Interview

wokingcardinal

Interview

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:34 pm

Wokingcard

Re: Interview

Post by Wokingcard » Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:51 pm

All that wait for a couple of sentences that don’t really answer any key questions. Would love an interview that answers the following:

- you want to dilute your ownership, can you confirm to what level?
- what happens if we don’t find investment in the next 6/12/18 months? Will you continue to fund the football club at the current level? Will the budget need to reduce significantly?
- you met the new CEO through Boz, this doesn’t seem like an extensive interview and recruitment process, is this just anyone will do?

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:59 pm

Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:51 pm
All that wait for a couple of sentences that don’t really answer any key questions. Would love an interview that answers the following:

- what happens if we don’t find investment in the next 6/12/18 months? Will you continue to fund the football club at the current level? Will the budget need to reduce significantly?
- you met the new CEO through Boz, this doesn’t seem like an extensive interview and recruitment process, is this just anyone will do?
Why don't you email him those questions?

Carded

Post by Carded » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:10 pm

wokingcardinal wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:59 pm
Wokingcard wrote:

Why doesn't Volpe just say it publicly? Not sure why there's secrecy about everything at the moment. Those are the questions that matter for the future of the club.

Admitting the new CEO was recommended through a Fruit & Veg business is scary, though.
Wise men say...

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:21 pm

Carded wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:10 pm
wokingcardinal wrote:

Why doesn't Volpe just say it publicly? Not sure why there's secrecy about everything at the moment. Those are the questions that matter for the future of the club.

Admitting the new CEO was recommended through a Fruit & Veg business is scary, though.
say what exactly? When any "business" is looking for investment do they openly discuss all details on the intrenet? if they did how do you think the interested parties might feel?

He said he met him through Boz, why is that scary? He wasn't working on his market stall or supplying him with lemons as far as I know, have you looked into his background regarding sport?

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:23 pm

wokingcardinal wrote:
Wokingcard wrote:

I can't be the only one getting you two mixed up. Could whoever registered second, change your username so it's possible to differentiate between each of you, please?
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:27 pm

Nonsense Potter wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:23 pm
wokingcardinal wrote:

I can't be the only one getting you two mixed up. Could whoever registered second, change your username so it's possible to differentiate between each of you, please?
it is just you.

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:37 pm

It will be business as usual at Woking. There will not be any noticeable changes which is what I want Woking supporters to know. I’ve been open about my intention to bring in new investors, who will buy into the club. My goal is to have a seamless transition to a new investment group, and this means making careful decisions.

That’s not all that difficult to understand, IN MY OPINION, unless you don’t want to 🤷‍♂️

By “business as usual” I presume he meant constant carping and conjecture 🤣
This message brought to you through the POWER OF FACT.

HG Wells

Post by HG Wells » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:44 pm

Maybe the investors don’t want it made public just yet. Have you considered that. There are such things as confidential negotiations or do you want to give it your blessing first? 😂.

RedRich

Post by RedRich » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:50 pm

It doesn’t sound overly optimistic about future signings. We could do with a striker or two.

Wokingcard

Post by Wokingcard » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:55 pm

wokingcardinal wrote:
Wokingcard wrote:

None of the above questions are confidential and should be made public to the fans of the club who deserve them to be answered when there’s uncertainty.

Business as usual for how long? If Drew is looking for investment and has admitted the budget we had can’t continue in perpetuity, what are the implications of investment can’t be found in the next 6/12/18 months?

cardtrick

Post by cardtrick » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:58 pm

Carded wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:10 pm
wokingcardinal wrote:

There is no secrecy that i can see at the moment and the shareholders meeting seems to have been pretty open. If there are meetings going on then there is a difference between secrecy and confidentiality. There absolutely has to be confidentiality and putting everything up to be gossiped about on an internet forum is a recipe for disaster.

Drew has been clear and clear he going nowhere

KT22Card

Post by KT22Card » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:59 pm

“Fruit and veg” , a very quick look at Boz’s Companies House Returns look impressive to me from a financial point of view.

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:16 pm

Wokingcard wrote:
“None of the above questions are confidential and should be made public to the fans of the club who deserve them to be answered when there’s uncertainty.”

As a fan with shares in the club I deserve an almost infinitesimal amount of input when compared to the majority shareholder who has continued to put his money where his mouth is to date.

You might remember that the club had little or no prospect of future investment at all until the American Overlords arrived (gods bless them!).
What did you deserve then?

