Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

danielosulli
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:03 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by danielosulli » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:47 pm

Hi Cardsboard, Daniel from the media team here.

Firstly, thanks for the support on the content so far this summer - we hope you can see the changes (big and little!) we've made to our output ahead of the new season. Especially glad the behind the scenes episode was so well received!

It goes without saying but it's our job to make you, as supporters, feel more connected to the Club.

We're seeking feedback on the content we produce - highlights, interviews, other video content, social content, written pieces, the website, etc.

Please let us know the output you like and want more of, constructive criticisms you may have, adjustments and edits you may want, and any content ideas you may have for us to take on for 2022/23.

We're always open to suggestions - looking forward to hearing your feedback. Thanks!
Club Media Officer - media@wokingfc.co.uk @danielosulli

CardsWFC
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:19 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by CardsWFC » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:00 pm

Hi Dan,

I have noticed the recent increase in the quantity and quality of the content. Loving the amount of input on all social media platforms it’s been really good. I loved the training video thought it was quality. I would like to see some more interviews from Darren and Ian aswell as some more player interviews not just when they sign. Keep up the good work!

WFC96
Posts: 850
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:52 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by WFC96 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:12 pm

As much as I enjoyed David’s interviews previously I do think that the new interview style ties in with the way the club is moving towards. Shorter and more professionally edited. Really enjoying them!

Agreed on more interviews with Darren and Ian. I did like the way that videos were shared at the end of last season with answers to singular questions drip thread throughout a couple of days

Kingfield Ender
Posts: 7104
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 am
Has thanked: 434 times
Been thanked: 366 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by Kingfield Ender » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:28 pm

Don't let things get hidden away on youtube, post them on here too
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

kansasCard
Posts: 4078
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:38 pm
Location: Overland Park. Kansas
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 193 times
Contact:

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by kansasCard » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:29 pm

Loving the extra connection to the club - especially as I don't get to see many games. More player interviews and more from Darren and Ian without going all 'Friday Catchup'

Most likely outside of the capabilities of the Media team - but Live streaming access / package would be the mutts. Failing that - would especially like to see longer highlight packages - the longest allowed under under whatever kind of restrictions are imposed by BT or whomever.
Toto, I have a feeling we're in Kansas....

GladToBeHere
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by GladToBeHere » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:48 pm

Hi,
Would the new digital scoreboard or maybe even the TV’s in the clubhouse or maybe even over Tannoys at half time be able to play dedicated content..?
Thinking this could be made up of simple trivia type questions answered by groups of players or management…
Sounds abit American, as that’s typical of what they do in shorter more frequent breaks in plays that occur.
Just a thought.

CardsWFC
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:19 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by CardsWFC » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:54 pm

GladToBeHere wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:48 pm
Hi,
Would the new digital scoreboard or maybe even the TV’s in the clubhouse or maybe even over Tannoys at half time be able to play dedicated content..?
Thinking this could be made up of simple trivia type questions answered by groups of players or management…
Sounds abit American, as that’s typical of what they do in shorter more frequent breaks in plays that occur.
Just a thought.
Great idea, went to a few West Ham games last season and they do a half time quiz and a “tweet that goal” where they take a past goal from seasons before and blur the player out and if you tweet it and get it right you win a shirt or something, this is probably far to advanced for the scoreboard but a trivia type quiz would be good

FaitAccompli
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:38 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by FaitAccompli » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:11 pm

All I can say is what you guys do is consistently superb. If I had to say anything it would be regarding the audio levels as Ben mentioned on Twitter. Got any radio mics up your sleeves? XD Once again keep doing what you're doing, looking forward to the new season's content. COYC.

Meerkat
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:14 pm
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by Meerkat » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:49 am

I would quite like little clips on the players page, with them just saying who they are, where they play, where they are from and anything else about themselves they want. Just to get a quick idea of what they are like, and so we know how they pronounce their name!
Do it at a team event and it could get lively, maybe a cut up version of the hit the crossbar challenge they used to do on Soccer Saturday.

