Lucrative business opportunity

wokingcardinal

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:39 pm

flagman wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:27 pm
Woking is a football club with history it will carry on whether in the National league or in the park You can come and spectate or do something else on a Saturday afternoon I think most people will carry on watching Woking regardless of their financial situation just enjoy the highs and lows last season being a perfect example
Well let's hope it doesn't come to that eh!

Cardinal96

Post by Cardinal96 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:40 pm

Meerkat wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:20 pm
DV clearly didn’t anticipate having to chuck in massive amounts for years - I don’t think he can do it any more/much longer.
I mean... what did he expect? If we're losing 3m quid a year then we wont break even even if we filled the ground every single week.

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:41 pm

Cardinal96 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:40 pm
Meerkat wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:20 pm
DV clearly didn’t anticipate having to chuck in massive amounts for years - I don’t think he can do it any more/much longer.
I mean... what did he expect? If we're losing 3m quid a year then we wont break even even if we filled the ground every single week.
£3M over three years.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:44 pm

Nonsense Potter wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:41 pm
Cardinal96 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:40 pm

£3M over three years.
I thought people claimed our budget was 1.5m!?

Wokingcard

Post by Wokingcard » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:46 pm

So the article was posted when he never actually spoke to Drew?

Jacob or any of the others that run that little podcast should probably come on here and explain

Beowulf

Post by Beowulf » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:46 pm

Drew Volpe wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:23 pm
All-I've already talked to Jacob. There are some huge omissions and inaccuracies in what he posted and he is remedying. I'm giving an actual interview with Jonnie in 90 minutes which will come from the club directly. No harm no foul but Jacob and I never actually spoke.
Drew, I'm willing to make a qualifying offer for 51% stake in the club at about tree fiddy.

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:53 pm

wokingcardinal wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:44 pm
Nonsense Potter wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:41 pm

£3M over three years.
I thought people claimed our budget was 1.5m!?
I'm not sure it ever went that high. Obviously the club makes money via entrance fees, bar/catering and sponsorship too. The gap was funded by Drew.

The coming season sees a more manageable budget and I assume a lot more pressure on driving up income from other sources.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Viking Card

Post by Viking Card » Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:01 pm

Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:46 pm

Jacob or any of the others that run that little podcast should probably come on here and explain
Careful, he won’t like be taken to task. He’s been on a blocking spree on Twitter for the same reason.

To summarise;

Release some half arsed, blown up statement implying direct contact with DV. ☑️

Get pulled to task for inaccuracy and asked to remove article by DV ☑️

Block fellow supporters on Twitter for daring to question things ☑️

Poor, embarrassingly fucking poor.

Tuna.

Wokingcard

Post by Wokingcard » Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:02 pm

Viking Card wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:01 pm
Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:46 pm

Careful, he won’t like be taken to task. He’s been on a blocking spree on Twitter for the same reason.

To summarise;

Tuna.
I noticed that. He’s quick to criticise others and expect them to take it as part and parcel but question him and that’s another matter! He’s a muppet

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:05 pm

Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:02 pm
Viking Card wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:01 pm

To summarise;

Tuna.
I noticed that. He’s quick to criticise others and expect them to take it as part and parcel but question him and that’s another matter! He’s a muppet
Not a fan of the podcast then?? 🤣🤣

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:34 pm

We were always going to have limited opportunities to get promoted. As most sane people realised, the money wasn’t going to be around forever which makes last year so frustrating. Let’s just hope we can make a go of it this season with most of the bigger teams now in the Football League.

Regardless of Jacob’s article, slagging off the podcast is not permitted❌. It’s always a great listen.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:44 pm

Red and White Army wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:34 pm
We were always going to have limited opportunities to get promoted. As most sane people realised, the money wasn’t going to be around forever which makes last year so frustrating. Let’s just hope we can make a go of it this season with most of the bigger teams now in the Football League.

Regardless of Jacob’s article, slagging off the podcast is not permitted❌. It’s always a great listen.
I don't mind the podcast at all, even with the "article" it didn't say anything too shocker, it will be interesting to see what the "truth" is, but also I wonder who Jacobs source is?? 🤔

GlenH

Post by GlenH » Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:51 pm

Hi All,

I wasn't going to comment - it's not really anything to do with me and I don't pretend to know anything more than what's been written - but I feel obligated to defend my friend, who I think has unfairly been made a scapegoat here.

