Interview

Growler
Posts: 2904
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:54 pm
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Interview

Post by Growler » Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:23 pm

I e had another read. One thing I noted from the article…
“we’ve made some amazing signings that are ready to go…”

Now does that mean “we’ve made our (fantastic, title-winning) signings and that’s it, lads”, or does it mean “we’ve made some (more) great signings that are ready to go, we just need their current 52-week contracts to expire so we can land them/just need their parent clubs to announce the loans”…?

That’s literally the one question I would ask after reading that statement.

It’s a classic Des question and a fifty-fifty answer, depending on your Cardsboard negativity-ometer.
This message brought to you through the POWER OF FACT.

JWCard
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:22 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Interview

Post by JWCard » Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:50 pm

Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:55 pm
wokingcardinal wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:59 pm


Why don't you email him those questions?
None of the above questions are confidential and should be made public to the fans of the club who deserve them to be answered when there’s uncertainty.

Business as usual for how long? If Drew is looking for investment and has admitted the budget we had can’t continue in perpetuity, what are the implications of investment can’t be found in the next 6/12/18 months?
@wokingcard - fair play to you fella - I think you've trolled everybody brilliantly with these posts - because this level of lack of understanding of how businesses operate can surely only be parody

Lars Muller
Posts: 696
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:39 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Interview

Post by Lars Muller » Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:51 pm

Growler wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:23 pm
I e had another read. One thing I noted from the article…
“we’ve made some amazing signings that are ready to go…”

Now does that mean “we’ve made our (fantastic, title-winning) signings and that’s it, lads”, or does it mean “we’ve made some (more) great signings that are ready to go, we just need their current 52-week contracts to expire so we can land them/just need their parent clubs to announce the loans”…?

That’s literally the one question I would ask after reading that statement.

It’s a classic Des question and a fifty-fifty answer, depending on your Cardsboard negativity-ometer.


Optimism at its finest……..

I read that part of the interview as we are pretty much done with signings. To be honest with all the recent bed wetting going on I had forgotten about Gorman and Beautyman who are pretty decent signings for us.

Growler
Posts: 2904
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:54 pm
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Interview

Post by Growler » Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:30 pm

Anderson Gorman Beautyman. That does have the “Decent Midfield” box ticked for the Negative Nellies.

Then there’s still Smith, Ince & Tunji (even Edwards is still on the website). Being a supper-happy happy-clapper I’d hope we’d got a loan or two lined-up too.
This message brought to you through the POWER OF FACT.

KT22Card
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:02 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Interview

Post by KT22Card » Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:02 pm

And my blood pressure will be down not having to invent new insults for Grimes

Red and White Army
Posts: 5214
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:53 pm
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Interview

Post by Red and White Army » Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:07 pm

I haven’t really been arsed to keep up with the whole SCANDAL around what Drew/Jacob said/didn’t say.

But did that really need a build up to an ‘interview’ which said basically everything we already know ie “I’m staying and we’ve just signed Max Dyche”?

The whole situation is about as overblown as the reaction to England being top of our Euros group after two matches.

wokingcardinal
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Interview

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:17 pm

Red and White Army wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:07 pm
I haven’t really been arsed to keep up with the whole SCANDAL around what Drew/Jacob said/didn’t say.

But did that really need a build up to an ‘interview’ which said basically everything we already know ie “I’m staying and we’ve just signed Max Dyche”?

The whole situation is about as overblown as the reaction to England being top of our Euros group after two matches.
People were pissing their pants and filling in the blanks before the interview, now it's been done people are filling in the blanks and pissing their pants 👍🏻

Wafflebutt
Posts: 1990
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:54 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Interview

Post by Wafflebutt » Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:40 pm

wokingcardinal wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:17 pm
Red and White Army wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:07 pm
I haven’t really been arsed to keep up with the whole SCANDAL around what Drew/Jacob said/didn’t say.

But did that really need a build up to an ‘interview’ which said basically everything we already know ie “I’m staying and we’ve just signed Max Dyche”?

The whole situation is about as overblown as the reaction to England being top of our Euros group after two matches.
People were pissing their pants and filling in the blanks before the interview, now it's been done people are filling in the blanks and pissing their pants 👍🏻
Never has a truer sentence been said on here.
Criticism that’s correct is fair. The fake stuff isn’t.

