Top Half 5
Bottom Half 2

AFC Fylde
Average 14.9
Playoff 1
Top Half 3
Bottom Half 4

Notes

- I didn't include Eastleigh because I think they'll be fine and I didn't include Dagenham because I couldn't be arsed.
- York have the hardest run in and may have NORSED it up by only getting 2 points from their recent games against Dorking, Dagenham, Wealdstone, Fylde and Kiddy. Their next three matches are against Aldershot, Bromley and Chesterfield.
- Dorking's next 5 (FIVE) matches are all against teams currently in the playoffs.
- Fylde and Wealdstone are the only ones who still have to play Oxford City.
- It may be a good thing to play a team guaranteed to be in 4th - 7th on the final day as they will have a playoff game a few days later and will likely rest players. This is only realistically possible for York (they have Solihull) and Wealdstone (they have Oldham).

wokingcardinal

Re: Updated run ins

Post by wokingcardinal » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:56 pm

Red and White Army wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:20 pm
Average position of teams left to play
No. of playoff teams left
No. of top half teams left
No. of bottom half teams left

York City
Average 7.7
Playoff 4
Top Half 5
Bottom Half 2

Dorking Wanderers
Average 8.0
Playoff 5
Top Half 7
Bottom Half 1

Kidderminster Harriers

Average 8.1
Playoff 4
Top Half 5
Bottom Half 2

Wealdstone
Average 13.1
Playoff 3
Top Half 5
Bottom Half 6

Ebbfsleet
Average 10.1
Playoff 3
Top Half 5
Bottom Half 3

Boreham Wood
Average 10.8
Playoff 3
Top Half 5
Bottom Half 3

Woking
Average 11.4
Playoff 2
Top Half 3
Bottom Half 4

Maidenhead United
Average 7.6
Playoff 4
Top Half 5
Bottom Half 2

AFC Fylde
Average 14.9
Playoff 1
Top Half 3
Bottom Half 4

Notes

- I didn't include Eastleigh because I think they'll be fine and I didn't include Dagenham because I couldn't be arsed.
- York have the hardest run in and may have NORSED it up by only getting 2 points from their recent games against Dorking, Dagenham, Wealdstone, Fylde and Kiddy. Their next three matches are against Aldershot, Bromley and Chesterfield.
- Dorking's next 5 (FIVE) matches are all against teams currently in the playoffs.
- Fylde and Wealdstone are the only ones who still have to play Oxford City.
- It may be a good thing to play a team guaranteed to be in 4th - 7th on the final day as they will have a playoff game a few days later and will likely rest players. This is only realistically possible for York (they have Solihull) and Wealdstone (they have Oldham).
Its going to be tight, Dorking seem to be better against better teams (maybe) we need to try and knock off a couple of wins asap, but with our injuries will be tricky

Wokingcard

Post by Wokingcard » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:20 pm

Really interesting and nerve wracking. Thanks for putting it together

fatmaninthekitchen

Post by fatmaninthekitchen » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:30 pm

you are 100 % correct about the teams likely to finish 4th -7th - the longer they take to secure their spot the better for us (unless they are due to play us) , as once secured , as you say, they ain't gonna be bothered about fielding their full strength side , or if some do, they won't be trying too hard, as playing anyone in that group in a play off is much of a muchness.

Calluna Card

Post by Calluna Card » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:26 pm

I would hope that we go into our last two games, York A and Fylde H, well clear of the woods. Maidenhead and Wealdstone -I think- are the likeliest to drop in but we'll see. Kiddy could be in big trouble after the Easter double.

Still too many variables for me but I fancy our chances a helluva lot more than I did after Wealdstone H.

Cardinals Rule

Post by Cardinals Rule » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:45 pm

I really can't see Dorking Wanderers getting many more points. I don't think they're currently quite good enough for this division.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:48 pm

Calluna Card wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:26 pm
I would hope that we go into our last two games, York A and Fylde H, well clear of the woods. Maidenhead and Wealdstone -I think- are the likeliest to drop in but we'll see. Kiddy could be in big trouble after the Easter double.

Still too many variables for me but I fancy our chances a helluva lot more than I did after Wealdstone H.
Our goal difference (-8) could help us in that regard. When compared to York (-18) and Dorking (-20), it basically gives us an extra point on them. I think those two will drop but Wealdstone will be OK getting 7 points from their remaining 12 matches.

