Woking FC Commercial Update

kansasCard

Re: Woking FC Commercial Update

Post by kansasCard » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:36 pm

A general hats off to the commercial team for finding new ways to generate revenue. It's what they are there for and I'm thankful that the club is generating cash with the various incentives. On parking - existing parking space holders should certainly be given the chance to claim first. Provision to the highest bidder should come second to those who registered and waited a long time in some cases to get a spot in the car park. Life is certainly going to get more expensive and finding ways to cover or cut costs is always necessary. There will be a charge (plus VAT) for people to take a piss soon.
This space intentionally left blank

jonwoozley

Post by jonwoozley » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:41 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:29 pm
Because they get the worst full time players out there which equals 17th

Similar size?. 2,138 > 1,786.

Even Eastleigh averaged more than them
1786 x £350
v
2138 x £120
Dual meditates,
Non habetis argentum.

NeilC

Post by NeilC » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:53 pm

Ah good to to see thé wooze not using facts again

No way did either team sell that number of season tickets at those prices.

wokingsteve

Post by wokingsteve » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:56 pm

jonwoozley wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:41 pm
Kingfield Ender wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:29 pm
Because they get the worst full time players out there which equals 17th

Similar size?. 2,138 > 1,786.

Even Eastleigh averaged more than them
1786 x £350
v
2138 x £120
You got it Mr woozley cheap season tickets only work with 3x the crowd.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:52 am

Speaking of season tickets and pricing. I have been researching COVID compliant PPE, sanitiser, dispensers, signs and other associated items for our kids Sunday League team and cannot believe how much it will cost to become ‘Covid Compliant’

We haven’t a choice either as if we want to play the leagues and the cups then they have to be in place for us and the opposition.
I’m looking almost £1,000 for all the associated items and preparation and this is out door kids football.
It’s not in a stadium with ticket sales, programs, food and drink outlets, merchandise, stewarding, all those face to face dealings with the public. We don’t have First Aid responders who require extra provisions or physios or , or, or ... the list goes on.
Bloody Nora!!!!

If this is Sunday kids league prices, I expect there will be a significant jump in season ticket and pay on the day prices to cover it.
It has to come from somewhere and if we want to get back in then there is only one way.
I remember Insider suggesting a figure somewhere recently and that could well be about right.

I’m going for a lie down

James Wade

Post by James Wade » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:18 am

Spitfire wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:52 am
Speaking of season tickets and pricing. I have been researching COVID compliant PPE, sanitiser, dispensers, signs and other associated items for our kids Sunday League team and cannot believe how much it will cost to become ‘Covid Compliant’

We haven’t a choice either as if we want to play the leagues and the cups then they have to be in place for us and the opposition.
I’m looking almost £1,000 for all the associated items and preparation and this is out door kids football.
It’s not in a stadium with ticket sales, programs, food and drink outlets, merchandise, stewarding, all those face to face dealings with the public. We don’t have First Aid responders who require extra provisions or physios or , or, or ... the list goes on.
Bloody Nora!!!!

If this is Sunday kids league prices, I expect there will be a significant jump in season ticket and pay on the day prices to cover it.
It has to come from somewhere and if we want to get back in then there is only one way.
I remember Insider suggesting a figure somewhere recently and that could well be about right.

I’m going for a lie down
Just out of interest which league are you in?

My kids play in a Sunday league and we have had no contact regarding the need to spend this much money

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:14 am

James Wade wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:18 am
Spitfire wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:52 am

Bloody Nora!!!!

I’m going for a lie down

My kids play in a Sunday league and we have had no contact regarding the need to spend this much money
No nor us. None of the leagues Surrey Youth or Surrey Primary League have given us any information as yet as yet as they are all lead by the FA. It’s all come from the FA Grassroots directives that have been sent out to club representatives at all levels and are available on line.
As well as all the normal committee and management roles every club also has to have a COVID Officer at all levels to undertake risk assessments.
I spent the weekend reading the entire FA / National League directives and although most is common sense we should have had hammered home the last four months, there is a lot that will hit clubs quite hard.

James Wade

Post by James Wade » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:47 am

I take it the £1,000 figure is for the whole club though and not just for one team?

