Luke Garrard's final interview at BW

moorsie

Luke Garrard's final interview at BW

Post by moorsie » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:39 am

Adrian

Re: Luke Garrard's final interview at BW

Post by Adrian » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:06 pm

One of the game’s nice guys.
Looking forward to see everyone again at Kingfield, soon.
Some interesting conversations will be had.

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:44 pm

Boreham Wood's season just shows how tough this division is. Clearly a very healthy budget, strong experienced squad, very good and popular manager, and they still went down.

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:48 pm

Lurker wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:44 pm
Boreham Wood's season just shows how tough this division is. Clearly a very healthy budget, strong experienced squad, very good and popular manager, and they still went down.
On 52 points!

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:55 pm

Would we want any of their squad? Preferably ones who can play more than about a dozen games without breaking down.

Edit - Is Chris Bush there? A back three of him, Cuthbert and Timi would be immense.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Growler

Post by Growler » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:10 pm

To win this league you need a top frontman or two. If we could find a space for a fully fit Tshimanga and/or Ndlovu then that would be quite a thing.
This message brought to you through the POWER OF FACT.

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:54 pm

Nonsense Potter wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:55 pm
Would we want any of their squad? Preferably ones who can play more than about a dozen games without breaking down.

Edit - Is Chris Bush there? A back three of him, Cuthbert and Timi would be immense.
Ashmore and Ndlovu are the two standouts IMO, though there are a lot of good keepers about, and it depends what sort of keeper you want. There are some incredibly talented ball-playing keepers that might add a new dimension to Doylerball if we want to go that way, and who would give several locals a heart attack - they're far too close to Will.

Bush is still there, but contracted til 2025 - we'd be paying a fee for a 32 year old.

I've been jealous of Jamal Fyfield for years, but he's turning 35 - Cuthbert has that slot locked. Tshimanga goes back to Peterborough and his contract length doesn't seem to be recorded anywhere, but I assume he has to go into League Two and play regularly if Peterborough want to get anything for him now. Sousa has most of their G/A, but I don't know anything about him.

Currycard

Post by Currycard » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:12 pm

I wonder if Lord Ricketts will get the BW job as seems like a good fit.

Old Woking United

Post by Old Woking United » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:12 pm

Would they be mad enough to give it to Dowse?, possibly Sarll though who I presume couldn't take a team till seasons end?. Snarls a possibility surely. Definitely not Dowse and been amazed that certain posters seem to think he should get an ambassadoral role cos he's mates with Boz. Err he's a Gateshead fan(Martin Tyler if anyone)who has nowt to do with Woking FC or our history bar what he's reminded us of.!. Personally I think we bungled our way to promotion thanks to Amarni (who couldn't wait to escape to the mighty Torquay!!)and played awful football just to prove(I won't deal with agents)his rank amateurism in the job. I liken him to Southgate who imo epicly failed our home euros from 1up at Wembley against a shite itie side. Bit much to call Southgate out as Dowse but u get my drift. Right off to crawl back under my rock. One last thing what a shame for our near neighbors to miss out on playoffs what with no Stokes/Swizz for next season 👍still there's always Ghandy and we got a prospect for sale if interested.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:38 pm

Old Woking United wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:12 pm
Would they be mad enough to give it to Dowse?, possibly Sarll though who I presume couldn't take a team till seasons end?. Snarls a possibility surely. Definitely not Dowse and been amazed that certain posters seem to think he should get an ambassadoral role cos he's mates with Boz. Err he's a Gateshead fan(Martin Tyler if anyone)who has nowt to do with Woking FC or our history bar what he's reminded us of.!. Personally I think we bungled our way to promotion thanks to Amarni (who couldn't wait to escape to the mighty Torquay!!)and played awful football just to prove(I won't deal with agents)his rank amateurism in the job. I liken him to Southgate who imo epicly failed our home euros from 1up at Wembley against a shite itie side. Bit much to call Southgate out as Dowse but u get my drift. Right off to crawl back under my rock. One last thing what a shame for our near neighbors to miss out on playoffs what with no Stokes/Swizz for next season 👍still there's always Ghandy and we got a prospect for sale if interested.
What on earth are you on about?

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:18 pm

Chobham Card wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:54 pm
Nonsense Potter wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:55 pm

Ashmore and Ndlovu are the two standouts IMO, though there are a lot of good keepers about, and it depends what sort of keeper you want. There are some incredibly talented ball-playing keepers that might add a new dimension to Doylerball if we want to go that way, and who would give several locals a heart attack - they're far too close to Will.

Bush is still there, but contracted til 2025 - we'd be paying a fee for a 32 year old.

I've been jealous of Jamal Fyfield for years, but he's turning 35 - Cuthbert has that slot locked. Tshimanga goes back to Peterborough and his contract length doesn't seem to be recorded anywhere, but I assume he has to go into League Two and play regularly if Peterborough want to get anything for him now. Sousa has most of their G/A, but I don't know anything about him.
https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co. ... ined-list/

Ashmore and Bush both retained, Sousa leaves. That settles that then! (Robinson obviously returns to his parent Cards.)

oakie

Post by oakie » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:24 pm

Being retained doesn't mean they won't be allowed to leave before next season, especially if they are high earners or adamant they have no wish to play NLS

Bertie

Post by Bertie » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:47 pm

Unless Ashmore had a relegation clause in his contract he would be retained.

BW have always had a good stream of off-field income but I believe because of the increasing number of WSL matches at The Emirates rather than at Meadow Park, that BW's income from Arsenal will be decreasing which combined with lower gate receipts and sponsorship in NLS will mean that BW will almost certainly be open to offers (either a transfer fee or savings in salary or both) for players - Ashmore would be a great addition to the squad and as Adrian pointed out he worked with MD at Pompey, and a drive from Hampshire to Guildford is a lot more attractive than a drive from Hampshire and around the M25