South Woking Action Group

CardsOnTour
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:55 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 6 times

South Woking Action Group

Post by CardsOnTour » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Looks like this could be fun:

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey ... m-16752573

I am starting to think that perhaps GolDev went in for a larger scheme expecting to be pushed back somewhat; say 7,500 seater stadium and 550 dwellings, that would still be a good outcome for WFC as well surely....?

It's almost definitely going to go appeal as well based on the above - lots of costs involved and certainly not a quick decision making process!

SussexSeasider
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:53 am
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by SussexSeasider » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:33 pm

Looking at that lot I wouldn't be that worried...

BoingBoing
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 2:32 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by BoingBoing » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:03 pm

SussexSeasider wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:33 pm
Looking at that lot I wouldn't be that worried...

cute dogs though

WFC96
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:52 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by WFC96 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:18 pm

Love how Andy Caulfield has decided that we don't need a 10,000 capacity stadium. Cheers Andy, we really needed that decision from you, makes life a lot easier!

AndyT
Posts: 2651
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:11 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 190 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by AndyT » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:24 pm

God I wouldn’t want to live near that lot 😂

Slammedeluxe
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:16 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by Slammedeluxe » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:35 pm

If you follow the group and its discussions, it’s not too surprising that Football Finances, the need for Woking FC to be self financing and the addition of retail space for the local commmnity and South Woking is unfortunately somewhat lost behind the thou shall not allow more people to build lives in our neighbourhood rhetoric.

One of the locals from the Willow Reach Development keeps videoing the Range Rovers parked round the private parking areas and blaming them on WFC fans parking for the games.

They then drive up and down Westfield Avenue on match days quite freely with no delays and using this as evidence of catastrophic traffic congestion. Of course the fact that they live in Willow Reach, which was objected too by his neighbours, and now he is asking for support from the same neighbours seems a little lost on him, as does perhaps his FB status of ‘lives in London’. On top of that there’s loads of photos of perfectly legally parked cars supposedly stopping Emergency vehicle access despite the bus sized gaps down the middle of the road.

I understand local objections, but the lack of research and understanding of a Football club that’s been there for 90 years is quite suprising.

wokingcardinal
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 am
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by wokingcardinal » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:12 pm

CardsOnTour wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:52 pm
Looks like this could be fun:

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey ... m-16752573

I am starting to think that perhaps GolDev went in for a larger scheme expecting to be pushed back somewhat; say 7,500 seater stadium and 550 dwellings, that would still be a good outcome for WFC as well surely....?

It's almost definitely going to go appeal as well based on the above - lots of costs involved and certainly not a quick decision making process!
Why is the person at the back on the right hand side of one of the pictures in a black gimp suit??

Slammedeluxe
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:16 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by Slammedeluxe » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:15 pm

wokingcardinal wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:12 pm
CardsOnTour wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:52 pm
Looks like this could be fun:

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey ... m-16752573

I am starting to think that perhaps GolDev went in for a larger scheme expecting to be pushed back somewhat; say 7,500 seater stadium and 550 dwellings, that would still be a good outcome for WFC as well surely....?

It's almost definitely going to go appeal as well based on the above - lots of costs involved and certainly not a quick decision making process!
Why is the person at the back on the right hand side of one of the pictures in a black gimp suit??
Agent Meerkat.

wokingcardinal
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 am
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by wokingcardinal » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:16 pm

Slammedeluxe wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:15 pm
wokingcardinal wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:12 pm

Why is the person at the back on the right hand side of one of the pictures in a black gimp suit??
Agent Meerkat.
It is very strange though... What is it?

alas Tom Jones
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:35 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by alas Tom Jones » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:59 pm

I think we need an online petition supporting the plans. I reckon it could get more 'signatures' than theirs.

Since85
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:51 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by Since85 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:30 pm

Rent a crowd,pretty unhealthy looking lot

alas Tom Jones
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:35 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by alas Tom Jones » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:33 pm

I suspect that some of the objectors would be happy to see the Club wither and die, but they should be careful what they wish for. If that were to happen, they might well find themselves in a further battle against development, which could be even more intensive without a football ground occupying a substantial area. The Council will I'm sure take into account the benefits of having a thriving club at the heart of the community, with a prestigious record of contribution to the welfare of the town and beyond, as well as helping to put Woking in the public consciousness.

LGScard
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:20 pm
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by LGScard » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:48 pm

The petition against Cardinal Court, with its URL included in the article, only has 431 signatures rather than the 750 stated. Yet more top class journalism from Surrey Live.

Almost as disproportionate as @NoCardinalCourt on Twitter claiming to represent the 1000’s against the proposal with just 35 followers.

I think they need an abacus rather than pitch forks.

Spitfire
Posts: 617
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:44 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by Spitfire » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:07 pm

Even the dog front left has turned its back and was crapping on its owner for their ridiculous comments.

Hampshire Card
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:42 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by Hampshire Card » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:29 pm

I wonder if these were the people who wanted Watford tickets?

Nico
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:39 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by Nico » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:32 pm

Planning always raises hackles and concerns and the 'antis' tend to be the more vocal than the silent majority. I know of people in Mayford and Kingfield who are very pro the proposals. Planning is always a process of proposing, listening and adapting to get to the best overall way forward.I agree many people probably don't appreciate the HUGE community impact the club has - 90 minutes on a Saturday barely scratches the surface.

