAM

Post by JAM » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:37 pm

so £20m is an estimated figure, not the actual figure, which you claim that you told us last week it would be

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:56 pm

wokingsteve wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:31 pm
AndyT wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:01 pm

It is being worked out on lost gate revenue so clubs wont receive the same amount for example
Woking will get more than Boredom Wood and so on. £20 million is an estimate not final figure.
All clubs have told the National league how much they will lose while no fans are allowed in the ground.
I know exactly how it’s being worked out which is why I queried your post. As JAM has stated the figure you quoted is purely an estimate and because each club are submitting their own figures of net loss then it’s not being shared equally between all the NL clubs.

Woking United

Post by Woking United » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:45 am

Rosemary has obviously got to be guarded and she's doing a great job 4 WFC but the pledge has been made and when u factor in our sensible spending it's game on for the fans from here.

old brian

Post by old brian » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:05 am

If its going to be given based on attendances, will it be based on actual or fiction for Eastleigh?

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:14 am

No games should be played until this proposed deal is signed, sealed and delivered.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:24 am

Eastleigh will still declare 2000 behind closed doors
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:24 am

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:24 am
Eastleigh will still declare 2000 behind closed doors
it will be a NL record BCD attendance ;0)

Viking Card

Post by Viking Card » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:35 pm

Confirmed £67m split between all National League clubs over 3 months.

This better be based on confirmed net losses per club and not an even split.

rosemaryj

Post by rosemaryj » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:46 pm

The non-league on line states £10 million over three months which I can neither confirm nor deny however the club has issued the statement from the league released at 4.30pm.

Rosemary

Viking Card

Post by Viking Card » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:01 pm

Viking Card wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:35 pm
Confirmed £10 split between all 67 National League clubs over 3 months.

This better be based on confirmed net losses per club and not an even split.

Viking Card

Post by Viking Card » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:01 pm

rosemaryj wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:46 pm
The non-league on line states £10 million over three months which I can neither confirm nor deny however the club has issued the statement from the league released at 4.30pm.

Rosemary
Fairly significant typo. Corrected.