Ben Gerring injury

Adz

Ben Gerring injury

Post by Adz » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:05 pm

2 hairline fractures!

Wishing him a speedy recovery. Can we sign some centre backs please!

Chobham Card

Re: Ben Gerring injury

Post by Chobham Card » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:16 pm

Shit. How long does that typically keep a player out for?

Very interesting few weeks ahead now. Diarra and Gerring leave a huge gap.

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:30 pm

Suddenly that decision to re-sign Nathan Collier is looking inspired.

Adz

Post by Adz » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:50 pm

Lurker wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:30 pm
I suppose worst case scenario we have Collier and Cook that can play centre back. Far from ideal but at least we know they would give it everything

I don't know about these types of injuries but I would suspect he is out until just before Christmas

Radialcard

Post by Radialcard » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:33 pm

6 - 8 weeks recovery time so would expect him back at end of November at the earliest. It’s possible that matches won’t resume before mid November at the earliest.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:58 pm

Adz wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:50 pm
Lurker wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:30 pm
I suppose worst case scenario we have Collier and Cook that can play centre back. Far from ideal but at least we know they would give it everything

I don't know about these types of injuries but I would suspect he is out until just before Christmas
Better hope Tommy Block lives up to his surname! Cook is not a Conference level centre back according to our manager, and Collier...well, no more to say there!

Better Red

Post by Better Red » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:54 pm

Have to say that I don't think the regular sniping at Nathan Collier is particularly helpful at this stage.

If, as seems likely, we are in for a tough season on and off the pitch then we are going to need everybody be as supportive as possible to anyone who puts on the shirt. If some players (young or old) do have to be 'thrown in' to the fray their confidence is not likely to be bolstered by negative generalisations on this Board.

At the very least, let's wait for a ball to be kicked in serious competition (and see if we can even watch it).

COYC!

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:30 pm

I hope the players do not read this board! As I said, not going to say any more on the Collier subject, so there was not a lot of sniping. Don't be too touchy!

As for Cook, I think he is our best centre back, always have. Dowse has gone on record to say he is not a Conference level centre back, yet played him out of position and then had the cheek to blame him for costing us lots of goals. In fairness to Cook he improved massively as the season went on.

Of course I am behind the team...always have, always will. Like pretty much everyone, I have given money to the club in this period through various means. Time, I cant give currently. Other than posters from other teams, everybody is behind the team....does not mean you can point something out. Dowse will know he has to get 2 centre backs in pronto, or a right back if his faith in Cook is restored.

Get well soon Ben!

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:00 pm

Still 3 weeks to go. No need to panic. I would expect FL trialists to drop down this week? And we have the option of loaning.

That said, a new CB pairing needs a few PSFS to gel, so we need them in soon.

wokingsteve

Post by wokingsteve » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:17 pm

Could be a blessing in disguise the QE2 turns quicker.

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:43 pm

IIRC Dowse says that defenders need to be men and rarely do you find them at under 23 level so a loaner may be out. What's Charlie W doing right now?
This space intentionally left blank