Overall its great stuff. Thank you

PS Not going to get what I would really love - which is post match interviews the same as how they tell their mates! "Crap cross from Case, but did you see my first touch?! Then I spun and popped in the top corner, no keeper was getting that. oh yeah, result most important, three points, team did well blah blah"

Byfleet Village Card
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:25 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by Byfleet Village Card » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:51 am

I think quite a good thing you often see is some sort of video 'team mates' feature, where two team mates ask and answer questions about one another and try and get the answer correct, to find out how much they know about each other. These have sometimes been quite amusing.

SussexSeasider
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:53 am
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by SussexSeasider » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:57 am

Love the way you are heading with media. Interviews really good, keep going with those! We look so professional now how we deal with interviews and new players and behind the scenes stuff. Someone I work with, not a Woking supporter obviously (down here in Chichester) supports the team with the chicken on a beachball badge, you know the one, well he keeps an eye on everything posted and is always commenting on what we do, you know, being 'non league'... he's very impressed.

Chobham Card
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:53 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by Chobham Card » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:13 pm

Think a crossbar challenge, 00s Soccer AM style, would be loads of fun. They do a great segment on recreating famous goals as well.

lawsonhrj
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:20 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by lawsonhrj » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:20 pm

Keep promoting ticket details for supporters as it no doubt helps to bump sales!

Kanu's Nan
Posts: 3362
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:24 am
Has thanked: 263 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by Kanu's Nan » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:47 pm

Mean Tweets would be great.
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

jezb78
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:30 pm
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by jezb78 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:36 pm

I would like to see the team travelling to away games/hotel the night before I think this would be great i.e. if we stay over on a Friday night we can follow the team on there travels form boarding the bus at the ground then that thing where the road speeds up on the journey to arriving at the hotel having a meal all bonding together to getting to the ground the following day to warm up to end result then back home. I know you guys go to the away games but not sure if you travel on the day or not? There would probably only be 8 or 9 times to stay over night throughout the season so maybe 1 or 2 times would be graet

kansasCard
Posts: 4078
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:38 pm
Location: Overland Park. Kansas
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 193 times
Contact:

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by kansasCard » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:42 pm

'Live" 1st team photos on the official club website.
Like Harry Potter....
Toto, I have a feeling we're in Kansas....

danielosulli
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:03 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by danielosulli » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:33 pm

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions!

I've thanked most of the replies and I'll quote reply some here. Feel free to add more on this thread, or reach out to me on Twitter (danielosulli) whenever - always open to points where we can improve!
CardsWFC wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:00 pm
I would like to see some more interviews from Darren and Ian aswell as some more player interviews not just when they sign. Keep up the good work!
These are in the pipeline for the summer and season beyond.
kansasCard wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:29 pm
Most likely outside of the capabilities of the Media team - but Live streaming access / package would be the mutts. Failing that - would especially like to see longer highlight packages - the longest allowed under under whatever kind of restrictions are imposed by BT or whomever.
Currently, clubs aren't allowed to stream without special dispensation I believe (York and Dorking's play-offs in 2021/22 were streamed for good reason) - hopefully this changes at some point, though.

Glad to say that we will be producing at least two highlight packages per home game in 2022/23:

- a longer package with more replays and coverage of the game's 'smaller' moments
- a shorter package for fans who may just want to see the goals and key moments
Byfleet Village Card wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:51 am
I think quite a good thing you often see is some sort of video 'team mates' feature, where two team mates ask and answer questions about one another and try and get the answer correct, to find out how much they know about each other. These have sometimes been quite amusing.
Chobham Card wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:13 pm
Think a crossbar challenge, 00s Soccer AM style, would be loads of fun. They do a great segment on recreating famous goals as well.
These are great content - we'll definitely produce more like this in 2022/23!
Club Media Officer - media@wokingfc.co.uk @danielosulli

jonwoozley
Posts: 1633
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:09 am
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by jonwoozley » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:39 pm

danielosulli wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:47 pm
Hi Cardsboard, Daniel from the media team here.

