Lucrative business opportunity

WFC1993
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:41 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by WFC1993 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:48 am

Well, if Drew wasn't completely done with the club before this, I can't see him wanting to stay on after the shitshow we're suffering here currently!

Kingfield Ender
Posts: 8450
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 am
Has thanked: 442 times
Been thanked: 375 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Kingfield Ender » Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:27 am

Indeed, this thread is a disaster
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

wokingcardinal
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by wokingcardinal » Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:28 am

WFC1993 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:48 am
Well, if Drew wasn't completely done with the club before this, I can't see him wanting to stay on after the shitshow we're suffering here currently!
I imagine he won't be too worried about the gnashing of teeth on here.

Nico
Posts: 892
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:39 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Nico » Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:04 am

I was also at the shareholders EGM a couple of weeks ago and respect the call for sensitivity in sharing what was said. All I would say is I left clearer and enthused as to the possibilities which, to my mind, outweigh the risks. I am also full of respect for Drew, his commitment to stay involved with the club and steps he is taking to make a positive future possible

I am confident

wokingcardinal
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by wokingcardinal » Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:17 am

Nico wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:04 am
I was also at the shareholders EGM a couple of weeks ago and respect the call for sensitivity in sharing what was said. All I would say is I left clearer and enthused as to the possibilities which, to my mind, outweigh the risks. I am also full of respect for Drew, his commitment to stay involved with the club and steps he is taking to make a positive future possible

I am confident
Thanks Nico, that's reassuring once official communication comes out we can then start talking and looking forward to football again!

Muppet
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:07 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Muppet » Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:09 am

Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:02 pm
Viking Card wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:01 pm


Careful, he won’t like be taken to task. He’s been on a blocking spree on Twitter for the same reason.

To summarise;

Release some half arsed, blown up statement implying direct contact with DV. ☑️

Get pulled to task for inaccuracy and asked to remove article by DV ☑️

Block fellow supporters on Twitter for daring to question things ☑️

Poor, embarrassingly fucking poor.

Tuna.
I noticed that. He’s quick to criticise others and expect them to take it as part and parcel but question him and that’s another matter! He’s a muppet
AHEM ....
Beware of Greeks

Muppet
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:07 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Muppet » Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:24 am

Spongeball wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:05 am
This thread is completely absurd. A long time lurker, rare poster here. We seem to lose sight that we are all on the same side, we all love the club.

I don’t know exactly what was said at the AGM but I feel like the developments of the last week, with the departure of JK and the impending news that DV appears to be also on the way out, is extremely concerning. It also makes me feel like last seasons pitiful showing is coming home to roost. Would this be happening if we got into the play offs last year?

I’m not a fan of all this cloak and dagger stuff. Some people knowing stuff, told not to post. Other knowing bits. It just leads to confusion. I’m not one of the ‘in the loop’ people but from what I’m seeing I’m deeply concerned about the future. Can anyone post something definitive about what on earth is going on in the absence of anything from the club?
LOLOLOL - absolutely nothing to worry about , when was DV making his statement , yesterday wasn't it ?
Beware of Greeks

Wafflebutt
Posts: 1990
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:54 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Wafflebutt » Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:53 pm

They are taking their merry time releasing the interview.
Criticism that’s correct is fair. The fake stuff isn’t.

wokingcardinal
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by wokingcardinal » Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:11 pm

Wafflebutt wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:53 pm
They are taking their merry time releasing the interview.
After a board meeting, that is today I believe, the interview is then going out after that.

Kingfield Ender
Posts: 8450
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 am
Has thanked: 442 times
Been thanked: 375 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:26 am

Must be a good one ..........
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

wokingcardinal
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by wokingcardinal » Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:38 am

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:26 am
Must be a good one ..........
Does anyone know when the board meeting was?

