Match Thread: Woking v Aldersh*t

citycard

Re: Match Thread: Woking v Aldersh*t

Post by citycard » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:06 pm

terrible by the Cards - played neat triangles in the warm up for 20 minutes then played hoofball for 90 minutes. No tactics, no passing, no effort, no shape, no style

Rio

Post by Rio » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:07 pm

That was the epitome of turgid bollocks.

Three games in a row we've not looked like scoring.

21 points down, 26 to go.

Mid-table-tastic*

*Hopefully.

Since85

Post by Since85 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:09 pm

Absolutely clueless, once again their keeper could have brought a deck chair Management need a lot hard think about creativity Davison tried but no real quality around him 1 win in 6 now!!

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:12 pm

photocard wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:54 pm
TONYGORMAN wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:44 pm
Rubbish, loanies no better than our players, need some ball players in the side asap, or relegation looms.....
We have plenty of ball players; Dempsey, Cooper, Ferdinand, they just not tried to play. It seem like a tactical decision to try and take the game away from Edser who was excellent on Boxing Day. Instead simply getting it forward quickly and relying on picking up the 2nd ball which we haven’t.
Cooper is only a ball-player when he has a dead-ball to kick, Dempsey is essentially a ball-winner, and I doubt if even Ferdinand's family would describe him as a ball-player: he has a good engine and is dangerous in the air, but that's about it. We have no creativity in central midfield whatsoever. The creativity is supposed to come from the wide players like Loza, Kretzschmar, Jarvis, Tarpey and the lesser-spotted Goddard. Unfortunately, they are all various shades of shit at the moment.

Cardinals Rule

Post by Cardinals Rule » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:13 pm

Rio wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:07 pm

Mid-table-tastic*

*Hopefully.
I would be delighted with that at the moment, but am dreading the rest of the season if we play like that. A real waste of my Saturday afternoon.

And the goal was shocking. Half of our goal completely undefended and Toby Edser couldn't turn down the invitation.

KRE_Matt

Post by KRE_Matt » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:14 pm

Bit harsh on Tarpey, poor fucker can't even get a warm up, let alone game time under Dowse at the moment.

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:16 pm

13 posts before the goal and 43 in the 30 minutes after it. Never change, Cardsboard.

Goals are a fairly serious problem now and I don't know why. If Jonte Smith is still being courted, I'd like to see him soon. Loza aside, I'm not sure we have genuine pace anywhere else.

Midfield has the personnel and it isn't playing as it has been - in this form it could do with a genuine ball-player like Goddard, rather than a conservative centre-mid who happens to have passable technique.

I rate Ross pretty highly but he is slightly culpable from set pieces into his near post, isn't the first time. Welcoming Gerring back would let the midfield get on the ball more and push the entire team a little higher up.

Bleh. Wrexham, Bromley, Altrincham all away next. Without improvement this month will be fairly bleak.

Cardbattery

Post by Cardbattery » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:16 pm

Not making good use of Davison at the moment, what is he supposed to do with constant long balls from cook. One time we looked dangerous was a loan through ball...

Rio

Post by Rio » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:18 pm

You can normally return things within a month if they don't work. When did we sign Loza, and is there a refund clause?

Happy to drive him back myself.

Bristolcard

Post by Bristolcard » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:18 pm

Not sure how much more evidence Dowse needs to know that:
1. 4-4-2 is more likely to allow us to make chances
2. We need more creativity in midfield
3. The loan players are not passionate enough
4. Jarvis is not the player he once was
5. Cook’s long throw is not long

That’s 3 turgid performances on the spin. Wake up ffs.

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:22 pm

Christmas has fuc*ed us again. Need to find some grease for those wheels before they well and truly fall off.
This space intentionally left blank

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:38 pm

What’s happened to this “FANTASTIC” midfield we were said to have? We’ve scored in 1 of our last 6 league matches.

I wouldn’t blame Davison for asking to go back to Charlton if we’re just gonna smash the ball at his head all game.

Our next 8 league games aren’t easy - if we’re not careful we’ll be dragged down in to the relegation battle before we play Dover and Barnet at the end of Feb.

Stuwfc

Post by Stuwfc » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:45 pm

Red and White Army wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:38 pm
What’s happened to this “FANTASTIC” midfield we were said to have? We’ve scored in 1 of our last 6 league matches.

I wouldn’t blame Davison for asking to go back to Charlton if we’re just gonna smash the ball at his head all game.