Firstly, thanks for the support on the content so far this summer - we hope you can see the changes (big and little!) we've made to our output ahead of the new season. Especially glad the behind the scenes episode was so well received!

It goes without saying but it's our job to make you, as supporters, feel more connected to the Club.

We're seeking feedback on the content we produce - highlights, interviews, other video content, social content, written pieces, the website, etc.

Please let us know the output you like and want more of, constructive criticisms you may have, adjustments and edits you may want, and any content ideas you may have for us to take on for 2022/23.

We're always open to suggestions - looking forward to hearing your feedback. Thanks!
It's all been a little underwhelming so far, it would be good to hear from the manager on how he thinks the squad is progressing or gelling.
Dual meditates,
Multa pecunia.

Cardinals Rule
Posts: 905
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 5:16 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by Cardinals Rule » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:26 pm

jonwoozley wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:39 pm
danielosulli wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:47 pm
Hi Cardsboard, Daniel from the media team here.

Firstly, thanks for the support on the content so far this summer - we hope you can see the changes (big and little!) we've made to our output ahead of the new season. Especially glad the behind the scenes episode was so well received!

It goes without saying but it's our job to make you, as supporters, feel more connected to the Club.

We're seeking feedback on the content we produce - highlights, interviews, other video content, social content, written pieces, the website, etc.

Please let us know the output you like and want more of, constructive criticisms you may have, adjustments and edits you may want, and any content ideas you may have for us to take on for 2022/23.

We're always open to suggestions - looking forward to hearing your feedback. Thanks!
It's all been a little underwhelming so far, it would be good to hear from the manager on how he thinks the squad is progressing or gelling.
Perhaps he is waiting until he can be a bit positive, as I should think he was not too impressed with the last two games. Perhaps we’ll sneak a win at Stratford Town?

Kingfield Ender
Posts: 7104
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 am
Has thanked: 434 times
Been thanked: 366 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by Kingfield Ender » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:29 pm

Do we need manager updates as often as we've had them before ?. We all got pretty bored of the same thing from Dowson week after week. I'm happy with the post match interviews and player interviews, the player interviews have been very good
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

alas Tom Jones
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:35 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by alas Tom Jones » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:47 pm

Can goal scorers and times be shown on the big screen?

pooh
Posts: 335
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:50 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by pooh » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:26 am

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:28 pm
Don't let things get hidden away on youtube, post them on here too
I echo this sentiment. Can anything that is put onto other media outlets also appear on here with links so old sods like me can get all the latest info and videos without having to search around for all the latest?

GlenH
Posts: 1842
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:57 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by GlenH » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:03 am

pooh wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:26 am
Kingfield Ender wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:28 pm
Don't let things get hidden away on youtube, post them on here too
I echo this sentiment. Can anything that is put onto other media outlets also appear on here with links so old sods like me can get all the latest info and videos without having to search around for all the latest?
The media team are pretty rapid with producing content, but I do my best to keep the club website up to date with all their content: https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/video/

Igor
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:40 pm
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by Igor » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:06 pm

Any chance of an update from Darren at some point? ;o)

Ian B
Posts: 490
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Media Output Suggestions and Feedback

Post by Ian B » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:50 pm

For the more anoraky fans, could the stats pages also list Woking's historical top scorers and Woking career goal totals as well as the current season?


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Cardboard

Cardsboard.co.uk is not an official message board of Woking Football Club or The Cards Trust, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Please be warned that some posts will contain swear words.

Vanarama National League Club Forums: Aldershot Town | Altrincham | Barnet | Bromley | Chesterfield | Dagenham & Redbridge | Eastleigh | FC Halifax Town | Gateshead | Maidenhead United | Maidstone United | Notts County | Oldham Athletic | Scunthorpe United | Solihull Moors | Southend United | Torquay United | Wealdstone | Wrexham | York City

Unofficial League Forums: The Conference Forum

Other Links: Cards Trust - Boost the Budget | wokingfc.co.uk | Surrey Advertiser | Woking News and Mail | BBC Sport - Woking | BBC Football Commentaries