BBC on how Coronavirus has impacted non-PL clubs

TWR

BBC on how Coronavirus has impacted non-PL clubs

Post by TWR » Fri May 22, 2020 11:50 am

Quite an interesting live thread going on at BBC now - looking at how Coronavirus is impacting teams outside of the PL, and seems to be with some focus on non-league teams too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/52755173

Sadly I don't have Twitter so couldn't mention to them about our incredible iniciatives. Really does make me wonder what will happen with football overall if teams can't get the gate receipts for almost a year. So glad we have already taken steps to try and help Woking onwards.
"Nunca Dejes De Creer..."

Chobham Card

Re: BBC on how Coronavirus has impacted non-PL clubs

Post by Chobham Card » Fri May 22, 2020 2:22 pm

Just tweeted them on the #getbehindtheshirt campaign. See if they bite.

TWR

Post by TWR » Fri May 22, 2020 2:39 pm

Lovely. I think it's a great example of how fans are looking to get involved to help their club at the lower levels.

I wonder what the FA will do to help as well. Most comments from L1, L2 and down are all about how clubs can't afford to play behind closed doors and need fans to make any money to keep going. If that can't happen, will the FA help or change anything or only make it about the bigger teams as usual?
"Nunca Dejes De Creer..."

Nico

Post by Nico » Fri May 22, 2020 2:58 pm

This is excellent and from an MP and getting a lot of profile today - just funding club losses without a reform and reset is pointless - the game has to return to its roots.

https://damiancollins.com/a-way-forward-for-football/

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Fri May 22, 2020 3:18 pm

It made it! A little mention, but nice to be there - "as featured on the BBC, the #getbehindtheshirt campaign..."
TWR wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:39 pm
Lovely. I think it's a great example of how fans are looking to get involved to help their club at the lower levels.

I wonder what the FA will do to help as well. Most comments from L1, L2 and down are all about how clubs can't afford to play behind closed doors and need fans to make any money to keep going. If that can't happen, will the FA help or change anything or only make it about the bigger teams as usual?
I think there will come a tipping point where money has to be put in. There's too much money invested in football for the rich to let it fall out from underneath them. It's not going to be a comfortable few months though.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Fri May 22, 2020 4:06 pm

Nico wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:58 pm
This is excellent and from an MP and getting a lot of profile today - just funding club losses without a reform and reset is pointless - the game has to return to its roots.

https://damiancollins.com/a-way-forward-for-football/
I heard this on the radio and yes he made some very good points and suggestions.