Willow Reach also had opposition but before their really nice flats were built it was a few decaying huts and a Council depot

neverlostatwembley3
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 6:05 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by neverlostatwembley3 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:02 pm

The sign saying “No to extreme density” is presumably a dig at Aldershot fans for being extremely thick?!

Kingfield Ender
Posts: 4145
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 am
Has thanked: 438 times
Been thanked: 388 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by Kingfield Ender » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:14 pm

Because the housing opposite is really spaced out isn't it

NOT
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Ashcard
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:40 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by Ashcard » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:33 pm

alas Tom Jones wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:33 pm
I suspect that some of the objectors would be happy to see the Club wither and die, but they should be careful what they wish for. If that were to happen, they might well find themselves in a further battle against development, which could be even more intensive without a football ground occupying a substantial area. The Council will I'm sure take into account the benefits of having a thriving club at the heart of the community, with a prestigious record of contribution to the welfare of the town and beyond, as well as helping to put Woking in the public consciousness.
Exactly. I know it was decades ago but Guildford City was controversially sold off and developed into housing. Although to be fair it is not high rise. But the point is IF all the land was made available that is a lot more land for a lot more housing.

Without jumping too much into the nimby argument but those objecting live in properties that were once developments. They have a habitat so they are alright jack. Sod everyone else trying to get on the property ladder.

Baldman
Posts: 805
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:59 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by Baldman » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:00 am

alas Tom Jones wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:33 pm
I suspect that some of the objectors would be happy to see the Club wither and die, but they should be careful what they wish for. If that were to happen, they might well find themselves in a further battle against development, which could be even more intensive without a football ground occupying a substantial area.
Yes, if there was no need for a football ground, the development would be worth a lot more. Still, at least we have the owners of the club to stop that happening. What’s that? The developer is going to own the club???!

mussy
Posts: 260
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:33 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by mussy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:33 am

AndyT wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:24 pm
God I wouldn’t want to live near that lot 😂
If they have their way you won't be able to.

CardsOnTour
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:55 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by CardsOnTour » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:18 pm

neverlostatwembley3 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:02 pm
The sign saying “No to extreme density” is presumably a dig at Aldershot fans for being extremely thick?!
Well this made me chuckle.

CardsOnTour
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:55 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by CardsOnTour » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:21 pm

Ashcard wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:33 pm
alas Tom Jones wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:33 pm
I suspect that some of the objectors would be happy to see the Club wither and die, but they should be careful what they wish for. If that were to happen, they might well find themselves in a further battle against development, which could be even more intensive without a football ground occupying a substantial area. The Council will I'm sure take into account the benefits of having a thriving club at the heart of the community, with a prestigious record of contribution to the welfare of the town and beyond, as well as helping to put Woking in the public consciousness.
Exactly. I know it was decades ago but Guildford City was controversially sold off and developed into housing. Although to be fair it is not high rise. But the point is IF all the land was made available that is a lot more land for a lot more housing.

Without jumping too much into the nimby argument but those objecting live in properties that were once developments. They have a habitat so they are alright jack. Sod everyone else trying to get on the property ladder.
There are people still rightly quite annoyed about the decision making behind the Guildford City sell-off.

I think your second paragraph pretty sums up the attitude of Guildford Borough Councils planning department at the moment (and quite a high proportion of objections on planning applications all over Surrey/Hampshire)...!

wokingbob
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 5:38 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by wokingbob » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:48 pm

453 signatories on their petition. Most of them would be able to walk to a shop instead of driving after the development. Reducing the traffic 7 days a week.

With more people in the area the bus frequency is likely to increase too. That's less traffic too, isn't it.

Those 453 also live within walking distance of green belt. I wonder where the homes we need will go if not up in the sky? Is an increase in green belt commuting acceptable. I wonder which roads a higher proportion of them will use?

Just a few thoughts !!
Optimism IS my middle name. Trust in Dowse.

Mr Jones
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:06 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: South Woking Action Group

Post by Mr Jones » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:23 am

wokingcardinal wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:12 pm
CardsOnTour wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:52 pm
Looks like this could be fun:

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey ... m-16752573

I am starting to think that perhaps GolDev went in for a larger scheme expecting to be pushed back somewhat; say 7,500 seater stadium and 550 dwellings, that would still be a good outcome for WFC as well surely....?

It's almost definitely going to go appeal as well based on the above - lots of costs involved and certainly not a quick decision making process!
Why is the person at the back on the right hand side of one of the pictures in a black gimp suit??
He's not in a gimp suit. He's wearing a hoodie and had turned around to have a piss while the photo was being taken. Nothing weird about him at all.


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: duckites, Viking Card and 30 guests

Cardboard

Cardsboard.co.uk is not an official message board of Woking Football Club or The Cards Trust, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Please be warned that some posts will contain swear words.

Vanarama National League Club Forums: Aldershot Town | Barnet | Barrow | Bromley | Chesterfield | Chorley | Dagenham & Redbridge | Dover Athletic | Eastleigh | Ebbsfleet United | FC Halifax Town | Harrogate Town | Hartlepool United | Maidenhead United | Notts County | Solihull Moors | Stockport County | Sutton United | Torquay United | Wrexham

Unofficial League Forums: The Conference Forum

Other Links: Cards Trust - Boost the Budget | wokingfc.co.uk | Surrey Advertiser | Woking News and Mail | Woking FC Official Photo Gallery | BBC Sport - Woking | BBC Football Commentaries