Kingfield Roader

Post by Kingfield Roader » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:22 am

Relevant games today and what we want:

Fylde v Wealdstone (Draw)
Boreham Wood v Altrincham (Alty win)
Bromley v Kiddy (Bromley win)
Dagenham v Maidenhead (Draw)
Dorking v Solihull (Solihull win)
Ebbsfleet v Gateshead (Gateshead win)
York v Aldershot (Aldershot win 🤮)

I guess it's the nature of how tight it is that everyone is playing each other/one of the playoff contenders but still - Dorking, Kiddy and York having 3rd/4th/5th (and 2 of those away) means that it shouldn't be dire even if we don't get a result today

devereux5000

Post by devereux5000 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:39 pm

Kingfield Roader wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:22 am

I guess it's the nature of how tight it is that everyone is playing each other/one of the playoff contenders but still - Dorking, Kiddy and York having 3rd/4th/5th (and 2 of those away) means that it shouldn't be dire even if we don't get a result today
This is a useful guide, thank you.

devereux5000

Post by devereux5000 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:08 pm

Also wouldn't be too bad if Hartlepool lost, they could get sucked in conceivably.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:22 pm

Kingfield Roader wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:22 am

Only one of the above happened (Alty win).

It’s such a weird league this season.

VoiceOfTreason

Post by VoiceOfTreason » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:15 am

A welcome upturn in results and energy within the team, well overdue and a huge amount of respect to those players whose morale must have been lower than Donald Trumps morals. There is now some pride within the team and a change in attitiude most likely due to those new players coming in and actually wanting to play football and show they can play rather than take a wage for little return.

I think a few fans also owe Doyle an apology over dismissing him for having no idea just a few games ago. He knows he is not the end product which is why he is cutting his teeth on management at this level, the difference is he is learning fast and adapting which bodes well for the future.

Looking at our remaining fixtures now with some renewed optimism and despite having injury issues we now have a deeper squad of players willing to put in some performances I think we are in a good place. Apart for Bromley the remaining fixtures are all against teams currentrly within 4 pints of us to they really are all cup finals but equally all winnable. Fingers crossed we can survive with a few games to spare and start to think of next season but there are a lot of other fixtures which can help around the league as there are so many teams still in reach of the drop zone. Personally I would love it, love it (K Keegan) if we got a positive result at Bromely as they have weed on our bonfire enough over the years. Ironically we are the form team in the league right now !!

jonwoozley

Post by jonwoozley » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:20 pm
York City
They will go to the wire.

Dorking Wanderers
Toast

Kidderminster Harriers

The bounce has deflated but are playing teams at a good time as they prepare for playoffs.

Wealdstone
Will get enough points before imploding in April with so many games.

b]Ebbsfleet[/b]
Good enough to stay safe.

Boreham Wood
Bang in trouble, we owe the league an apology for potentially keeping them up.

Woking
Have enough about them now to be safe.

Maidenhead United
Massively in trouble.

AFC Fylde
Should get enough points to stay up.

Eastleigh
Not safe yet.
Probably 4 teams fighting to avoid remaining 2 places.

York
Maidenhead
Kiddy
Boreham Wood
Dorking
Oxford
I have another 7 three year plans in me if I'm lucky.

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:57 pm

VoiceOfTreason wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:15 am
A welcome upturn in results and energy within the team, well overdue and a huge amount of respect to those players whose morale must have been lower than Donald Trumps morals. There is now some pride within the team and a change in attitiude most likely due to those new players coming in and actually wanting to play football and show they can play rather than take a wage for little return.

I think a few fans also owe Doyle an apology over dismissing him for having no idea just a few games ago. He knows he is not the end product which is why he is cutting his teeth on management at this level, the difference is he is learning fast and adapting which bodes well for the future.

