12th

Post by Kingfield Ender » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:48 pm

After tonight we are 12th (15th on ppg)

With sat off it wont look too pretty
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

DesCartes

Re: 12th

Post by DesCartes » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:24 pm

Progress of a sort, as we were 16th on PPG before tonight's game...

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:45 pm

As long as Weymouth, Dover and Barnet continue to be shit we’ll be OK

Cardinals Rule

Post by Cardinals Rule » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:02 am

Seven of the teams below us with games in hand over us, including Dover, would overtake us if they won some or all of those games. Most of the teams above us have played two or three fewer games than us. We need a big improvement in form - if we play again this season, that is.

JAM

Post by JAM » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:06 pm

The way I see it is that we could go down 3 further places on Saturday, with Shots, Wealdstone & Chesterfield going above us depending on their results

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:43 pm

Are we really talking about league positions this early? We're as far away from second as we are from twentieth!

Take a look at the form of the top five:

Torquay: DLWWL
Hartlepool: WLWWW
Sutton: LWWWL
Stockport: LLDWL
Notts County: DWLWL

You'd look at Hartlepool and go 'ooh they've been consistent', even though we passed them around Kingfield like an Isthmian South struggler, but that's half of their wins all year in the last five games. Yeovil are 19th and have the same form over that period. Dagenham are 18th and have the same form as Sutton. Torquay are the only team in the league to have performed consistenly over a 5/6 week period and they're in cruise control.

We're a midtable team in a notoriously tight and competitive league that started in circumstances that were uniquely difficult to prepare for. Last year after 16 games, we were still 6 points off 2nd, but we were 5th rather than 12th.

I'm not even looking at the Premier League table til mid-Feb - the National League can wait til March to be taken seriously.
Cardinals Rule wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:02 am
Seven of the teams below us with games in hand over us, including Dover, would overtake us if they won some or all of those games. Most of the teams above us have played two or three fewer games than us. We need a big improvement in form - if we play again this season, that is.
Dover have lost 80% of the games they've played. If they maintain that form they won't even be in double figures by the time they've played the same amount of games as us.

We'll get eaten up by a couple of teams, but then there are teams below us I'd expect to surpass us anyway - Yeovil, Eastleigh, Dagenham shouldn't be down there. Similarly I expect Maidenhead and Altrincham to drop off.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:27 pm

But last season we had generally played the same amount of matches as the teams below us, not more.

It's more the fact we havent looked like scoring much in the last month coupled with our next 7 games looking difficult on paper.

Wafflebutt

Post by Wafflebutt » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:18 pm

Surely all little old part time wokings games are difficult on paper yet we are 15thish on points per game.
Dowse will sort our form out, I have an immense amount of faith in him.
Have some faith guys.
From some of what I have read on here the last 2 weeks you would think we are title contenders with what people are expecting. We are not. Mid table teams have blips and yes it sucks it was against aldershot (mostly) but it was and there isn't a bloody thing we can do about it now so learn from it and move on.

Cardinals Rule

Post by Cardinals Rule » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:12 am

Chobham Card wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:43 pm
Are we really talking about league positions this early?
I am sure you are right, and I am just fed up after another poor Christmas for the team, but we have only got 11 points from the 11 league games we have played since the Aldershot cup win, so I think could do with a pick up in form.

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:45 am

Cardinals Rule wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:12 am
Chobham Card wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:43 pm
Are we really talking about league positions this early?
I am sure you are right, and I am just fed up after another poor Christmas for the team, but we have only got 11 points from the 11 league games we have played since the Aldershot cup win, so I think could do with a pick up in form.
Totally agree. December has been crap (again).

Rio

Post by Rio » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:10 pm

As long as we're always averaging Iver a point a game, I won't be too worried if the season does/ does not finish.

Our next run of fixtures doesn't look great on paper. But we seem to do better when we're not expected to get anything.