Thank you #MylesForTheNhs

Spitfire

Thank you #MylesForTheNhs

Post by Spitfire » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:04 pm

Just a quick message to all those that sponsored me to say thank you for having faith and belief in me getting around the course on Saturday in support of Myles for the NHS. The weather was bloomin’ awful bit I had some fantastic messages of support flashing up in the screen and terrific support in person from James, Mike and Al during the ride.
I can’t thank you all enough and hope we can do our bit to show those on the front line in the NHS and the other charities how much they mean to us too.
Congratulations to Nico for organising the event for us as well
as those that took part. Star team.

As a side note, I was brought up as a Hersham boy, lace up boots and all that and one of my best mates during those years was James. After school we went our own ways loosing touch and then met up again at Orient when he recognised me some 30 years later! The rest has been a catch up due to our joint love of WFC and finding out what’s happened during all those years. Thank you matey, who would have thought ? 😂

Byfleet Village Card

Re: Thank you #MylesForTheNhs

Post by Byfleet Village Card » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:48 pm

Spitfire wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:04 pm
Just a quick message to all those that sponsored me to say thank you for having faith and belief in me getting around the course on Saturday in support of Myles for the NHS. The weather was bloomin’ awful bit I had some fantastic messages of support flashing up in the screen and terrific support in person from James, Mike and Al during the ride.
I can’t thank you all enough and hope we can do our bit to show those on the front line in the NHS and the other charities how much they mean to us too.
Congratulations to Nico for organising the event for us as well
as those that took part. Star team.

As a side note, I was brought up as a Hersham boy, lace up boots and all that and one of my best mates during those years was James. After school we went our own ways loosing touch and then met up again at Orient when he recognised me some 30 years later! The rest has been a catch up due to our joint love of WFC and finding out what’s happened during all those years. Thank you matey, who would have thought ? 😂
Was a great (very early) morning ride, Nick, and good to catch up some more after all these years - would be fab to do it again some more! Could this even also be the start of a WFCCC?? :)

bobr666

Post by bobr666 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:17 pm

>a WFCCC
Yes, we could lobby for some secure bike parking at the ground!

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:49 pm

bobr666 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:17 pm
>a WFCCC
Yes, we could lobby for some secure bike parking at the ground!
I have thought about that Bob and once the CofE move to their new home, there could be a possible option.
Leave it with me and I’ll dig into it.