Looking at our remaining fixtures now with some renewed optimism and despite having injury issues we now have a deeper squad of players willing to put in some performances I think we are in a good place. Apart for Bromley the remaining fixtures are all against teams currentrly within 4 pints of us to they really are all cup finals but equally all winnable. Fingers crossed we can survive with a few games to spare and start to think of next season but there are a lot of other fixtures which can help around the league as there are so many teams still in reach of the drop zone. Personally I would love it, love it (K Keegan) if we got a positive result at Bromely as they have weed on our bonfire enough over the years. Ironically we are the form team in the league right now !!
Who are you and what have you done with VoiceOfTreason ? Ignore that question. You can stay 👍
Overland Park KC.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:51 am

Updated after the weekend:

Woking
Average 13.5
Playoff 1
Top Half 3
Bottom Half 3

Ebbfsleet
Average 11.1
Playoff 2
Top Half 5
Bottom Half 2

AFC Fylde
Average 13.4
Playoff 1
Top Half 3
Bottom Half 4

Eastleigh
Average 14.5
Playoff 1
Top Half 2
Bottom Half 6

Maidenhead United
Average 7.3
Playoff 4
Top Half 5
Bottom Half 1

Boreham Wood
Average 10.0
Playoff 2
Top Half 5
Bottom Half 2

York City
Average 8.2
Playoff 3
Top Half 4
Bottom Half 2

Kidderminster Harriers
Average 8.7
Playoff 3
Top Half 4
Bottom Half 2

Dorking Wanderers
Average 8.0
Playoff 4
Top Half 5
Bottom Half 2

- Current PPG indicates 51 points would be enough to stay up.
- Boreham Wood getting relegated would easily be the funniest of all.
- BWood (A), Kiddy (A), Maidenhead (A) and York (H) all still have to play Chesterfield.

JAM

Post by JAM » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:31 am

BW would be in heaps of trouble had we not gifted them 6 points

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:47 am

Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:51 am
Updated after the weekend:

Woking
Average 13.5
Playoff 1
Top Half 3
Bottom Half 3

Ebbfsleet
Average 11.1
Playoff 2
Top Half 5
Bottom Half 2

AFC Fylde
Average 13.4
Playoff 1
Top Half 3
Bottom Half 4

Eastleigh
Average 14.5
Playoff 1
Top Half 2
Bottom Half 6

Maidenhead United
Average 7.3
Playoff 4
Top Half 5
Bottom Half 1

Boreham Wood
Average 10.0
Playoff 2
Top Half 5
Bottom Half 2

York City
Average 8.2
Playoff 3
Top Half 4
Bottom Half 2

Kidderminster Harriers
Average 8.7
Playoff 3
Top Half 4
Bottom Half 2

Dorking Wanderers
Average 8.0
Playoff 4
Top Half 5
Bottom Half 2

- Current PPG indicates 51 points would be enough to stay up.
- Boreham Wood getting relegated would easily be the funniest of all.
- BWood (A), Kiddy (A), Maidenhead (A) and York (H) all still have to play Chesterfield.
I think Chesterfield will hand out some easy points now they are basically up!

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:50 am

Just looked at the form table to see we're 3rd over the last 6 games - only Halifax and Ebbsfleet have taken more points than us.

York, Dorking, Maidenhead, Boreham Wood occupy 23rd through 20th for form, all of whom have lost 4 or more of their last 6. Kiddy a midtable side on in the form table, but need to play Chesterfield (top), Barnet (2nd), and Halifax (2nd in the form table).

Really ready for this game in hand almost everyone seems to have to be used up now. We're so close.

JAM

Post by JAM » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:06 pm

looking at the table, Oxford could be confirmed relegated at the weekend.

looking at the fixtures, it looks like Wealdstone are playing Saturday, Tuesday, 2 games over Easter, Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday. Thats alot of games in a short space of time.

as for the games in hand, 1 of Eastleighs is Tuesday at Barnet and the other isnt until the last Tuesday of the season, when they play Wealdstone.
all the others seem to be on Tuesday 9th April, and we will hopefully be safe by then

Borninwoking

Post by Borninwoking » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:18 pm

VoiceOfTreason wrote:
This is spot on.
It'll be interesting to see if there is an ounce of humility from the 'knee-jerkers' and those who, sadly, will always suffer from 'premature relegation', and have the backbone to admit they misjudged MD. Some of those that were calling for his head a few weeks ago, saying it was because he had no managerial experience, seem to have, surprisingly, undergone an almost 180 degree conversion recently. Like Stalin airbrushing Trotsky, they will possibly attempt to expunge their posts on here, or now start to massively caveat their 'knee-jerk' utterances of the past. Yes, they'll offer up the normal drivel about Ebbsfleet being catastrophic and that it magically galvanised MD, (who they had you believe was clearly useless - and to further endorse it hadn't made us play-off contenders in his 8 weeks at the club) but it was evident that he'd taken on a massive job and wasn't going to immediately be able to make a noticeable positive impact.
Anyone care to start?

