Sunbrow

Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

Post by Sunbrow » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:50 pm

Cardbourne wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:36 pm
Sunbrow wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:23 pm

Probably because they got Four goals away and we got 0 at home
Or maybe it's because we are in the TOP tier of non league football and they aren't!
Yet.

MattA

Post by MattA » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:44 am

jonwoozley wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:09 pm
JAM wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:12 am
£18k for the win. that would be nice. The prize money has been halved this season, so its £9375 for the winning team and £3125 for the losing team
There is money to be made from this tie.

As long as nobody tells the Covid officer the game could be sold to a full GC Lounge and bar too. A three course sit down meal, match programme imported across the border, raffle, bar etc. Quite an atmosphere.

If Dowse wants a bigger budget then this is the match to win. No more Kingstonian's or Ebbsfleet's, this is worth thousands of streams or programme downloads.

Let Rosemary do the pre-match teamtalk.

The GC lounge is a possible facility, which is available for the club to use (60 Capacity I think). However, availability of the bar is restricted, and will be out of regular service on the 24th of October. It is scheduled to be used for players/match officials, and it is dedicated as being a red zone. So unless Sheerwater v Frimley is rescheduled, then it is unavailable for regular use.

Raffle or a digital programme are a possibility. The club is presumably allowed to produce our own digital version of a match day programme. Dedicated “Away Match Programmes” could become a thing, if there is sufficient demand for certain games.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:14 am

MattA wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:44 am
jonwoozley wrote:

As long as nobody tells the Covid officer the game could be sold to a full GC Lounge and bar too. A three course sit down meal, match programme imported across the border, raffle, bar etc. Quite an atmosphere.

If Dowse wants a bigger budget then this is the match to win. No more Kingstonian's or Ebbsfleet's, this is worth thousands of streams or programme downloads.

The GC lounge is a possible facility, which is available for the club to use (60 Capacity I think). However, availability of the bar is restricted, and will be out of regular service on the 24th of October. It is scheduled to be used for players/match officials, and it is dedicated as being a red zone. So unless Sheerwater v Frimley is rescheduled, then it is unavailable for regular use.

Raffle or a digital programme are a possibility. The club is presumably allowed to produce our own digital version of a match day programme. Dedicated “Away Match Programmes” could become a thing, if there is sufficient demand for certain games.

The reason Cards Bar can’t be used is because it’s open for Sheerwater FC. It’s nothing to do with zones or limited use for players and officials etc, it’s simply a bar for the paying punters.
I’ve been to a number of their games this season and you would hardly see any difference for them to what you would expect under normal conditions other than table service in the bar.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:00 am

MattA wrote:
jonwoozley wrote:

Matt,

You are incorrect, the Geoff Chapple Lounge is not in use when Sheerwater play at the Laithwaite, the only part of the ground that is open for their matches is the side that includes Moaners, the Directors and Family stands, the rest of the ground is closed. Also the Lounge was in use to stream the Chesterfield match to supporters at the same time Sheerwater were playing at the Laithwaite. As long as an arrangement can be reached with Aldershot to stream the match then I would envisage the Lounge being open next Saturday to supporters to watch the Aldershot match live.

MattA

Post by MattA » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:51 pm

AndyT wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:00 am
MattA wrote:

Matt,

You are incorrect, the Geoff Chapple Lounge is not in use when Sheerwater play at the Laithwaite, the only part of the ground that is open for their matches is the side that includes Moaners, the Directors and Family stands, the rest of the ground is closed. Also the Lounge was in use to stream the Chesterfield match to supporters at the same time Sheerwater were playing at the Laithwaite. As long as an arrangement can be reached with Aldershot to stream the match then I would envisage the Lounge being open next Saturday to supporters to watch the Aldershot match live.

I agree, the GC lounge is not in use when Sheerwater play, and as such it is an available facility for possible use.
I was of the opinion (incorrectly it seems) that the Cardinals Bar was unavailable, as I thought it was reserved for players and match day officials.

GoldCard

Post by GoldCard » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:02 am

MattA wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:51 pm
AndyT wrote:

Matt,

I agree, the GC lounge is not in use when Sheerwater play, and as such it is an available facility for possible use.
I was of the opinion (incorrectly it seems) that the Cardinals Bar was unavailable, as I thought it was reserved for players and match day officials.
I believe the Cardinals bar is used as a bar for Sheerwater fans when they play so therefore unavailable for us.

Rio

Post by Rio » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:02 pm

MattA wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:51 pm
AndyT wrote:

Matt,

Am I missing something here? The GCL is being used by the club for our away games, regardless of whether Sheerwater play or not.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:18 pm

Nope. I think it’s a case of a good idea already being implemented and not everyone fully understanding the continually changing bonkers rules for different clubs in the same ground.

The commercial team will do the right thing and know what they have to maximise our income I’m sure.

rosemaryj

Post by rosemaryj » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:11 pm

Just to assist. When Sheerwater are at home they use the club bar as part of the deal and therefore unless you pay to see their match it is not available to Woking fans and the stream would not be in that bar. To be clear they follow all the COVID restrictions for their league, table service is in place and a maximum of six per table with non cash payments if at all possible. All temperature checking and signing in is carried out and the number of fans is limited.
If Woking have an away match and if we are allowed, by that club to stream into the lounge bar then you can book through the commercial manager a seat to watch that streaming for £5, entering at the Westfield gate only and parking in the compound. Numbers are strictly limited so you have to pre-book through Steve. Not all teams will allow us to do this so it is on a match by match basis. For example the lounge was full for the Chesterfield game. The bar is open with table service and at that match hot food was available.