Drew very kindly came on our podcast last year and since then he and Jacob have maintained semi-regular contact. I have seen, via Jacob, some messages that were shared between them over the past few days - the contents of which were reflected in Jacob's article.

I do not know what was agreed in terms of exactly what could be shared and when, and clearly there has been some miscommunication here, but knowing Jacob as I do, I do not believe for a moment that he would intentionally set out to damage the club or misrepresent what was shared with him. He is a passionate supporter, like all of us, and was only seeking to shed what light he could on an uncertain time at the club.

Jacob has run his blog for many years now and has always maintained friendly relations with everyone at the club, which has allowed him to garner the interviews and insights he gets, in addition to the podcast guests he has, in more recent years, facilitated us speaking to.

I know this is a fractious time and we are all hoping for clarity, but please don't slag someone off based on one prematurely published article, when he has never to my knowledge said a vindictive word about the club through any medium. I'm the far more hot-headed one out of the two of us!

Appreciate the kind words on the podcast R&W Army.

Glen

doylie

Post by doylie » Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:09 pm

I preferred the days when Flakey was in charge of all the official announcement stuff to be honest.
Memories of the past, visions of the future - follow on Twitter and Instagram
https://twitter.com/cardinal_tales

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:21 pm

doylie wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:09 pm
I preferred the days when Flakey was in charge of all the official announcement stuff to be honest.
🤣🤣

GWP Card

Post by GWP Card » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:59 am

Drew - you and Jacob did message so why lie and make him look like he is the one in the wrong here? You’ve brought the usual keyboard warriors out of hiding, not a good look.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:55 am

GWP Card wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:59 am
Drew - you and Jacob did message so why lie and make him look like he is the one in the wrong here? You’ve brought the usual keyboard warriors out of hiding, not a good look.
Message and give interview are 2 very different things, would you say?

GWP Card

Post by GWP Card » Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:58 am

No as I have seen the message

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:04 am

GWP Card wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:58 am
No as I have seen the message
What did they say then?

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:12 am

This is a bit messy.

flagman

Post by flagman » Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:15 am

wokingcardinal wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:39 pm
flagman wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:27 pm
Woking is a football club with history it will carry on whether in the National league or in the park You can come and spectate or do something else on a Saturday afternoon I think most people will carry on watching Woking regardless of their financial situation just enjoy the highs and lows last season being a perfect example
Well let's hope it doesn't come to that eh!
For sure , I am really looking forward to the new season, we look like we are going to play football on the floor , but if it does go belly up , i will still go . When we get relegated do crowds dramatically drop ? The League teams that drop into our league seem to hold on to their crowds . If you go football on a Saturday afternoon, it’s hard to lose that habit .

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:17 am

Nonsense Potter wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:12 am
This is a bit messy.
The interview Drew did with the club will hopefully come out today to clear it up.

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:27 am

wokingcardinal wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:17 am
Nonsense Potter wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:12 am
This is a bit messy.
The interview Drew did with the club will hopefully come out today to clear it up.
Hope so.

I'm genuinely impressed that nothing was posted on here until the link at the top of this thread. It seemed a bit odd that all the shareholders were told not to repeat anything and then a random blog posted some of the information and promoted it via Twitter.

Not sure who is in the wrong, but it's made one of the two parties look like a massive liar.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:41 am

Nonsense Potter wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:27 am
wokingcardinal wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:17 am

Hope so.

I'm genuinely impressed that nothing was posted on here until the link at the top of this thread. It seemed a bit odd that all the shareholders were told not to repeat anything and then a random blog posted some of the information and promoted it via Twitter.

Not sure who is in the wrong, but it's made one of the two parties look like a massive liar.
I don't think the info was/is a lie, it just doesn't contain all the info, everyone likes to control their own narrative at the end of the day.

Maybe the mystery message viewer can enlighten us what they saw? Unless they just want to feel important an not let us know 🤔

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:17 am

Imagine people having a pop at an individual who has, literally lost a fortune in our football club and has changed the debt into shares of no value that he has to pay an annual fee to keep?
Looking forward to see everyone again at Kingfield, soon.
Some interesting conversations will be had.