WFC TV | Woking 2 - 4 Notts County | Match Highlights

Mick

WFC TV | Woking 2 - 4 Notts County | Match Highlights

Post by Mick » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:31 pm

Chobham Card

Re: WFC TV | Woking 2 - 4 Notts County | Match Highlights

Post by Chobham Card » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:01 pm

Don't think we concede the first if Blocky doesn't slip, but the second and third are calamitous individual errors, and the fourth is a shocking defensive line suicidally high up the field. Dalby's late miss still beyond me.

Sam's arm is fully extended and he drives elbow-first into Diarra - not sure if it hits his face, but is that enough to make it just a yellow? Fairly clear trip on Loza from #6 for me as well.

Quality highlights as ever from the team - really good mixing of angles into live play.

darreng

Post by darreng » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:47 pm

Look at the second again. It's the spin of the ball that does for cook. It almost spins sideways and he doesn't quite recover. If it spins normally then it probably hits Cook on the chest.

Nothing wrong with the defensive line on the 4th when you are chasing the game, you need to track your runners and Cook doesn't. Both Cook and Diarra are reasonably quick for centre halves because of their height and long strides (just slow over the first 5 metres), they should be able to play a high line.

The elbow on Diarra was just below his arm pit.

Yes it was a trip on Loza and should have been a penalty, but the one we did get was soft.

Dalby didn't do a lot wrong with his miss, the defender (11) did well to recover and block it from his side.

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:16 pm

darreng wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:47 pm
Look at the second again. It's the spin of the ball that does for cook. It almost spins sideways and he doesn't quite recover. If it spins normally then it probably hits Cook on the chest.
It's the reaction to the bounce that I take issue with. He's the last man with quicker players than him right on his tail - you can't open yourself up like that when a player has the beating of you. He's never going to get the chance to take the ball on the foot he tries to, and it totally takes him out of the game.
darreng wrote:
Nothing wrong with the defensive line on the 4th when you are chasing the game, you need to track your runners and Cook doesn't. Both Cook and Diarra are reasonably quick for centre halves because of their height and long strides (just slow over the first 5 metres), they should be able to play a high line.
There's nothing wrong with a high line in theory, and the midfield hasn't protected it very well, but it's not actually a line at all when the ball goes in. I think Cook steps up in time, but Block and Diarra both play Knowles on - those two sprint back, Casey and Cook have their hands up. If a first time ball puts two strikers into 20 yards of space and in on goal, you've got it severely wrong.

As for speed, have you ever seen Moussa reach more than a trot?
darreng wrote:
Dalby didn't do a lot wrong with his miss, the defender (11) did well to recover and block it from his side.
Caught flat-footed following in a ball that deflects straight towards him, and as a result he kicks it at the third of the goal the keeper and a defender are both still occupying. When he makes contact, he's got more than half of an open goal to aim at from five yards out if he was able to hook it in that direction.

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:34 pm

Chobham Card wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:01 pm

Sam's arm is fully extended and he drives elbow-first into Diarra - not sure if it hits his face, but is that enough to make it just a yellow?

Don't even think the linesman's flag goes up for a foul, so I imagine neither of them saw it and just gave a yellow out due to the protests

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:47 am

Having now watched the highlights 3 times I'm convinced that :-

Having a go in the 2nd was not the direct cause for conceding the 3 goals.
4 great finishes from them. Cool, calm.
Definite stonewall penalty for Loza. Did his slip in the build up play a part? Did the soft penalty in the first half play a part?
The penalty, nowhere near enough contact to bring Diarra down, however you see them given. I'd be angry if it was against us, but their player shouldn't be putting his hands round Diarra like that.
Dalby has to do better. Simple as that.

Did they edit Jonte Smith from the highlights? ;-)

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:46 pm

Card Sharp wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:47 am
Having now watched the highlights 3 times I'm convinced that :-

Having a go in the 2nd was not the direct cause for conceding the 3 goals.
4 great finishes from them. Cool, calm.
Definite stonewall penalty for Loza. Did his slip in the build up play a part? Did the soft penalty in the first half play a part?
The penalty, nowhere near enough contact to bring Diarra down, however you see them given. I'd be angry if it was against us, but their player shouldn't be putting his hands round Diarra like that.
Dalby has to do better. Simple as that.

Did they edit Jonte Smith from the highlights? ;-)
Smith is the first player to be actually furloughed when on the pitch, remarkable really. Is he George Weahs cousin's cousin?

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:15 pm

That made me laugh and some coffee actually came out of my mouth
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

fatmaninthekitchen

Post by fatmaninthekitchen » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:24 am

Well having looked at the Loza incident , I think the ref got it right ...loza kicked into the back of the defenders leg and pulled it through so as to look like he tripped him really weird event, never seen anything so strange tbh. Loose arm from sam wasn't that bad, yellow was correct, and agree our 1st pen was soft so all in all I reckon the ref was pretty goid