Interviews

bobr666

Re: Interviews

Post by bobr666 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:08 pm

If you have a view on who was our best player in December, you can vote here. Six players nominated with two in the lead. Voting closes this evening

AshWFC

Re: Interviews

Post by AshWFC » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:54 pm

Wokingcard wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:56 am
Our wingers and strikers are supposed to create and win us games and we haven’t scored/had a shot on target in 3 games so I would argue we should probably look at the top end of the pitch first!

In defence, Shotton has been culpable for most of the goals conceded at Aldershot on Boxing Day and it’s no secret we need another CB.
I think it's a little unfair to pin the mad 6 minutes from the whole team against Aldershot on Shotton, no matter how culpable he certainly was for the 3rd. If we're going to jump to single out Casey for anything this season, he has to take the flack as captain for losing his head after the first in that game, after which we sank deeper and invited them onto us, having controlled most of the first half an hour.

I agree, it's the other end of the pitch where we're lacking something... Remove the Aldershot away game, and we've conceded 7 in the last 9 games... if that's a reflection of Casey being 'dreadful' and how good our defence is with players unavailable, I'd say we don't have too much to worry about for a team that's also apparently lacking a hatchet man in midfield.