Match Thread: Woking v Aldersh*t

kansasCard

Re: Match Thread: Woking v Aldersh*t

Post by kansasCard » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:54 pm

Well right now we have Jack shit to give it large about. At least he's consistent.
This space intentionally left blank

Texas Dave

Post by Texas Dave » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:47 pm

MC123 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:52 pm
Would take effiong back at this point, having a shocker of a time at Barnet on loan...
in a heartbeat

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:07 pm

Texas Dave wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:47 pm
MC123 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:52 pm
Would take effiong back at this point, having a shocker of a time at Barnet on loan...
in a heartbeat
Shows how bad we’ve become, very quickly if that is a serious proposition.

Stuwfc

Post by Stuwfc » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:38 pm

Rio wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:46 pm
Stuwfc wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:44 pm

Shotton had a bad Christmas. Personally I thought he was just dropped today, didn't think about his loan. Dowse seems to pick on the defense quite a bit yet stick with a misfiring forward line regardless. Wareham, Tarpey etc must be seething right now.
Just seen that’s he been removed from the club website. So yep presume that’s the last we’ll be seeing of him.
Hopefully a few others as well !
[/quote]

Are you putting yourself on the transfer list?
[/quote]

Think your looking in the wrong direction! Like most of the fucking defence with that free kick

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:40 pm

Looks like somebody got something on Ricky Miller. Dowse would have suggested he jog it off. Shame we couldn't of got something on target or strung two passes together. If you don't like blood
.. don't be looking.
https://twitter.com/millerboy08/status/ ... 72450?s=21
This space intentionally left blank

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:41 pm

Adrian wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:07 pm
Texas Dave wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:47 pm

in a heartbeat
Effiong is a 15 goal per season striker for any team that isn't a weapons-grade dumpster fire.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:08 pm

Chobham Card wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:41 pm
Adrian wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:07 pm

Effiong is a 15 goal per season striker for any team that isn't a weapons-grade dumpster fire.
Only if he’s taking 7/8 penalties a season.

Ashcard

Post by Ashcard » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:50 pm

Not really, just a player that wears his club colours on his sleeve and understands what it means to win a local derby game. As does Toby Edser given his goal celebration towards the camera. File under Rendell, Williams etc. Aldershot have always been head and shoulders above us on the importance on winning this fixture. Apart from the Casey's and the Kretzchmar's, the majority of our squad need to get their notepads out and see stuff like this to really appreciate what it means. As has been said, the reason why we just don't turn up for these games is not helped by having so many loan players that don't get it. Add to that, the derby thing is more of a culture thing for Aldershot as they always need a rival. They lost their war with Reading.

Camberley Cardinal

Post by Camberley Cardinal » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:30 am

Hate losing to them - they are an annoyance but is this really a derby that is life or death? I think it means much more to them then us. Still to this day I look for Stevenages result and delighted when they lose. I don’t care too much about our neighbours. Not making excuses but they seem get far more wound up about it then we do.

Stuwfc

Post by Stuwfc » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:41 am

Camberley Cardinal wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:30 am
Hate losing to them - they are an annoyance but is this really a derby that is life or death? I think it means much more to them then us. Still to this day I look for Stevenages result and delighted when they lose. I don’t care too much about our neighbours. Not making excuses but they seem get far more wound up about it then we do.
Funny on their forum they saying exactly the same about us ! Let’s be truthful it matters a lot to both clubs unfortunately not to Woking players and never has done . These 6-9 points we just Chuck away every season would easily place is in the playoffs most years . As I have said the manager who gets 9 points over the Christmas period in this league will get us to the playoffs that’s how important it is .

JamesShot

Post by JamesShot » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:21 pm

Stuwfc wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:41 am
Camberley Cardinal wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:30 am
Funny on their forum they saying exactly the same about us ! Let’s be truthful it matters a lot to both clubs unfortunately not to Woking players and never has done . These 6-9 points we just Chuck away every season would easily place is in the playoffs most years . As I have said the manager who gets 9 points over the Christmas period in this league will get us to the playoffs that’s how important it is .
Never really felt Woking have put up much to make it a rivalry, think since 2013 there has been a bit more to it especially with former players coming back to score against you quite a few times. Always felt like the ex Woking players would put in more effort against you and that winds your supporters up. Think with Shots fans it’s mostly enjoying how annoyed Woking Supporters get with the likes of Brett Williams, Scott Rendell and now Lewis Kinsella, I know the latter wasn’t a Woking player but he is the current target for abuse.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, having seen the last 3 games of yours it was surprising how little threat going forward you have at the moment, Davison was superb against us in the FA cup game, what’s happened to him, over the past season and a half I’d have expected more from a Dowson side.

Stuwfc

Post by Stuwfc » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:32 pm

JamesShot wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:21 pm
Stuwfc wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:41 am

Never really felt Woking have put up much to make it a rivalry, think since 2013 there has been a bit more to it especially with former players coming back to score against you quite a few times. Always felt like the ex Woking players would put in more effort against you and that winds your supporters up. Think with Shots fans it’s mostly enjoying how annoyed Woking Supporters get with the likes of Brett Williams, Scott Rendell and now Lewis Kinsella, I know the latter wasn’t a Woking player but he is the current target for abuse.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, having seen the last 3 games of yours it was surprising how little threat going forward you have at the moment, Davison was superb against us in the FA cup game, what’s happened to him, over the past season and a half I’d have expected more from a Dowson side.
I would question why your players only perform twice a season against us if they put as much effort into the other games you might get somewhere

JamesShot

Post by JamesShot » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:26 pm

Stuwfc wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:32 pm
JamesShot wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:21 pm

I would question why your players only perform twice a season against us if they put as much effort into the other games you might get somewhere
It’s a question often asked but It isn’t just against you though really, biggest problem under Searle is the inconsistency, we’ve never won more than 2 games in a row under him, and even winning 2 games is a rare feat, so don’t assume we only turn up for just for these games, there will be more wins and losses to come as we continue to go up and down the table.

You got beaten twice and that’s not even the best we’ve played this season, defensively perhaps but truthfully that wasn’t tested much, the question is more Woking’s lack of effort rather than Aldershot being fired up wanting it more because we both know that The Shots didn’t have to work that hard for those wins.