Bromley & Chesterfield Postponed

Nick

Bromley & Chesterfield Postponed

Post by Nick » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:30 pm

wokingcardinal

Re: Bromley & Chesterfield Postponed

Post by wokingcardinal » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:31 pm

Jeez, this is going to happen a lot I fear.

neverlostatwembley3

Post by neverlostatwembley3 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:40 pm

Does the National League Covid Policy state that the games have to be postponed? I thought there was no need to postpone as long as long as there is no close contact (training and matches aren’t classes as close contact).

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:47 pm

I could understand if it was half a dozen players but for just 1 ?

Why have a squad if 1 player testing positive can cause all this ?
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Wokingcard

Post by Wokingcard » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:49 pm

Away game Travel on a coach to Wrexham would mean all are close contacts. Only those with a jab wouldn’t have to isolate if they had a negative test. All those without a jab have to isolate for 10 days no matter what

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:00 pm

Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:49 pm
Away game Travel on a coach to Wrexham would mean all are close contacts. Only those with a jab wouldn’t have to isolate if they had a negative test. All those without a jab have to isolate for 10 days no matter what
Surely everyone has had a both jabs now? Unless some chose not to have it...

Reading Card

Post by Reading Card » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:01 pm

1 player and we have to cancel ?! Someone explain this logic

The press release / website raises more questions than answers- needs to be explained much better

So is a large proportion of our squad unvaccinated as surely you could pcr test and be ok under the current guidelines ?

Given the current number of cases and the probability of that number increasing over the winter this is going to be a very disruptive season.

Wafflebutt

Post by Wafflebutt » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:10 pm

I'm going to suggest it's the national leagues covid rules that require the postponement. They "the team" are probably all vaccinated but 1 positive test and the "computer says no".

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:12 pm

Expensive for us, a tuesday night game at home to Chesterfield would certainly be much less of a crowd than we would have got this saturday
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

London_Card

Post by London_Card » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:18 pm

It's a league rule isnt it so not much choice. Got to 'protect' the opposition and implement some sort of spread stop otherwise you run the risk of things getting out of hand

Bertie

Post by Bertie » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:24 pm

Red and White Army wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:00 pm
Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:49 pm
Surely everyone has had a both jabs now? Unless some chose not to have it...
Apart from a handful of teenage players who would only be eligible for 1 jab, everyone else is eligible for 2 jabs, but there are lot of professional sportsmen / sportswomen who haven't, out of personal choice, had any jabs

Teeth

Post by Teeth » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:27 pm

I suppose there is a Positive!

The players can have a good rest and come back fighting, and the players who are injured Will have more of a chance to get fit.
But it's a B####R for us fans?
I'll have to do more housework 😭😭😭

Cardbattery

Post by Cardbattery » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:28 pm

This could start to really affect away followings in the winter especially as people avoid booking travel and accommodation in case a week before its cancelled. I still do not understand why all squad players cant just do a PCR test and if negative play? Seems beyond stupid to be that cautious taht a negative PCR is ignored

Wokingcard

Post by Wokingcard » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:36 pm

Cardbattery wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:28 pm
This could start to really affect away followings in the winter especially as people avoid booking travel and accommodation in case a week before its cancelled. I still do not understand why all squad players cant just do a PCR test and if negative play? Seems beyond stupid to be that cautious taht a negative PCR is ignored
Government policy says close contacts have to isolate for 10 days if unvaccinated.

Wafflebutt

Post by Wafflebutt » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:39 pm

Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:36 pm
Cardbattery wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:28 pm
Government policy says close contacts have to isolate for 10 days if unvaccinated.
I have no idea but I'm guessing the league rules will be different (more strict) to government rules.

Reading Card

Post by Reading Card » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:55 pm

Still not getting this;

In my house hold if someone has covid, as a doubled jabbed person i can PCR test and go on my way. Why would this not be the same for football players kicking a ball in the fresh air outside ?

The issue here is that its now that we want to get some games under our belt.

Winter will bring higher cancelations in theory as it will be more prevalent plus you can add in weather related cancelations.

I think roughly 1 in 70 have it at the moment in England. With the wider team and management of say 25 people and the opposition of the same , that's 50 people, 1 positive gets the game cancelled - you do the math .......

More info pls

Wokingcard

Post by Wokingcard » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:01 pm

Reading Card wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:55 pm
Still not getting this;

In my house hold if someone has covid, as a doubled jabbed person i can PCR test and go on my way. Why would this not be the same for football players kicking a ball in the fresh air outside ?

The issue here is that its now that we want to get some games under our belt.

Winter will bring higher cancelations in theory as it will be more prevalent plus you can add in weather related cancelations.

I think roughly 1 in 70 have it at the moment in England. With the wider team and management of say 25 people and the opposition of the same , that's 50 people, 1 positive gets the game cancelled - you do the math .......

More info pls
You’re not factoring in the players that have chosen to not be vaccinated. They can’t be on their way. They have to isolate if they have been in close contact regardless of a negative PCR

ObanCard

Post by ObanCard » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:03 pm

Well, I'm glad I drove down from Scotland for the week 😂 😭 at least I made it to the wrexham game.

Reading Card

Post by Reading Card » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:14 pm

You’re not factoring in the players that have chosen to not be vaccinated. They can’t be on their way. They have to isolate if they have been in close contact regardless of a negative PCR
True

80 % of adults have been doubled jabbed so in theory that should mean what 4/5 players of out of the squad due to '10 day' isolating. That's an issue but we could make up a team.

Wokingcard

Post by Wokingcard » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:22 pm

Reading Card wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:14 pm
True

80 % of adults have been doubled jabbed so in theory that should mean what 4/5 players of out of the squad due to '10 day' isolating. That's an issue but we could make up a team.
I think the % is much lower in the 18-34 range which our squad would be in. Could mean it’ll be a struggle to field a competitive team depending on who is vaccinated and who isn’t

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:42 pm

Wokingcard wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:22 pm
Reading Card wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:14 pm

True

I think the % is much lower in the 18-34 range which our squad would be in. Could mean it’ll be a struggle to field a competitive team depending on who is vaccinated and who isn’t
Anyone who wanted two jabs would have had them by now.

The only reason you wouldn’t have had both is if you didn’t bother booking it straight away or have refused it.

Either way, one positive test and 20 negative tests shouldn’t be a reason to call off two matches.

GoldCard

Post by GoldCard » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:43 pm

It does seem absurd that 1 player has tested positive so an outside sport has to be postponed, whereas in my small, poorly ventilated classroom at work we can have multiple cases yet no one has to isolate. I hope whoever has tested positive makes a speedy recovery.

lawsonhrj

Post by lawsonhrj » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:58 pm

Any idea if Eastleigh (a) will go ahead ?

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:33 pm

lawsonhrj wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:58 pm
Any idea if Eastleigh (a) will go ahead ?
It should do unless one of the player’s brother’s best friend’s sister knows someone who has COVID.

PatsWFC

Post by PatsWFC » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:42 pm

Teeth wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:27 pm
I suppose there is a Positive!

The players can have a good rest and come back fighting, and the players who are injured Will have more of a chance to get fit.
But it's a B####R for us fans?
I'll have to do more housework 😭😭😭
Kind of get this sentiment but for me its the worst timing, at this stage of the season its about finding momentum - I would guess the players do not want a rest now, they'd want to be straight back out there tomorrow to get a result following Saturdays disappointment. Its a huge negative for me as the next game will be Eastleigh meaning since Torquay, 25/26 days before, we'd have only played the one game against Wrexham. Will set us back massively I feel.