League 2 North and South?

Derek
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:55 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Derek » Tue May 19, 2020 11:40 am

Adrian wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:58 pm
Derek wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:07 pm
I know chesterfield wasn’t rearranged but Dover v barrow was so please stop arguing with me Adrian
Not arguing with you.

Healthy discussion nothing more.
Alright I’ll let you off on this occasion, Adrian!

AndyT
Posts: 3090
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:11 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by AndyT » Tue May 19, 2020 3:45 pm

Derek wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:40 am
Adrian wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:58 pm


Not arguing with you.

Healthy discussion nothing more.
Alright I’ll let you off on this occasion, Adrian!
No don't

Meerkat
Posts: 2083
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:14 pm
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Meerkat » Tue May 19, 2020 7:00 pm

The league clubs are going to look at the risks.
One bad season and they could be going to Hungerford Town the next!

darreng
Posts: 639
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:39 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by darreng » Tue May 19, 2020 8:08 pm

Meerkat wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:00 pm
The league clubs are going to look at the risks.
One bad season and they could be going to Hungerford Town the next!
Better than the current one bad season and it’s of to Boreham Wood.

Camberley Cardinal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:30 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Camberley Cardinal » Fri May 22, 2020 1:52 am

Why would anyone want this?

It's part of football - the away trips up north etc
So what if Chesterfield away was on a Tuesday night. Getting back at 2am after that win made it even more special.

Adrian
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Adrian » Fri May 22, 2020 9:09 am

Camberley Cardinal wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:52 am
Why would anyone want this?

It's part of football - the away trips up north etc
So what if Chesterfield away was on a Tuesday night. Getting back at 2am after that win made it even more special.
So if an opportunity arises for our club to be part of a newly reorganised Football League you don’t think we should grab it with both hands?


Based on a very strange belief that a Tuesday night visit to Chesterfield is “Part of Football”!!!

Times change, you’ll be saying we should go back to 2 points for a win and 3 men between the goal and the ball for offside next.

Let’s just go with this if it happens.

Derek
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:55 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Derek » Fri May 22, 2020 1:39 pm

Adrian wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:09 am
Camberley Cardinal wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:52 am
Why would anyone want this?

It's part of football - the away trips up north etc
So what if Chesterfield away was on a Tuesday night. Getting back at 2am after that win made it even more special.
So if an opportunity arises for our club to be part of a newly reorganised Football League you don’t think we should grab it with both hands?


Based on a very strange belief that a Tuesday night visit to Chesterfield is “Part of Football”!!!

Times change, you’ll be saying we should go back to 2 points for a win and 3 men between the goal and the ball for offside next.

Let’s just go with this if it happens.
Chesterfield’s not even 200 miles away, the way you’re carrying on you’d think it’s fecking Auckland!

Adrian
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Adrian » Fri May 22, 2020 4:50 pm

Derek wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:39 pm
Adrian wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:09 am


So if an opportunity arises for our club to be part of a newly reorganised Football League you don’t think we should grab it with both hands?


Based on a very strange belief that a Tuesday night visit to Chesterfield is “Part of Football”!!!

Times change, you’ll be saying we should go back to 2 points for a win and 3 men between the goal and the ball for offside next.

Let’s just go with this if it happens.
Chesterfield’s not even 200 miles away, the way you’re carrying on you’d think it’s fecking Auckland!
No it’s not Auckland.
Auckland is a very decent place.

Red and White Army
Posts: 1741
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:53 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Red and White Army » Fri May 22, 2020 6:13 pm

Adrian wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:09 am
Camberley Cardinal wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:52 am
Why would anyone want this?

It's part of football - the away trips up north etc
So what if Chesterfield away was on a Tuesday night. Getting back at 2am after that win made it even more special.
So if an opportunity arises for our club to be part of a newly reorganised Football League you don’t think we should grab it with both hands?
Based on a very strange belief that a Tuesday night visit to Chesterfield is “Part of Football”!!!

Times change, you’ll be saying we should go back to 2 points for a win and 3 men between the goal and the ball for offside next.

Let’s just go with this if it happens.
Times do change indeed. Maybe Camberley Cardinal will be saying we should go back to the 50’s where they had division 3 north and south next.

Oh.