It seems to me we’ve been richly rewarded for not very much except complaining.
This message brought to you through the POWER OF FACT.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:17 pm

Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:55 pm
wokingcardinal wrote:

None of the above questions are confidential and should be made public to the fans of the club who deserve them to be answered when there’s uncertainty.

Business as usual for how long? If Drew is looking for investment and has admitted the budget we had can’t continue in perpetuity, what are the implications of investment can’t be found in the next 6/12/18 months?
Thank you for showing you have no idea how the business world operates.

I suggest that you read what he posted.

Failing that, just read Grower’s post.

He nails it.

Drew has spaffed millions up the wall and written it off by converting it into worthless shares that he as all us shareholders have to do, pay a yearly fee for the privilege of owning.

The bed wetting on here would be even more embarrassing if he had said he was wanting his money back a wound the company up.
Looking forward to see everyone again at Kingfield, soon.
Some interesting conversations will be had.

oakie

Post by oakie » Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:10 pm

I visit my local supermarket every Saturday and because I purchase products from them, now demand the CEO provides me with full details of their future business plans and a cast iron guarantee that my preferred local shop will be funded on a forward basis and still open whenever I might choose to visit in the future
Last edited by oakie on Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

top of the C

Post by top of the C » Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:13 pm

Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:55 pm
wokingcardinal wrote:

WTAF?
why do you deserve them to be answered,do you have a major financial stake already? If not, why not - we need to know.
commercial negotiations are always confidential - if you know otherwise give us examples?
what is the benefit to Drew in putting everything in the public domain - do you think you have some role/input/contribution in the decision making process?
how long is your comapny/job staying as 'business as usual' -tell us, we deserve to know?
what are the implications if the money can't be found - you tell us?
why 6/12/18 months - why not this season/next season/sometime/never?

why not relax, and just demoan the lack of / quality of signings?
Drew has shown a massive commitment to this club, for no 'obvious' reason - we should be tthankful for that. it won't always be smooth saling either on or off the field. leave the ownership to those who own the club.

oakie

Post by oakie » Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:28 pm

Could be worse...

SOUTHEND United had an operating loss of £2.458 million in the year ending 31 July 2023, ~£18m in debt to various other Ron Martin group companies & a staff wage bill (including back office) of £2.9m (£2.6m plus pension/social security etc).

KT22Card

Post by KT22Card » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:28 pm

Well stated Adrian, after that and a few personal mails too and from Drew my cup is half full ( not half empty)

WFC96

Post by WFC96 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:30 pm

At least Drew is being very clear that in the long term we need more funding and that he is looking for that. Most of these nutcase owners just keep saddling their clubs with more and more and more debt before jumping ship.

We currently owe nothing to Drew, he has already stated that he will not jump ship and that he needs investors for the long term. Currently, I have no reason to not believe him.

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:35 pm

I'm waiting for Nonsense Potter to tell us that Rightcard will be right along to provide us with all the answers to the various 'demands'.... and then i'll hand over my 5 pounds of your British money.
Overland Park KC.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:40 pm

I am sure we all understand if he can't get investors then the budget will be "slashed" That's just common sense, teams seem to survive on a lot less gates/season ticket holders than we do, we just have to hope the positive conversations Drew is having come to fruition.

red_army

Post by red_army » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:52 pm

Glad this has been published, was expecting it to be a bit longer after all the drama surrounding it, maybe of question on how close we are to offloading Matt Robinson to Hartlepool for a HUGE FEE and if we can find a way to sell or loan Ince to Steve King at Hednesford.

Berkoe close? Luton, any chance of you being so kind to lend us Luker again?

Onwards, COYC
17/03/2014.....Oh what a night

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:08 pm

red_army wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:52 pm
Glad this has been published, was expecting it to be a bit longer after all the drama surrounding it, maybe of question on how close we are to offloading Matt Robinson to Hartlepool for a HUGE FEE and if we can find a way to sell or loan Ince to Steve King at Hednesford.

Berkoe close? Luton, any chance of you being so kind to lend us Luker again?

Onwards, COYC
Blimey you definitely living in hope there!! lol

skippy

Post by skippy » Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:08 pm

wokingcardinal wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:40 pm
I am sure we all understand if he can't get investors then the budget will be "slashed" That's just common sense, teams seem to survive on a lot less gates/season ticket holders than we do, we just have to hope the positive conversations Drew is having come to fruition.
Iirc we have to hand over our budget details before the NL AGM and shareholders were given an about figure for this season. Significantly reduced from last season but not far below the season before that.
What it possibly means is that without investors if we need to spend money in January we won't be able to.

We've been in far worse states, not that I think we're in a bad state now.