GolDev

Stoo

GolDev

Post by Stoo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:39 pm

GolDev have launched an appeal against the Planning Committee's rejection of the stadium proposals in June.
The club has consistently said they would not support an appeal, but I gather some of the objections could be ironed out, according to one of the SWAG representatives.

Where on earth does this leave us?

GladToBeHere

Re: GolDev

Post by GladToBeHere » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:07 pm

Stoo wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:39 pm

Where on earth does this leave us?
In the midst of the Planning Appeal process, be interesting to know if anyone has ideas as to typical durations for these sorts of things...? I can’t imagine it’s a quick process though.

Stoo

Post by Stoo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:40 pm

I don't think it's expected to be heard for about a year. It's in the Woking News & Mail today if you want to have a look.

Stoo

Post by Stoo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:42 pm

DaveyH

Post by DaveyH » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:51 pm

Cardinal96

Post by Cardinal96 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:06 pm

DaveyH wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:51 pm
Good luck with that then Wayne!

https://uk.gofundme.com/f/development-f ... hvKsXKXbGk
Surely this is a piss-take??

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:35 pm

going really well so far
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

James Wade

Post by James Wade » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:50 pm

£1.4m target!
Disclaimer:
"Just to be clear, all posts are my own views and what I say should not be taken as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and in no way should they be assumed as being a voice of the Club"

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:54 pm

James Wade wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:50 pm
£1.4m target!
hahaha I thought it was £1,400 when I first read it!

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:01 pm

I wonder what the club's official stance is on this?

skippy

Post by skippy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:04 pm

Multi-million pound development has go fund me appeal to raise the cash to challenge the planning decision.
Fronted by Wayne 'don't care about football' Gold.
What has happened to Dukelease?

Some objections could be ironed out if the development is no more than 5 storeys and no greater than 70 DPH, but I can't see that paying for a shiny new stadium and relocating David Lloyd.

rosemaryj

Post by rosemaryj » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:06 pm

The stated board stance is that we do not support the appeal and Goldev are aware of this and when the News and Mail spoke to me earlier this week I re-stated that board view stated after the failed planning application. We have more important matters at the moment with BCD and running the club. It is an intent to appeal, not yet full appeal documentation.

Rosemary

Card87

Post by Card87 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:08 pm

I heard something from a Stevenage fan the other day that I found interesting . Yes apparently they can be interesting sometimes .

Joe Leslie, the kid we got from their youth team, is the son I believe of Spencer Leslie (DukeLease) who's a shareholder in GolDev Woking .

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:17 pm

Card87 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:08 pm
I heard something from a Stevenage fan the other day that I found interesting . Yes apparently they can be interesting sometimes .

Joe Leslie, the kid we got from their youth team, is the son I believe of Spencer Leslie (DukeLease) who's a shareholder in GolDev Woking .
Very true he is his dad (not sure about the shareholder but though) but anyone who saw the pre seasons will realise ‘floppy haired winger’ is a very good addition to our squad.
Covid curtailed his personal plans for the year in where he was going to be playing and has worked to our advantage. There is no conspiracy here, just football has a funny way of bringing people together.

You be surprised how many staff, volunteers and contacts have kids or relations that play at the various levels of the club. That’s what is so amazing about little old Woking in that it has a massive attraction that gets under the skin and is infectious to all those that have any involvement.

Now if only someone could get Ronaldo to pay a visit.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:00 pm

Spitfire wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:17 pm
Card87 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:08 pm

Very true he is his dad (not sure about the shareholder but though) but anyone who saw the pre seasons will realise ‘floppy haired winger’ is a very good addition to our squad.
Covid curtailed his personal plans for the year in where he was going to be playing and has worked to our advantage. There is no conspiracy here, just football has a funny way of bringing people together.

You be surprised how many staff, volunteers and contacts have kids or relations that play at the various levels of the club. That’s what is so amazing about little old Woking in that it has a massive attraction that gets under the skin and is infectious to all those that have any involvement.

Now if only someone could get Ronaldo to pay a visit.
He's currently self-isolating ;o)