Lucrative business opportunity

Cards

Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Cards » Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:11 am

https://t.co/crqbRHquNU - Final Third Sports Hunt New Majority Shareholder For The Cards

Nonsense Potter

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Nonsense Potter » Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:16 am

Does this mean it's not under embargo to discuss now?
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

HG Wells

Post by HG Wells » Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:40 am

Nonsense Potter wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:16 am
Does this mean it's not under embargo to discuss now?
Probably not. Article is incorrect in the fact that DV is no longer in the country, he flew back Saturday afternoon.

Cardbattery

Post by Cardbattery » Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:25 pm

Quite a bit of pressure on this, what happens if nobody buys?

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:32 pm

Cardbattery wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:25 pm
we have a whipround

NeilC

Post by NeilC » Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:47 pm

Cardbattery wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:25 pm
Some people will be pleased that we can return to bumbling around in the Isthmian league and reminiscing about the Finn brothers

Carded

Post by Carded » Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:47 pm

What happened to "we are going to keep doing this until we get promoted"?

This needs clarifying too: "It is unclear how any delay may impact the club’s short-term finances and if there is a contingency plan in place should no suitable party be found."

Surprised we haven't heard from the new CEO yet through the official channels.
Wise men say...

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:56 pm

Carded wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:47 pm
What happened to "we are going to keep doing this until we get promoted"?

This needs clarifying too: "It is unclear how any delay may impact the club’s short-term finances and if there is a contingency plan in place should no suitable party be found."

Surprised we haven't heard from the new CEO yet through the official channels.
unfortunately, unless you have a "billionaire" the novelty of throwing money down the toilet soon disappears!

Wokingcard

Post by Wokingcard » Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:37 pm

This is potentially devastating for the club.

Who will pay circa £3m for a club that doesn’t own its ground, has no assets and no prospect of developing the current ground?

It’s clear Drew wants his money back but if a buyer can’t be found, what happens? Drew pulls the plug and withdraws? Or keeps the club afloat until he can find a buyer at a lower price?

Very, very concerning.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:41 pm

So they've got bored with their 'toy'? Is that about right?

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:10 pm

Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:37 pm

Who will pay circa £3m for a club that doesn’t own its ground, has no assets and no prospect of developing the current ground?

It’s clear Drew wants his money back but if a buyer can’t be found, what happens? Drew pulls the plug and withdraws? Or keeps the club afloat until he can find a buyer at a lower price?

Very, very concerning.
Who said Drew was asking for £3M?
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:23 pm

I assume that if we have survived the AGM then DV has guaranteed to cover the budget this season.
Anyone know what the guarantee the league insists on consists of - ie can you go bankrupt and shrug it off or is it some kind of bond?

Wokingcard

Post by Wokingcard » Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:25 pm

Nonsense Potter wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:10 pm
Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:37 pm

Very, very concerning.
Who said Drew was asking for £3M?
He’s converted his debt to equity. If someone wants to buy the club, you’d assume he’d ask for that to be paid.

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:37 pm

Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:25 pm
He’s converted his debt to equity. If someone wants to buy the club, you’d assume he’d ask for that to be paid.
Would it change your mind if you sat in an EGM with him about ten days ago and he stressed it wasn't the case?

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:52 pm

Nonsense Potter wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:37 pm
Wokingcard wrote:
Would it change your mind if you sat in an EGM with him about ten days ago and he stressed it wasn't the case?
it is a slight worry of course it is, but I don't really understand all the knicker-wetting, but hey that's social media I guess!! Were there any other Nuggets from EGM??

readingcard

Post by readingcard » Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:20 pm

So to the normal fan , this all sounds like bad news.

If it’s not bad news then tell us more , where is the statement from the new chairman , why is drew selling up?

What did the Americans expect ? One bad season and they are off ?

Tell us more

Wokingcard

Post by Wokingcard » Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:23 pm

Nonsense Potter wrote:
Wokingcard wrote:
Yes - getting vague “don’t worry, I was there and he said something different” confirmation, with no added context or information from Nonsense Potter on a fans forum definitely changes my mind. Tell the club not to bother with the statement or any formal communication, it’s all good!

top of the C

Post by top of the C » Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:27 pm

Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:23 pm
Nonsense Potter wrote:

Yes - getting vague “don’t worry, I was there and he said something different” confirmation, with no added context or information from Nonsense Potter on a fans forum definitely changes my mind. Tell the club not to bother with the statement or any formal communication, it’s all good!
as someone a few posts up said 'knicker-wetting is not a good look', and you've just proven it!

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:09 pm

top of the C wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:27 pm
Wokingcard wrote:

as someone a few posts up said 'knicker-wetting is not a good look', and you've just proven it!
Two different posters, very similar log in. I've made that mistake before.

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:13 pm

Wokingcard wrote:
Nonsense Potter wrote:

There are probably 25 other posters on here who were in the meeting. The club asked us not to post anything until a press release came out. As it is, that announced JK's departure from day to day activities and nothing on the stuff in the link above. TBH, I'm amazed it wasn't leaked.

If you think a club that needs £3M over three seasons to break even is worth £3M, I'm not surprised that you don't believe me.

You should try getting content from people like Matt Le Tissier and David Ike. I think you'd like what they have to say.

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:15 pm

readingcard wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:20 pm
So to the normal fan , this all sounds like bad news.

If it’s not bad news then tell us more , where is the statement from the new chairman , why is drew selling up?

What did the Americans expect ? One bad season and they are off ?

Tell us more
It was always a three year plan. Drew's converted his loans into shares, so the club doesn't owe any money. If the club wants to build up debt now, that is a different story.

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:20 pm

DV clearly didn’t anticipate having to chuck in massive amounts for years - I don’t think he can do it any more/much longer.
Basically we are (as was inevitable) back where we have been for years - stumbling between rich men until we can’t find one and go bust or find one that can afford to rebuild the ground.
He might well want his £3m back but as the club has near zero assets almost any offer is better than admin.

Drew Volpe

Post by Drew Volpe » Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:23 pm

All-I've already talked to Jacob. There are some huge omissions and inaccuracies in what he posted and he is remedying. I'm giving an actual interview with Jonnie in 90 minutes which will come from the club directly. No harm no foul but Jacob and I never actually spoke.

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:21 pm

Editor’s note: We have removed the below story at the request of Drew Volpe who has communicated he would like to provide an update directly to the fans via the club’s official media channels. The future of Woking Football Club is of utmost importance and we will continue to push for transparency on this topic both here and on social media.

you removed it because according to Drew your report contains many omissions and inaccuracies. Including the fact that you never spoke to Drew. I mean - fuck me - what top trolling journalistic bollocks. just why?
Overland Park KC.

flagman

Post by flagman » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:27 pm

Woking is a football club with history it will carry on whether in the National league or in the park You can come and spectate or do something else on a Saturday afternoon I think most people will carry on watching Woking regardless of their financial situation just enjoy the highs and lows last season being a perfect example