Woking 0 Aldershot Town 1 | VNL | Match Report

DesCartes

Woking 0 Aldershot Town 1 | VNL | Match Report

Post by DesCartes » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:28 pm

A report on yesterday's game, by Luke Hammond, is to be found here

Aldershot's goalscorer is shown 'pro tem' as Toby Edser. There has been some debate as to whether or not Miller got the final touch, but other sports news sites point to Edser. This may be revisited in light of new evidence. Don't let me stop you discussing this further... ;o)

MC123

Re: Woking 0 Aldershot Town 1 | VNL | Match Report

Post by MC123 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:23 pm

“Ian Dyer and his men would have a point to prove”

“ Not the greatest of starts to the New Year for Dyer’s men”

Is there something you’re not telling us?!?!

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:25 pm

DesCartes wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:28 pm

Aldershot's goalscorer is shown 'pro tem' as Toby Edser. There has been some debate as to whether or not Miller got the final touch, but other sports news sites point to Edser. This may be revisited in light of new evidence. Don't let me stop you discussing this further... ;o)
I had no idea who scored it yesterday, Flashscores gave it to Miller which was my first thought. Whoever it was just added to my depression...........

Stuwfc

Post by Stuwfc » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:29 pm

MC123 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:23 pm
“Ian Dyer and his men would have a point to prove”

“ Not the greatest of starts to the New Year for Dyer’s men”

Is there something you’re not telling us?!?!
Starting to think the usual ankle chains from the bod are killing him

cardtrick

Post by cardtrick » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:23 pm

DesCartes wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:28 pm

Why the repeated reference to ‘Dyers men’ rather than Dowse

Since85

Post by Since85 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:34 pm

Bit of a rose tinted report, no mention of aimless hoofball and the fact that Shots keeper had one shot on target with deal with, exactly as at the Wreck , not really the game I had to endure.

Stuwfc

Post by Stuwfc » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:14 pm

Since85 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:34 pm
Bit of a rose tinted report, no mention of aimless hoofball and the fact that Shots keeper had one shot on target with deal with, exactly as at the Wreck , not really the game I had to endure.
Polished a turd comes to mind with that report

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Gutless and unacceptable

Sums it up.

Since85

Post by Since85 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:07 pm

Agreed , it was one of our worst performances against a team below us in the league

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:03 pm

and a quick edit to read "Dowses Men" etc etc.... If I were Dowse I'd be happy to see Dyer get labelled with that shit.
At least a turd can be polished - after the last seven days it's hard to see where you start with the cloth.
This space intentionally left blank

pooh

Post by pooh » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:38 am

I respect anyone who has to write a report for that game, but whilst reading it, I was wondering if this report was from some other game as it was not a reflection of the game I watched? I know that a report has to have a little more copy than Adian's comment - "Gutless and Unacceptable" - but apart from the first 5 minutes, I thought Aldershot were the better team all over the park which the report seems to gloss over. Too many long balls to an isolated Davidson who won very few against the two Aldershot central defenders. Whether our team put in 100% effort only they will know but the tactics employed were woeful and seemed to be a repeat of the Boxing Day massacre?

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:43 am

I get that it's all voluntary, no I don't have any intention of doing it, but that report is not the football match I watched on Saturday.
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

DesCartes

Post by DesCartes » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:52 am

pooh wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:38 am
I respect anyone who has to write a report for that game,...
Perhaps you could have left it at that.

What would you (and others) want to be done about it? Ask the reporter in question not to bother again? Maybe put yourselves forward as candidates to report in the future?

Anyway, my thanks go to Cardinals Rule for pointing out the (fairly fundamental!) error in the report by sending me a Private Message (PM). In these instances, this is how it should be done

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:07 pm

DesCartes wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:52 am
pooh wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:38 am
I respect anyone who has to write a report for that game,...

What would you (and others) want to be done about it? Ask the reporter in question not to bother again? Maybe put yourselves forward as candidates to report in the future?

Anyway, my thanks go to Cardinals Rule for pointing out the (fairly fundamental!) error in the report by sending me a Private Message (PM). In these instances, this is how it should be done
To answer your question - I would imagine/hope that if someone is keen enough to volunteer to write a match report, then they would welcome feedback that perhaps they had been a bit to rosey. Equally, when posting on a fans forum, I would expect that you/they would appreciate not everyone will agree. If you draw attention to the article then expect feedback on it, good or bad.

I also think that whoever is doing the live text on Twitter at the moment needs to be a little bit less biased - the suggestion at half-time on Saturday that we had "edged" it to that stage was comical. Before you suggest I volunteer for that, I asked Scummer Ben if I could do it at Eastleigh three years ago and he (smartly) said no!

Do you think that match report is an accurate reflection of the game Des?
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

Stuwfc

Post by Stuwfc » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:01 pm

Kanu's Nan wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:07 pm
DesCartes wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:52 am

To answer your question - I would imagine/hope that if someone is keen enough to volunteer to write a match report, then they would welcome feedback that perhaps they had been a bit to rosey. Equally, when posting on a fans forum, I would expect that you/they would appreciate not everyone will agree. If you draw attention to the article then expect feedback on it, good or bad.

I also think that whoever is doing the live text on Twitter at the moment needs to be a little bit less biased - the suggestion at half-time on Saturday that we had "edged" it to that stage was comical. Before you suggest I volunteer for that, I asked Scummer Ben if I could do it at Eastleigh three years ago and he (smartly) said no!

Do you think that match report is an accurate reflection of the game Des?
Did u also get a personal message berating you for daring to disagree with the report !!!!?