Stream?

Nonsense Potter

Re: Stream?

Post by Nonsense Potter » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:52 pm

DaveyH wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:22 pm
I’m not asking for multiple people. I’d just expected that there may be a 2 device maximum. Will just have to pay twice next time. And being 2-0 up helps!!
Two of us have watched both home games here so far. I donated extra and went a little nuts (unsuccessfully) on goldrush this time and Top of the C put in a donation on top last time. Let me know next time you need the stream for your son and I’m happy to pay the donation for you to have it on two screens. Just warn your son that in years to come he will have to listen to old twats like me complaining about how we made it easy for the younger generation.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

skippy

Post by skippy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:52 pm

We're getting there.
A few laggy bits and the sound was a rollercoaster.

I think it would be helpful if there was a minimum recommended broadband speed.

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:55 pm

tommyb wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:43 pm
Why on earth are we still announcing the other results in the stadium after the game?!
Probably to keep the routine. If it was quiet for BCD when the crowds come back the NIMBY neighbours would probably complain and try to get it banned

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:57 pm

Meerkat wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:55 pm
tommyb wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:43 pm
Why on earth are we still announcing the other results in the stadium after the game?!
Probably to keep the routine. If it was quiet for BCD when the crowds come back the NIMBY neighbours would probably complain and try to get it banned
The NIMBYs probably celebrated when Macc went bust as it meant one less home game. They “love the club” though.

DaveyH

Post by DaveyH » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:07 pm

Nonsense Potter wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:52 pm
DaveyH wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:22 pm
I’m not asking for multiple people. I’d just expected that there may be a 2 device maximum. Will just have to pay twice next time. And being 2-0 up helps!!
Two of us have watched both home games here so far. I donated extra and went a little nuts (unsuccessfully) on goldrush this time and Top of the C put in a donation on top last time. Let me know next time you need the stream for your son and I’m happy to pay the donation for you to have it on two screens. Just warn your son that in years to come he will have to listen to old twats like me complaining about how we made it easy for the younger generation.
Thank you David. Though I’m not looking for someone to fund my support! I’ll pay whatever is needed. I just guess I was surprised that we couldn’t both watch the game on 2 devices in the same house. If it’s not possible, then so be it. I’ll know for next time and will pay for 2. Hope you are well.

Since85

Post by Since85 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:01 am

All in all not a bad spend of £10, I had to reboot about 30 times when it froze and missed our first goal. Commentary was good once it settled down.
Some awesome swearing came over, glad my lad wasn’t watching!

Byfleet Village Card

Post by Byfleet Village Card » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:42 am

I was quite impressed at the stream quality tbf. Had a few issues with freezing at the start of both halves, and the commentary took a while to get going, but once these minor glitches had passed the only problem I encountered later on was no commentary for the last 10 minutes, which was actually caused by user error and my headphones turning off! Good work all involved.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:26 am

The close up camera had much better quality than the wider view. In the second half, the camera angle at times was in homage to Weymouth! I did not see Chesterfield so could not comment on their stream, but Weymouth's stream had fewer interruptions by far - I didn't mind their commentary either. Admittedly the quality was not as good.

I think £10 is a fair price(to be clear I paid £15)

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:01 pm

Thank you David. Though I’m not looking for someone to fund my support! I’ll pay whatever is needed. I just guess I was surprised that we couldn’t both watch the game on 2 devices in the same house. If it’s not possible, then so be it. I’ll know for next time and will pay for 2. Hope you are well.
Similar kind of situation for me. I'm not often going to be able to watch on just one device either. Saturdays I'd happily pay if I were able to watch the first half at home and then log on again for the second at the gym. For Solihull it didn't work.
This space intentionally left blank

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:12 pm

kansasCard wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:01 pm
Similar kind of situation for me. I'm not often going to be able to watch on just one device either. Saturdays I'd happily pay if I were able to watch the first half at home and then log on again for the second at the gym. For Solihull it didn't work.
This system will allow that with ease, it will just log out the first login if that's still active, without the faff of sending two-factor auth emails.

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:14 pm

Nick wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:12 pm
kansasCard wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:01 pm
This system will allow that with ease, it will just log out the first login if that's still active, without the faff of sending two-factor auth emails.
I could only thumbs up once and not the multiple times that your response deserves!!!! Great new :-)
This space intentionally left blank