Loop Road

Nick

Loop Road

Post by Nick » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:56 pm

Woking Football Club has, as a general principle, not responded to unofficial comments regarding the stadium redevelopment. However given the widespread conjecture in recent days we are making this statement regarding Loop Road.

The development proposed at Kingfield will not under any circumstances use Loop Road for construction access or building materials storage during construction or at any stage. Any suggestion to the contrary is misleading.

We would be grateful if fans could clarify this with anyone who has been led to believe otherwise. Thank you.

Rosemary Johnson on behalf of the development team
Chairman Woking Football Club

MrO
Site Admin

Re: Loop Road

Post by MrO » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:27 am

From Facebook:

But common land on the current access to the ground and on Kingfield Green stop any access
Anybody any idea what that means? That sounds like the clutching of straws.

skippy

Post by skippy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:28 pm

It means they don't know much about construction.
It would be madness to route construction traffic off Loop Road, you'd go straight off either Kingfield Road or Westfield Avenue. Sounds like scare mongering.

There isn't any common land that would stop access, I'm guessing they think the little wooded bit in front of the houses is common land, it isn't, it's owned by the council.

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:00 pm

More than likely a strategy to get Loop Road residents onside

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:23 pm

I swear one of the plans, maybe in the original proposal, had a construction compound on part of the Loop Road sports fields that had an entrance to Loop Road.
Unless I have imagined it that was probably where they got there idea from.

Duncan Biscuit

Post by Duncan Biscuit » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:36 pm

skippy wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:28 pm
It means they don't know much about construction.
It would be madness to route construction traffic off Loop Road, you'd go straight off either Kingfield Road or Westfield Avenue. Sounds like scare mongering.

There isn't any common land that would stop access, I'm guessing they think the little wooded bit in front of the houses is common land, it isn't, it's owned by the council.
Kingfield Green is common land.

Or, at least it was when I lived in Kingfield Green. I know this, because I carved a quarter acre of (former) common land to create my front garden. Best £40 I ever spent!!

As it happens, unless there’s a compulsory purchase of my old house there’s no access to the other side of the Tennis Centre from Kingfield Green anyway. The shared driveway, which is unadopted, becomes a footpath at the entrance to my former home. What used to be common land and would have allowed access for plant to the back of the Tennis Centre is now privately owned and on the deeds of my old house.

MrO
Site Admin

Post by MrO » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:29 pm

Thanks DB, got an idea what Kingfield Green is now. Not very clear from the maps, but your description clears it up. Seems a bit odd to me that would be an access route anyway.

plutoniumcard

Post by plutoniumcard » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:17 pm

The email I saw implied that access from the road (with garages off it) at the far side of loop road playing fields. From memory is this accessed from the side road next to the Guru Indian restaurant? Granville Road?