Season Start and Season Ticket Update

Card Sharp

Re: Season Start and Season Ticket Update

Post by Card Sharp » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:19 pm

Adz wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:58 pm
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to pay £500 for a season ticket but I think it's a realistic price in this situation.
It's just my opinion, doesn't mean it will happen.

Dover have said they are considering not having children at games to maximise income! Their potential future fan base!

There will ultimately be people that are unhappy whatever the outcome but the club still have to survive and that's the main thing.
I don't want to live in your reality. Stuwfc or WokingSteve or Sunbrow's might be more appealing ;-)

Yes the club has to survive. It also need it's fans...from any background, any wealth. The club has done well out of us fans during this period already.

Cardinal96

Post by Cardinal96 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:22 pm

How about a limited number of 'Debenture' tickets, which might be the only way to guarantee access to every game for, say, the next 3 years. You might limit these to 2/300 and charge £1000+. If we need money upfront to sign players (do we?) then this would solve any cashflow issue. As usual with debentures, ticketholders would have the right to sell or give away any tickets they don't use, so unlike with season tickets, you can guarantee bums on seats for every match.

Then the remaining number of tickets (which might adapt as government advice changes) are sold a week in advance on a first-come first-served basis. More than fair.

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:53 pm

“ Bubble is irrelevant and a family of 4 take 4 spaces”
Surely they don’t expect the family to sit apart?
With booked seats you can get more people in by letting the families sit in a bunch with spacing around them.
Personally I’m not convinced why you can’t have people sat next to each other anyway, with an empty row in front

Cardinal96

Post by Cardinal96 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:17 am

Meerkat wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:53 pm
With booked seats you can get more people in by letting the families sit in a bunch with spacing around them.
Personally I’m not convinced why you can’t have people sat next to each other anyway, with an empty row in front
Look at the PDF in the OP meerkat, this is all explained with helpful diagrams. People within families/bubbles would not socially distance from one another, but they would need to remain 1m away from other families/bubbles.

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:38 am

Cardinal96 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:17 am
Meerkat wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:53 pm
Look at the PDF in the OP meerkat, this is all explained with helpful diagrams. People within families/bubbles would not socially distance from one another, but they would need to remain 1m away from other families/bubbles.
Which OP? I’m either blind or looking in the wrong place.
If that’s so then should be able to fit in quite a few more.

Cardinal96

Post by Cardinal96 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:26 pm

Meerkat wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:38 am
Which OP? I’m either blind or looking in the wrong place.
If that’s so then should be able to fit in quite a few more.
Sorry, not the OP. This link.

https://sgsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... rounds.pdf

The calculations mentioned already assume that families and bubbles will sit together.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:11 pm

The take up for season tickets is going to be also diminished by the new regulations in place.

I stand in a group of five who are joined by many others.
I’m not comfortable coming from a comparatively safer rural area,into what is now basically a superb of London to stand 2 metres away from my group with one of these bloody masks on.
The whole experience will I fear not be pleasant or comfortable.

Until I can attend in the normal manner,I doubt I’ll be coming back until I can.

Sadly.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:41 pm

Adrian wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:11 pm
Until I can attend in the normal manner,I doubt I’ll be coming back until I can.

Sadly.
It’s nice to get a little bit of good news in these dark times! 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Woking FC: Purveyors of outstanding highs and lows to me for 43 years.
Https://www.oldfootballgames.co.uk always looking to buy old football games.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:47 pm

Cardsfan wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:41 pm
Adrian wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:11 pm

Sadly.
It’s nice to get a little bit of good news in these dark times! 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
That’s five people, all lost income for the club, yeah hilarious mate.

And we will be just five of many, sadly.

Mr Jones

Post by Mr Jones » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:20 pm

If kids aren’t allowed to attend as per Dover’s bonkers idea then it would be a no for me. Going to watch Woking is very much something I enjoy sharing with my son. I can’t believe clubs will exclude their young fans. Besides, he spends more on concessions than I do!

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:32 pm

Appreciate it’s not for everyone, but I’ll be paying for my season ticket whatever happens. It’s felt like an obligation, rather than payment in exchange for entertainment, for so long, that it’s just what I’ll do.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:32 pm

stream stream stream stream stream.............. fuck sake BT Sport, National League etc... get with it, get out of your box and evolve.
This space intentionally left blank

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:08 pm

We will have to wait and see on the guidance. Does not look good at the moment.

Streaming has to be the way forward.

Nonsense Potter

Post by Nonsense Potter » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:20 pm

kansasCard wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:32 pm
stream stream stream stream stream.............. fuck sake BT Sport, National League etc... get with it, get out of your box and evolve.
Imagine the league would take the bulk of the income for this.

If the club could make it work, I’d pay the equivalent of a match day entrance fee if it meant we could survive the season.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team