Slough Town

Red and White Army

Slough Town

Post by Red and White Army » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:15 pm

Calling for the season to be suspended:

https://twitter.com/sloughtownfc/status ... 40322?s=21

Strange as last season they were so desperate to get the playoffs played they set up a GoFundMe:

https://twitter.com/sloughtownfc/status ... 58304?s=21

I wonder why they wanted to play in the playoffs but want the league stopped now they’re in 19th?

Kingfield Ender

Re: Slough Town

Post by Kingfield Ender » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:40 pm

Dont they want to be elite anymore?

Wasnt it geezer white at Dorking who told us covid was over too?
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:34 pm

Nothing to do with the fact they are 19th with 9 points...........

Cardinals Rule

Post by Cardinals Rule » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:55 pm

You must be among the cynics they mention in the final paragraph of that lengthy statement!

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:02 pm

Another artificial club basing its existence on hiring out its plastic pitch
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

doylie

Post by doylie » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:32 pm

Barnet’s game at Alderpop is now off this weekend as both teams have people with Covid.
Memories of the past, visions of the future - follow on Instagram the_cardinal_tales and Twitter
https://twitter.com/cardinal_tales

readingrebel123

Post by readingrebel123 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:58 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:02 pm
Another artificial club basing its existence on hiring out its plastic pitch
The ground and pitch is owned by the council so no revenue comes from pitch hire.

readingrebel123

Post by readingrebel123 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:01 pm

Red and White Army wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:15 pm
Calling for the season to be suspended:

https://twitter.com/sloughtownfc/status ... 40322?s=21

Strange as last season they were so desperate to get the playoffs played they set up a GoFundMe:

https://twitter.com/sloughtownfc/status ... 58304?s=21

I wonder why they wanted to play in the playoffs but want the league stopped now they’re in 19th?
The situation now is very different.

Covid cases were minimal at the time of the play-offs and testing was in place.

wfc462

Post by wfc462 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:10 pm

when the circumstances change the strategy can change.

It's not unreasonable to call for or suggest that the season be suspended or cancelled. 1100 people died yesterday. the covid situation is serious.

As for the inevitable "well what about clubs finances" the answer is simple - govt should adequately fund all businesses to weather this pandemic. They can find money when it suits them.

I love this club, but it's just a game. Playing a game should not come at the expense of Boreham Wood's annual home attendance dying every single day. Be angry at the government for allowing this dire situation to happen. The first wave was forgivable, this situation was avoidable.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:20 pm

It doesn't matter how well we or any club for that matter follow the Covid safe rules, testing for elite sport to continue should be mandatory. How that's funded, organised, frequency is another matter, but it really should be that simple. Whether elite sport should continue is another matter also.

Wafflebutt

Post by Wafflebutt » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:36 pm

wfc462 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:10 pm

It's not unreasonable to call for or suggest that the season be suspended or cancelled. 1100 people died yesterday. the covid situation is serious.

As for the inevitable "well what about clubs finances" the answer is simple - govt should adequately fund all businesses to weather this pandemic. They can find money when it suits them.

I love this club, but it's just a game. Playing a game should not come at the expense of Boreham Wood's annual home attendance dying every single day. Be angry at the government for allowing this dire situation to happen. The first wave was forgivable, this situation was avoidable.
It amazes me how anyone can be angry at the government because of covid. The first wave was forgivable?? How in gods name were they supposed to stop it? no, this situation was not avoidable barring some very weird set of circumstances that nobody would have planned.
I would love to know how anyone... anyone could have handled this better ( they would all have had the same advisors regardless of who it was).
No I'm not a tory, I have never voted.

Reading Card

Post by Reading Card » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:18 pm

Lets not make this political.

In terms of the football club we need to pay players wages and keep the club going.

Therefore playing games provides steaming revenue -although does anyone know actual numbers ? Is this revenue worth it ?

Most young players are not at risk if they get it but for me the lines are blurred somewhat as numbers are sooooo high ( 1 in 50 so you could assume one in every match with two teams and playing staff could/ would have it.

Didn't someone say that if PPG is put in to place we would need to play 75 % / approx 31 games.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:21 pm

Wafflebutt wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:36 pm
wfc462 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:10 pm

It amazes me how anyone can be angry at the government because of covid. The first wave was forgivable?? How in gods name were they supposed to stop it? no, this situation was not avoidable barring some very weird set of circumstances that nobody would have planned.
I would love to know how anyone... anyone could have handled this better ( they would all have had the same advisors regardless of who it was).
Never voted for anyone? Ever?

That aside, there is a clear case the Govt could and should have acted more swiftly and decisively to lockdown. Particularly in this most recent one.

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:49 pm

Reading Card wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:18 pm
Lets not make this political.

In terms of the football club we need to pay players wages and keep the club going.

Therefore playing games provides steaming revenue -although does anyone know actual numbers ? Is this revenue worth it ?

Most young players are not at risk if they get it but for me the lines are blurred somewhat as numbers are sooooo high ( 1 in 50 so you could assume one in every match with two teams and playing staff could/ would have it.

Didn't someone say that if PPG is put in to place we would need to play 75 % / approx 31 games.
I agree, back to football...

If you want to poke anger toward anyone it should be the leagues who have tried to maintain and condense the same season and judging by the news coming out of the Southern League today, have no backup plan. That's the mad thing.
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

Wafflebutt

Post by Wafflebutt » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:07 pm

Card Sharp wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:21 pm
Wafflebutt wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:36 pm

Never voted for anyone? Ever?

That aside, there is a clear case the Govt could and should have acted more swiftly and decisively to lockdown. Particularly in this most recent one.
Never. Which winds my daughter up no end lol