New podcast episode

GlenH

New podcast episode

Post by GlenH » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:30 pm

For anyone at a loose end this afternoon with no Woking game, never fear, as you can still get your Woking fix with our latest episode of CardsCast.

We talk about whether the season should be suspended, what's been going wrong on the pitch, why we can't win at Christmas (in the NL), incomings and outgoings, and the FA Trophy. Not our cheeriest episode, but we finish on some reasons for optimism.

I'm also interviewing John Katz on Wednesday. Episode should be out the following day. If anyone has any questions they'd like me to put to him then just let me know.

This week's episode can be heard here: https://cardscast.buzzsprout.com/

Kingfield Ender

Re: New podcast episode

Post by Kingfield Ender » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:00 pm

Can you ask Mr Katz his view on bottle bars
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Tetra

Post by Tetra » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:37 pm

Ask John what are his plans for the ground assuming that GoldDev plans dont go through.

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:39 pm

Ask him if he regrets also being a Spurs fan. It’s unacceptable.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:53 pm

When will chilli dogs be available?

Baldman

Post by Baldman » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:45 am

Thanks gents, I enjoy the pod.

My questions would be:

- Companies House lists Peter J as controlling shareholder. what is the current situation with the mooted takeover? Have Katz and his investors bought a controlling stake in the club? If not, what is the timescale and what are the steps?
- how does the GolDev agreement impact the takeover? I understand that the club was to change hands as part of the deal. And how would the proposed smaller GolDev development impact the viability of the takeover?
- has any money yet been put into the club? If so, in what form (a loan, a donation, a purchase of shares?)?

Thanks guys

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:47 am

Baldman wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:45 am

My questions would be:

- Companies House lists Peter J as controlling shareholder. what is the current situation with the mooted takeover? Have Katz and his investors bought a controlling stake in the club? If not, what is the timescale and what are the steps?
- how does the GolDev agreement impact the takeover? I understand that the club was to change hands as part of the deal. And how would the proposed smaller GolDev development impact the viability of the takeover?
- has any money yet been put into the club? If so, in what form (a loan, a donation, a purchase of shares?)?

Thanks guys
As I understand it, Mr Katz is speaking at the club’s AGM this week, so those questions might get raised by one or two shareholders anyway!
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

H Card

Post by H Card » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:35 am

Really good podcast again guys. Very good listen.

jonwoozley

Post by jonwoozley » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:49 am

A football club is an unfathomable, bottomless, blackhole, void, moneypit. How on earth do you plan to try and break even?

Obviously details will be limited due to Gold's interest, but does it include a refreshingly different direction from building flats? With all the cladding issues on flats and EWS1 problems we dodged one there.

Will you try to buy the freehold? If so can fans get involved?
Dual meditates,
Non habetis argentum.

Cardinals Rule

Post by Cardinals Rule » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:24 pm

Another really good episode, thank you, which covered everything currently on my mind, Woking FC-wise.

The management and playing staff certainly have a challenging time coming up and we need to improve on the form we have shown really since the first four games of the season, which included a win against Weymouth. More recently, the win against Hartlepool was impressive, but the other three were against Dover and Barnet. We need to cut out the collapses - we have had four so far - and, ideally conceding first. We have decent players but we could maybe do with strengthening and giving those who have been overlooked a chance.

The bigger question may though be, as you covered, whether or not the season will continue. We know many players agreed with the decision to suspend the season in March, and the virus is now easier to catch and more prevalent, so it would be understandable if players didn’t currently wish to carry on.

For John Katz, it would be great to know the motivation for the new investor(s) getting involved and the level to which they will back us, but I should think they would be difficult questions to answer. Anyway, it is great to see him getting on board - insofar as I can tell! He certainly seems like a good chap.

Baldman

Post by Baldman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:44 pm

Nonsense Potter wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:47 am
Baldman wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:45 am

My questions would be:

Thanks guys
As I understand it, Mr Katz is speaking at the club’s AGM this week, so those questions might get raised by one or two shareholders anyway!
Thanks, what day is the AGM?

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:47 pm

Today. John’s not speaking because of COVID, but I think another opportunity to ask questions will be made available at a later date.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:53 pm

Great podcast, good points about Dover, happy to take the money but not to play.
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one