South Woking Action Group

Mr Jones

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by Mr Jones » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:25 am

wokingbob wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:48 pm
453 signatories on their petition. Most of them would be able to walk to a shop instead of driving after the development. Reducing the traffic 7 days a week.

With more people in the area the bus frequency is likely to increase too. That's less traffic too, isn't it.

Those 453 also live within walking distance of green belt. I wonder where the homes we need will go if not up in the sky? Is an increase in green belt commuting acceptable. I wonder which roads a higher proportion of them will use?

Just a few thoughts !!
I don't mind greenbelt being developed as long as it's unused greenbelt. We live in West Byfleet where the locals were apoplectic about some greenbelt being allocated for development. Most of them didn't even know it was there as it's pretty much inaccessible and borders the M25 so not exactly a great walk.

mussy

Post by mussy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:32 am

Unused Green Belt is what Green Belt is - Unused. QED.

Card is King

Post by Card is King » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:33 pm

Green belt was put in place in certain counties to stop all towns forming into one. I can assure you this will not be a problem here.

Secondly, on the petition it names and shames the people. I like that. We should have their names engraved on the floor around the ground when its built just to piss them off even more.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Mr Jones wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:23 am
wokingcardinal wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:12 pm

Why is the person at the back on the right hand side of one of the pictures in a black gimp suit??
He's not in a gimp suit. He's wearing a hoodie and had turned around to have a piss while the photo was being taken. Nothing weird about him at all.
Thanks for the update.

DavetheBountyHunter

Post by DavetheBountyHunter » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:33 pm

TBF, it was good of him to turn around whilst pissing in public.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team