Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:10 pm

We can do everything that's been mentioned

But we still wouldn't get more than 5000 even if we were in league 1

Hopefully I'll be dead before we introduce a plastic pitch
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Spitfire

Re: Nimbys

Post by Spitfire » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:57 pm

It’s closer than you think..... our penalty areas are synthetic already.

Baldman

Post by Baldman » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:32 pm

Whatever happens at least we know that the owners of the club will make sure that the ground is suitable for our needs and ensure that the requirements of the developer do not override everything.

What’s that? The developer is going to own the club??

Mr Jones

Post by Mr Jones » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:19 am

I've not looked into the proposed residential development in too much detail but this was the line in the article that stood out for me "Affordable homes will be provided, although the number has not yet been confirmed."

It will be interesting to see how much affordable and social housing will be incorporated in the development. As I understand it, below the expected percentage is included in the tower block developments that are being built in Woking at the minute, the excuse being that much of it is PRS stock but at £1200 a month for a 2 bed that's not going to benefit the people who need social and affordable housing.

I suspect that the developer has done the mother of all deals here. Build a stadium that is bigger than the club needs and get a residential planning consent that is over and above what the local plan had earmarked for the site.

Since85

Post by Since85 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:56 pm

Can you imagine the grief when a Motor Head tribute band rocks up and plugs in!! Health and Safety field day