Club Announcement

Nick

Club Announcement

Post by Nick » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:06 pm

Following the Government's announcement today, Woking Football Club awaits the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport's proposed guidance for fans attending live sporting events. Once the club is clear on the guidance we will publish ticketing arrangements for the 2020/21 season.

https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article ... ouncement/

Chobham Card

Re: Club Announcement

Post by Chobham Card » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:45 pm

From the FA (link):
The UK Government has confirmed that organised sports, which include Steps 3-6 of the National League System [NLS], Tiers 3-6 of the Women’s Football Pyramid [WFP] and outdoor grassroots football, can continue as an exemption to its latest planned measures in response to COVID-19.

Organised football activity is currently permitted at these levels but it is extremely important that clubs, players, coaches, match officials, league officials, volunteers, parents, carers, and facility providers continue to strictly follow both the UK Governments’ latest guidance on COVID-19 and respective bespoke guidelines from the FA.

Re-starting the game at these levels has been a significant challenge for everyone involved and we must acknowledge the hard work, passion and commitment of the football family. However, it is vital that we all adhere to these guidelines and ensure it can continue in a safe and secure way.

As part of this exemption, The FA can also clarify that clubs at Steps 3-6 of the NLS and Tiers 3-4 of the WFP remain permitted to accommodate a phased and limited return of spectators if they follow the UK Governments’ latest guidance on Covid-19 and The FA’s guidelines for the NLS or WFP.

cardtrick

Post by cardtrick » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:49 pm

I get confused between steps and levels but that looks like good news that National League can continue as planned - is that correct?

It does seem strange that 7 people cannot gather in your garden but 1000 can attend a stadium event! However i suspect they are balancing the health and economic factors

barracuda

Post by barracuda » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:28 pm

I thought that we were step 1. Which means this doesn't apply to us?

northeast card

Post by northeast card » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:32 pm

cardtrick wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:49 pm
I get confused between steps and levels but that looks like good news that National League can continue as planned - is that correct?

It does seem strange that 7 people cannot gather in your garden but 1000 can attend a stadium event! However i suspect they are balancing the health and economic factors
No, it means that levels below National League North/South can continue as planned. It leaves leagues higher up the pyramid in some doubt as to when they can start as they are now subject to review. Personally, I can’t see the NL starting on 3 October unless it is behind closed doors.

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:56 pm

Yeah that was the point - that we haven't been included in this big expansive announcement. Should've made that clear, the steps confuse me too.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:36 pm

No that announcement does not include the National League. We are bracketed as elite sport so are likely to have our start date delayed.

Stuwfc

Post by Stuwfc » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:03 pm

Will have to go to a vote start behind closed doors or wait another 6-8 weeks

Stuwfc

Post by Stuwfc » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:05 pm

Will have to go to a vote start behind closed doors or wait another 6-8 weeks if closed doors I’d happily pay to watch via live stream if that’s the only way forward . Would others ?

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:50 pm

we cant start this league without fans

no fans = no money to pay anyone
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

cardtrick

Post by cardtrick » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:57 am

There is absolutely no way that streaming games behind closed doors would approach any sort of sustainable level of income like we would get with crowds. It might be the icing on a cake but it won't replace the cake

Bucks Correspondent

Post by Bucks Correspondent » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:28 am

It seems that the top 2 steps of non-league were classed as elite sport (which remains under review as to when crowds can return) because they concluded the season with play-offs. It has nothing to do with facilities, crowd sizes etc.

Stoo

Post by Stoo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:58 am

Stuwfc wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:05 pm
Will have to go to a vote start behind closed doors or wait another 6-8 weeks if closed doors I’d happily pay to watch via live stream if that’s the only way forward . Would others ?
Absolutely. I think the plans to stream games are afoot.