Kanu's Nan
Posts: 4007
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:24 am
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Interview

Post by Kanu's Nan » Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:47 am

Red and White Army wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:07 pm
I haven’t really been arsed to keep up with the whole SCANDAL around what Drew/Jacob said/didn’t say.

But did that really need a build up to an ‘interview’ which said basically everything we already know ie “I’m staying and we’ve just signed Max Dyche”?

The whole situation is about as overblown as the reaction to England being top of our Euros group after two matches.
The rough timeline as I can make out;

- Shareholders are given some news about the future of the club and DV's involvement at a Shareholder meeting, in confidence, which is their right and privelege as shareholders.
- Some shareholders talk about this following news of a new CEO
- Some non-shareholders begin to wave their fists in protest about being kept in the dark, as is the right of the club hierarchy
- The off-record conversation is published on the record (mistakenly or not I can't be arsed with that)
- DV feels he needs to therefore say something, but can't say a lot
- Some more fists are waved.


For all those who think that WFC don't communicate enough, go and look at Southend.
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

wokingcardinal
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Interview

Post by wokingcardinal » Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:56 am

Kanu's Nan wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:47 am
Red and White Army wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:07 pm
I haven’t really been arsed to keep up with the whole SCANDAL around what Drew/Jacob said/didn’t say.

But did that really need a build up to an ‘interview’ which said basically everything we already know ie “I’m staying and we’ve just signed Max Dyche”?

The whole situation is about as overblown as the reaction to England being top of our Euros group after two matches.
The rough timeline as I can make out;

- Shareholders are given some news about the future of the club and DV's involvement at a Shareholder meeting, in confidence, which is their right and privelege as shareholders.
- Some shareholders talk about this following news of a new CEO
- Some non-shareholders begin to wave their fists in protest about being kept in the dark, as is the right of the club hierarchy
- The off-record conversation is published on the record (mistakenly or not I can't be arsed with that)
- DV feels he needs to therefore say something, but can't say a lot
- Some more fists are waved.


For all those who think that WFC don't communicate enough, go and look at Southend.
that's it in a nutshell, the tinfoil-wrapped head pitchfork gang are having a field day!!

Texas Dave
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:14 am
Location: North Texas
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Interview

Post by Texas Dave » Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:16 pm

Red and White Army wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:07 pm
I haven’t really been arsed to keep up with the whole SCANDAL around what Drew/Jacob said/didn’t say.

But did that really need a build up to an ‘interview’ which said basically everything we already know ie “I’m staying and we’ve just signed Max Dyche”?

The whole situation is about as overblown as the reaction to England being top of our Euros group after two matches.
make that 3 matches
War is God’s way of teaching Americans geography.

Wafflebutt
Posts: 1990
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:54 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Interview

Post by Wafflebutt » Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:36 pm

"War is God’s way of teaching Americans geography"

Quality dave, absolute quality.
Criticism that’s correct is fair. The fake stuff isn’t.

Old Woking United
Posts: 739
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:07 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Interview

Post by Old Woking United » Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:53 pm

Carded wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:10 pm
wokingcardinal wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:59 pm


Why don't you email him those questions?
Why doesn't Volpe just say it publicly? Not sure why there's secrecy about everything at the moment. Those are the questions that matter for the future of the club.

Admitting the new CEO was recommended through a Fruit & Veg business is scary, though.
Scary how?. You appear to have a problem with our main shirt sponsor of years now. Top bloke and obviously a good business man. Scary ! No.


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], blueblueglos, Brian_a, Byfleet Village Card, Ex Card, skippy, TJB and 72 guests

Cardboard

Cardsboard.co.uk is not an official message board of Woking Football Club or The Cards Trust, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Please be warned that some posts will contain swear words.

Vanarama National League Club Forums: Aldershot Town | Altrincham | Barnet | Bromley | Chesterfield | Dagenham & Redbridge | Eastleigh | Ebbsfleet United | FC Halifax Town | Gateshead | Hartlepool United | Kidderminster Harriers | Maidenhead United | Oldham Athletic | Oxford City | Rochdale | Solihull Moors | Southend United | Wealdstone | York City

Unofficial League Forums: The Conference Forum

Other Links: Cards Trust - Boost the Budget | wokingfc.co.uk | Surrey Advertiser | Woking News and Mail | BBC Sport - Woking | BBC Football Commentaries