Kingfield Ender
Posts: 8450
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 am
Has thanked: 442 times
Been thanked: 375 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:23 am

Maybe its still going..
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Growler
Posts: 2904
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:54 pm
Has thanked: 270 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Growler » Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:13 pm

It just isn’t good enough is it?!?!?!?

It used to be far easier in the past when we got told nothing, turned up to find out who was playing for us that week, got to drink the choice of Tizer or 7Up (tea or Bovril for the Ladies or Infirm), then piss in a trough.

I think this place has got a bit beyond a parody of itself this week with rumour and conspiracy/conjecture.

We can’t even do shit-or-bust with £3MILLION QUID without complaining and sniping about it.

So all this nonsense about the difference between £750k/a £Million of SOMEBODY ELSE’S MONEY is a bit silly (IN MY OPINION) and yet the biggest announcement this week has been barely mentioned- that we’ve now got YET ANOTHER Scummer on the WFC Honours Board (even if well-deserved by the big man it’s a DISGRACE TO THE CLUB).
This message brought to you through the POWER OF FACT.

wokingcardinal
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by wokingcardinal » Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:21 pm

Growler wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:13 pm
It just isn’t good enough is it?!?!?!?

It used to be far easier in the past when we got told nothing, turned up to find out who was playing for us that week, got to drink the choice of Tizer or 7Up (tea or Bovril for the Ladies or Infirm), then piss in a trough.

I think this place has got a bit beyond a parody of itself this week with rumour and conspiracy/conjecture.

We can’t even do shit-or-bust with £3MILLION QUID without complaining and sniping about it.

So all this nonsense about the difference between £750k/a £Million of SOMEBODY ELSE’S MONEY is a bit silly (IN MY OPINION) and yet the biggest announcement this week has been barely mentioned- that we’ve now got YET ANOTHER Scummer on the WFC Honours Board (even if well-deserved by the big man it’s a DISGRACE TO THE CLUB).
Now we don't have a trough to piss in.....

samf679
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:30 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by samf679 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:42 am

I was really concerned that id be quite board over the summer without going to the football

must say, this thread has helped immensley

wonderful levels of head loss all over the place

Carded
Posts: 852
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:24 pm
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Carded » Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:38 pm

Where’s the club interview with Volpe?

And has anyone heard from the new CEO yet?
Wise men say...

wokingcardinal
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by wokingcardinal » Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:06 pm

Carded wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:38 pm
Where’s the club interview with Volpe?

And has anyone heard from the new CEO yet?
I was told it was going up today (although I doubt that now) I am not sure who puts the stuff on website?

Kingfield Ender
Posts: 8450
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 am
Has thanked: 442 times
Been thanked: 375 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Kingfield Ender » Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:27 pm

The silence is deafening
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Stjohn
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:54 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Stjohn » Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:05 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:27 pm
The silence is deafening
I’m guessing it will be early this week ahead now before anything comes out. Hopefully there’s some positive news 🤞

wokingcardinal
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by wokingcardinal » Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:28 pm

Stjohn wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:05 pm
Kingfield Ender wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:27 pm
The silence is deafening
I’m guessing it will be early this week ahead now before anything comes out. Hopefully there’s some positive news 🤞
The interview was done last week and is ready to go, not sure who does the social media stuff, so not sure why delay.

Cardinal96
Posts: 1128
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:01 pm
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Cardinal96 » Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:53 pm

In this case no news feels like bad news...

wokingcardinal
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by wokingcardinal » Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:07 pm

Cardinal96 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:53 pm
In this case no news feels like bad news...
Why? The only news is that he is seeking investors but we all knew that anyway, so not really sure what's changed.