Derek
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:55 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Derek » Fri May 22, 2020 7:36 pm

Adrian wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:50 pm
Derek wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:39 pm


Chesterfield’s not even 200 miles away, the way you’re carrying on you’d think it’s fecking Auckland!
No it’s not Auckland.
Auckland is a very decent place.
So is wellington

Adrian
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Adrian » Fri May 22, 2020 9:04 pm

Derek wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:36 pm
Adrian wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:50 pm


No it’s not Auckland.
Auckland is a very decent place.
So is wellington
Too windy.

Derek
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:55 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Derek » Fri May 22, 2020 9:15 pm

Adrian wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:04 pm
Derek wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:36 pm


So is wellington
Too windy.
Good for a night out though as is Dunedin

Adrian
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Adrian » Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 pm

Like it there.

AndyT
Posts: 3090
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:11 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by AndyT » Sat May 23, 2020 9:30 am

Adrian wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:50 pm
Derek wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:39 pm


Chesterfield’s not even 200 miles away, the way you’re carrying on you’d think it’s fecking Auckland!
No it’s not Auckland.
Auckland is a very decent place.
Auckland isn't that far away, only 270 miles from Woking according to Google :O)

Adrian
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Adrian » Sat May 23, 2020 10:26 am

AndyT wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:30 am
Adrian wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:50 pm


No it’s not Auckland.
Auckland is a very decent place.
Auckland isn't that far away, only 270 miles from Woking according to Google :O)
Bishop Auckland...........

Stoo
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:18 pm
Has thanked: 278 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Stoo » Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm

I can see the arguments for both sides of this. From a purely selfish point of view, I would be devastated to lose the northern away games. They're What the season was about, for me. Not Borehamwood, Bromley, Eastleigh or Yeovil.

kansasCard
Posts: 2761
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:38 pm
Location: Downtown Kansas City Missouri
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 165 times
Contact:

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by kansasCard » Sat May 23, 2020 7:46 pm

My vote would be to reduce the 'new' north / south divisions by relegating the bottom 4 from both NLPN and NLPS then add those 8 games back into the season for north / south division 3's by generating 8 random matches(4 home 4 away) against teams from the opposite division.
This space intentionally left blank

Camberley Cardinal
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:30 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Camberley Cardinal » Mon May 25, 2020 7:37 am

I think your missing my point - yes things move on in football but not always for the better and from my view going to regionalised leagues is taking something away.

Adrian
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Adrian » Mon May 25, 2020 9:20 am

Camberley Cardinal wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:37 am
I think your missing my point - yes things move on in football but not always for the better and from my view going to regionalised leagues is taking something away.
OK

I don’t understand why it would if we retained the level we play at and Obtained Football League Status.

I love a Northern Awayday as much a the next man, this proposal is an opportunity we’d be foolish to pass up.

AndyT
Posts: 3090
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:11 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by AndyT » Mon May 25, 2020 12:09 pm

Adrian wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:20 am
Camberley Cardinal wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:37 am
I think your missing my point - yes things move on in football but not always for the better and from my view going to regionalised leagues is taking something away.
OK

I don’t understand why it would if we retained the level we play at and Obtained Football League Status.

I love a Northern Awayday as much a the next man, this proposal is an opportunity we’d be foolish to pass up.
you're presuming a lot of things here.........

Kingfield Ender
Posts: 4623
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:48 am
Has thanked: 417 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: League 2 North and South?

Post by Kingfield Ender » Tue May 26, 2020 11:08 am

But its not ever going to happen. No way would theyvgivecus a cut of the tv deal
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 23 guests

Cardboard

Cardsboard.co.uk is not an official message board of Woking Football Club or The Cards Trust, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Please be warned that some posts will contain swear words.

Vanarama National League Club Forums: Aldershot Town | Barnet | Barrow | Bromley | Chesterfield | Chorley | Dagenham & Redbridge | Dover Athletic | Eastleigh | Ebbsfleet United | FC Halifax Town | Harrogate Town | Hartlepool United | Maidenhead United | Notts County | Solihull Moors | Stockport County | Sutton United | Torquay United | Wrexham

Unofficial League Forums: The Conference Forum

Other Links: Cards Trust - Boost the Budget | wokingfc.co.uk | Surrey Advertiser | Woking News and Mail | Woking FC Official Photo Gallery | BBC Sport - Woking | BBC Football Commentaries