Our next 8 league games aren’t easy - if we’re not careful we’ll be dragged down in to the relegation battle before we play Dover and Barnet at the end of Feb.
Has the feel of oh Anthony about this season

DesCartes

Post by DesCartes » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:46 pm

...if we’re not careful we’ll be dragged down in to the relegation battle before we play Dover and Barnet at the end of Feb.
The consolation is that we're still above Aldershot on goal difference but...

...based on 'Points per game' - important to track these days - we would be 16th and 17th in the table respectively.

Cardinals Rule

Post by Cardinals Rule » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 pm

DesCartes wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:46 pm
...if we’re not careful we’ll be dragged down in to the relegation battle before we play Dover and Barnet at the end of Feb.
The consolation is that we're still above Aldershot on goal difference but...

...based on 'Points per game' - important to track these days - we would be 16th and 17th in the table respectively.
Yes, currently we are plummeting towards the relegation places and can no longer plead relative poverty. Or can we? I am still unclear how well funded we are and where any funding may be coming from - other than from the lottery and supporters.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:55 pm

We set up never looking to score, let alone attack, we have a liberal amount of Limbrickitus at the moment and we need a cure fast.

Only highlight of this season will be I’m not traveling around the country to watch this.

Utterly appalling, yet again!!!!

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:09 pm

I don’t want to sound controversial, but the current set up and tactics aren’t that dissimilar to a lot of our time in this league under Dowse. The difference before was that we had Moussa/Gerring as a genuine threat from set pieces. Currently we seem to be expecting Ferdinand to replicate this on his own, which isn’t working.

We had a midfield three that didn’t work today. Block seems an honest player with very disciplined positional play, but he’s too conservative in possession covering he doesn’t win his headers and lacks pace to get around. Cooper’s in poor form and it didn’t work for Ferdinand. For me, Dempsey’s the most talented player we have in that position, but he hasn’t been as good recently.

Out wide is an issue. Loza tries, but it isn’t working and I think Kretschmar must have been on a bonus for throwing his arms in the air, as he did nothing with the ball or without it. Davison’s also struggling. He made some poor choices today, but we don’t have anyone else to put in ahead of him - as I don’t think Spasov can play as a target man.

Massively disappointed with Jarvis coming on and doing nothing to change the game. With Goddard and Tarpey also similar players in the system Dowse plays, he can hardly complain about budget after signing so many similar players - but ultimately that’s where we need the creativity to come from.

Feel sorry for Ross today. Possibly his error for the goal, but he made a couple of strong blocks today to keep us in with a chance of an underserved draw.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

FaitAccompli

Post by FaitAccompli » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:10 pm

The boys put more effort into the Xmas song than that today

MC123

Post by MC123 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:16 pm

Presume Shotton has gone back to WBA, not in the squad today, loan was apparently up yesterday. Not sure if that’s a loss or not.

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:28 pm

MC123 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:16 pm
Presume Shotton has gone back to WBA, not in the squad today, loan was apparently up yesterday. Not sure if that’s a loss or not.
Shotton had a bad Christmas. Personally I thought he was just dropped today, didn't think about his loan. Dowse seems to pick on the defense quite a bit yet stick with a misfiring forward line regardless. Wareham, Tarpey etc must be seething right now.
This space intentionally left blank

MC123

Post by MC123 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:38 pm

kansasCard wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:28 pm
MC123 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:16 pm
Shotton had a bad Christmas. Personally I thought he was just dropped today, didn't think about his loan. Dowse seems to pick on the defense quite a bit yet stick with a misfiring forward line regardless. Wareham, Tarpey etc must be seething right now.
Just seen that’s he been removed from the club website. So yep presume that’s the last we’ll be seeing of him.

Stuwfc

Post by Stuwfc » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:44 pm

MC123 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:38 pm
[quote=kansasCard post_id=126054 time=<a href="tel:1609612098">1609612098</a> user_id=123]
[quote=MC123 post_id=126052 time=<a href="tel:1609611385">1609611385</a> user_id=1042]
[/quote]

Just seen that’s he been removed from the club website. So yep presume that’s the last we’ll be seeing of him.
[/quote]

Hopefully a few others as well !

Camberley Cardinal

Post by Camberley Cardinal » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:46 pm

Rio

Post by Rio » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:46 pm

Stuwfc wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:44 pm
MC123 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:38 pm
[quote=kansasCard post_id=126054 time=<a href="tel:1609612098">1609612098</a> user_id=123]
[quote=MC123 post_id=126052 time=<a href="tel:1609611385">1609611385</a> user_id=1042]
[/quote]

Hopefully a few others as well !
[/quote]

Are you putting yourself on the transfer list?

MC123

Post by MC123 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:52 pm

Would take effiong back at this point, having a shocker of a time at Barnet on loan...