Drew Volpe
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:05 am
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Drew Volpe » Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:30 am

Be careful what you say. I'm a man of my word. I am going to make a very public statement since it seems you all think John was a hero when it was me financing everything and I have 600K on the way to save it for a fourth year. Just everyone stop gossiping. Touch grass and when you feel the need to address anything I'm here. That being said, you know for the 7th time where to contact me [email protected] +16507732706. Just stop being trolls, if you have an issue say it to me, made a lot of friends that way since the "rumors" are so wrong it makes me want to use that money somewhere where people won't complain. Seriously, I don't take anyone here for their word since you hide behind a keyboard. Unless you contact me directly you're talking to yourself. I've made lifelong friends from Missouri to Horsell by people just being themselves and asking me things. This club would have been in administration 4 years ago If I hadn't put my life savings into fixing it. I now have people I can trust and the fun will start.

Again that's [email protected] +16507732706. This club is my life and I'm looking forward to the future. If you want to be an asshole email or call me too.

Cardbattery
Posts: 446
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 7:52 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Cardbattery » Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:46 am

Drew Volpe wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:30 am
Be careful what you say. I'm a man of my word. I am going to make a very public statement since it seems you all think John was a hero when it was me financing everything and I have 600K on the way to save it for a fourth year. Just everyone stop gossiping. Touch grass and when you feel the need to address anything I'm here. That being said, you know for the 7th time where to contact me [email protected] +16507732706. Just stop being trolls, if you have an issue say it to me, made a lot of friends that way since the "rumors" are so wrong it makes me want to use that money somewhere where people won't complain. Seriously, I don't take anyone here for their word since you hide behind a keyboard. Unless you contact me directly you're talking to yourself. I've made lifelong friends from Missouri to Horsell by people just being themselves and asking me things. This club would have been in administration 4 years ago If I hadn't put my life savings into fixing it. I now have people I can trust and the fun will start.

Again that's [email protected] +16507732706. This club is my life and I'm looking forward to the future. If you want to be an asshole email or call me too.

This is such a small snapshot of the club support, probably about 100 people use this forum compared to our 2000+ home support who all back you, ignore the haters, a small % always find something to whinge about

Adrian
Posts: 3627
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 820 times
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: Lucrative business opportunity

Post by Adrian » Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:43 am

Drew Volpe wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:30 am
Be careful what you say. I'm a man of my word. I am going to make a very public statement since it seems you all think John was a hero when it was me financing everything and I have 600K on the way to save it for a fourth year. Just everyone stop gossiping. Touch grass and when you feel the need to address anything I'm here. That being said, you know for the 7th time where to contact me [email protected] +16507732706. Just stop being trolls, if you have an issue say it to me, made a lot of friends that way since the "rumors" are so wrong it makes me want to use that money somewhere where people won't complain. Seriously, I don't take anyone here for their word since you hide behind a keyboard. Unless you contact me directly you're talking to yourself. I've made lifelong friends from Missouri to Horsell by people just being themselves and asking me things. This club would have been in administration 4 years ago If I hadn't put my life savings into fixing it. I now have people I can trust and the fun will start.

Again that's [email protected] +16507732706. This club is my life and I'm looking forward to the future. If you want to be an asshole email or call me too.

“lifelong friends from Missouri to Horsell”

A phrase that wins Cardsboard for the foreseeable future.

See you in August mate.
Looking forward to see everyone again at Kingfield, soon.
Some interesting conversations will be had.


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adrian, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], JonnieG21, Mick and 74 guests

Cardboard

Cardsboard.co.uk is not an official message board of Woking Football Club or The Cards Trust, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Please be warned that some posts will contain swear words.

Vanarama National League Club Forums: Aldershot Town | Altrincham | Barnet | Bromley | Chesterfield | Dagenham & Redbridge | Eastleigh | Ebbsfleet United | FC Halifax Town | Gateshead | Hartlepool United | Kidderminster Harriers | Maidenhead United | Oldham Athletic | Oxford City | Rochdale | Solihull Moors | Southend United | Wealdstone | York City

Unofficial League Forums: The Conference Forum

Other Links: Cards Trust - Boost the Budget | wokingfc.co.uk | Surrey Advertiser | Woking News and Mail | BBC Sport - Woking | BBC Football Commentaries