Cardelia

Post by Cardelia » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:46 pm

Borninwoking wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:18 pm
VoiceOfTreason wrote:
This is spot on.
It'll be interesting to see if there is an ounce of humility from the 'knee-jerkers' and those who, sadly, will always suffer from 'premature relegation', and have the backbone to admit they misjudged MD. Some of those that were calling for his head a few weeks ago, saying it was because he had no managerial experience, seem to have, surprisingly, undergone an almost 180 degree conversion recently. Like Stalin airbrushing Trotsky, they will possibly attempt to expunge their posts on here, or now start to massively caveat their 'knee-jerk' utterances of the past. Yes, they'll offer up the normal drivel about Ebbsfleet being catastrophic and that it magically galvanised MD, (who they had you believe was clearly useless - and to further endorse it hadn't made us play-off contenders in his 8 weeks at the club) but it was evident that he'd taken on a massive job and wasn't going to immediately be able to make a noticeable positive impact.
Anyone care to start?
In fairness to the knee-jerkers (and I wouldn't put myself in that category), MD spent his first 10ish games playing tactics and a formation which clearly didn't suit our players and clearly wasn't working. He was insistent on playing out from the back, academy-style, with only 1 up top and it just wasn't right for us. I thought a lot of the fans' frustration was caused by his stubbornness and refusal to change a system that wasn't working, and it's difficult to say that stubbornness wasn't caused by inexperience.

The penny seemed to drop against Wealdstone when we played garbage for 70 minutes, but then put two up top when chasing the game and almost nicked all three points. Since then, our formation, tactics, and performances have been unrecognisable compared to Jan/Feb and the players now seem to know what they're doing. Clearly something has changed within the management team as we're doing something different on the pitch, which is basically what the fans wanted to see after the Ebbsfleet game. So is it the case that fans need to have a bit of humility, or have the knee-jerkers actually been proved right because the management have changed their approach and we're now two wins from safety?

JAM

Post by JAM » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:55 pm

also not a knee-jerker. though will admit that after Ebbsfleet i couldnt see us getting out of it.

Whilst I agree with alot of what Cardelia says, in that run of games before Wealdstone, we drew at PO contenders Shots, won at PO chasing Oldham and could have got something at League winners Chesterfield.
I would also say that he changed to it 2 up top the game before Wealdstone, at Ebbsfleet, and whilst we stank the place out for 75 minutes, we could and possibly should have got something from that game as well in the end

however, the change to 2 up top has certainly helped, although we are running out of fit strikers to play that formation. I make it that Browne, RGC, Korboa, Lewis and Walker were all unavailable players on Saturday that could have performed that role. Hopefully the week off will give at least 1 of them the chance to be fit for Southend

Calluna Card

Post by Calluna Card » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:30 pm

Borninwoking wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:18 pm

So is it the case that fans need to have a bit of humility, or have the knee-jerkers actually been proved right because the management have changed their approach and we're now two wins from safety?
My view on MD, from the beginning, has been that the only criteria by which he can and should be judged is whether or not he keeps us up. After Wealdstone at home, I thought we'd run out of road...I just didn't see enough on that pitch to reassure me that we'd go on and get the wins we have done. While I'm extremely grateful we have and utterly delighted that the team seems to have discovered itself in recent weeks, it's worth pointing out that we're not safe yet. I think we will be, with change, for what it's worth.

Find it a bit weird when fans of any club call for others to apologise to managers or players (or whoever) when they've got the benefit of hindsight.
Will the MD fan club apologise to everybody in the (now much less likely) event he takes us down? I don't see what it achieves.

COYC.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:32 pm

Manager/players criticised when shit and praised when doing well. Shock.

tmb

Post by tmb » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:34 pm

Interesting thanks..but I can't see any logic in excluding Eastleigh...they are completely in the relegation dog fight?