Update for fans

Nick

Update for fans

Post by Nick » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:21 pm

Chobham Card

Re: Update for fans

Post by Chobham Card » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:27 pm

Worth noting that progress is being made further down the pyramid. Results of the 2019/20 season have been expunged for every club in Tier 3 and below, with no promotion and no relegation, the FA has said today.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:37 pm

Chobham Card wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:27 pm
Worth noting that progress is being made further down the pyramid. Results of the 2019/20 season have been expunged for every club in Tier 3 and below, with no promotion and no relegation, the FA has said today.
Just seen that, personally I think that's ridiculous that practically a whole season is deemed pointless & meaningless. Surely finalising the season using a PPG system had to be better than saying it didn't exist.

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:41 pm

AndyT wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:37 pm
Chobham Card wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:27 pm
Just seen that, personally I think that's ridiculous that practically a whole season is deemed pointless & meaningless. Surely finalising the season using a PPG system had to be better than saying it didn't exist.
Agreed, hope it doesn't happen to us. I want my bloody playoff fairtale!

Speaking of blood, Nick, how do we give blood at the club (assuming that's what the transfusion service is)? Is there a schedule available? Seems like people will need it now more than ever.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:18 pm

Chobham Card wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:41 pm
AndyT wrote:

Speaking of blood, Nick, how do we give blood at the club (assuming that's what the transfusion service is)? Is there a schedule available? Seems like people will need it now more than ever.
I've just heard from a very reliable source that the decision to make the season null & void was a unanimous decision by all the clubs in Steps 3-6. The reason......money pure and simple. Apparently if the season wasn't made null & void then clubs would be liable to pay their players up to the end of their contracts. By making the season null & void I've been told it makes players contracts null & void and clubs can stop paying their players.

This being the case I can see clubs in the National League wanting to follow suit, especially the clubs with budgets in the millions.

rosemaryj

Post by rosemaryj » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:18 pm

If you go on line you can register with the blood donation service and I believe that they then invite you to give blood. I would assume you can choose where to attend and I know that they need new donors because of the amount of people who are unable to donate at present.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:23 pm

Nice to see the owners of bankrolled projects like south Shields and jersey Bulls are having a good cry about it

Unlucky
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Derek

Post by Derek » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:49 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:23 pm
Nice to see the owners of bankrolled projects like south Shields and jersey Bulls are having a good cry about it

Unlucky
Unfortunately Stevenage and Fylde may well benefit from this

darreng

Post by darreng » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:09 pm

Chobham Card wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:41 pm
AndyT wrote:

There is a donor session today, it is fully booked but I guess they my have gaps if people don't turn up.

I'd look on blood.co.uk whether they can register first timers today.

There are alternatives in surrounding towns and Knaphill Scout hut. I normally give near work on the way home.

Stuwfc

Post by Stuwfc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:20 pm

Everyone apart from Casey would be out of contract . All would need extensions then be out of contract again in a few weeks. Can’t see it working unless fa pays for each short term contract or a large percentage of it . Rich clubs could snap up players for peanuts giving unfair advantage next season. I still think freeze the points carry them over . Barrow and Harrogate would still have an advantage with relegation virtually impossible. Scrap fa trophy and county cups and fa cup to shorten season .

Cornwall Card

Post by Cornwall Card » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:21 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:

Unlucky
Very unlucky.
All the more so if people have invested in the club and thought they reaped rewards.
There's a bit of the cynical me wondering whether non-league thinks it can run roughshod over the lower tiers because they won't have the legal clout (ie money) to challenge the decision.

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:30 pm

Thanks for the update. Great to get a weekly report!

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:02 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:

Unlucky
Little bit harsh on Jersey though given they’ve won every game this season.

They’re hardly bankrolled in the sense South Shields are. Just sponsors paying for travel to/from the Island.

I hope they get up through the leagues quickly - Jersey away would be great.

And probably only a few years from a Guernsey v Jersey Channel Island Derby - gonna be scenes on the ferries.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:41 pm

They've won everygame for a reason. You thi k they are made up from players who live in Jersey?
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

trevorinottawa

Post by trevorinottawa » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:50 pm

BBC Sports website this evening says "the National League, National League North and South, WSL and Women's Championship will continue towards a conclusion "as quickly as possible". So looks like National League will try to complete the season going into summer if necessary, maybe with playoffs.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:27 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:41 pm
They've won everygame for a reason. You thi k they are made up from players who live in Jersey?
A lot of them do live in Jersey. Because our entire squad is made up of players who live in Woking...

Did you complain when our directors were topping up our budget?

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:18 am

Red and White Army wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:27 pm
Kingfield Ender wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:41 pm
A lot of them do live in Jersey. Because our entire squad is made up of players who live in Woking...

Did you complain when our directors were topping up our budget?
Are you new here? KE complained that they didn’t put enough in, whilst arguing that it was wrong. He argued that we should only spend what we make, whilst moaning that our players aren’t good enough. All this was squeezed into the three hours after every loss, without posting when we won.

Now he’s got time on his hands, I’m fully expecting him to apply to join the board.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team