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:05 am

Spitfire wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:14 am
James Wade wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:18 am

No nor us. None of the leagues Surrey Youth or Surrey Primary League have given us any information as yet as yet as they are all lead by the FA. It’s all come from the FA Grassroots directives that have been sent out to club representatives at all levels and are available on line.
As well as all the normal committee and management roles every club also has to have a COVID Officer at all levels to undertake risk assessments.
I spent the weekend reading the entire FA / National League directives and although most is common sense we should have had hammered home the last four months, there is a lot that will hit clubs quite hard.
My son plays for Lyne and I spoke to the Chairman the other day about the costs of being compliant and he said he's spent 1000's. Even the cost of a decent bulk of Hand Sanitiser was in the hundreds. The club lost out on Subs money in April from everyone too, which would add up if you have a few teams!

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:04 pm

James Wade wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:47 am
I take it the £1,000 figure is for the whole club though and not just for one team?
I’m looking at my team but some of those alterations to facilities and buildings will benefit the club as a whole. There is also things like kit and equipment cannot be shared either so new sets of balls cones bibs (also can’t be swapped) training kit hurdles etc etc before you even look at PPE. Then there is sanitiser soaps masks shields i could go on but the list is endless. I’m sure the majority are bored already.
It’s not going to be a quick fix and will be ongoing for a while yet.
It has to be paid for somehow

Boyband

Post by Boyband » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:55 pm

Making stupid statements about parking in the street is not helpful. The development was refused for very valid reasons. We must move on from that and work with other groups to find an acceptable outcome.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:28 pm

top of the C wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:04 pm
Nonsense Potter wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:38 pm

How many times does the club do it’s best to ignore loyal fans over the opportunity to earn a little more for a short time? This must be the fifth or sixth time in the last 20 years.

Have a rethink. If existing people with spaces won’t pay the price, fair enough, but whilst I appreciate you didn’t think about pissing off loyal fans, you have the chance now to confirm you’ll guarantee places for people who had them last season. Quite why you’re not doing that is just strange.
NP is correct.
This seems a strange way to sell parking spaces. What proportion of Woking supporters actually read this forum? Are you writing to every season ticket holder? Are you planning any priority/loyalty for previous holders.
FYI, the stewards on the car park are always most thorough in validating entry. Problems only happen at big matches where, mysteriously, there seem to be more spaces allocated.
What proportion? 10% or less who really post and read thoroughly. The club has always given far too much weight to the views on here. Most of us, and I fully include myself, are far too opinionated and biased one way or another.

On the parking front, it is a big hike, and despite the convenience for some, and the necessity for others, it seems an excessive price. A good friend of mine is a Sutton United fan - £75 all in. No increase from last season. So, we are charging our fans over 3 times as much to park at the ground. They have more spaces in fairness from what I remember, and we all get the club trying to maximise revenue. Sutton also have a much superior bar serving proper beer...but I digress. I have not checked anywhere else.

The club has asked the fans to help out massively and we have responded, and look, we all understand it's a difficult time for the club, but is for almost everybody - including loyal fans.

Now, patiently awaiting season ticket pricing...

Perhaps at least a 10% discount for those renewing?

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:43 pm

Personally I would have the car park spaces auctioned off to the highest bidders.
There is free parking just over the road

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:57 pm

At the leisure centre? Not that is policed, but is football parking not really allowed? And it's only free for 3 hours, so you need to arrive gone 2 to be on the safe side, leave immediately after the game or possibly before the final whistle? If you drive just yourself, and not fussed about using the bar at all, I guess it could work...

NeilC

Post by NeilC » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:13 pm

Card Sharp wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:57 pm
At the leisure centre? Not that is policed, but is football parking not really allowed? And it's only free for 3 hours, so you need to arrive gone 2 to be on the safe side, leave immediately after the game or possibly before the final whistle? If you drive just yourself, and not fussed about using the bar at all, I guess it could work...
I always park there - usually arrive around 2.15 so time for a pint. It’s free for 3 hours and you can extend this for the sum of £1.30 by phone. No real hardship tbh

Insider

Post by Insider » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:31 pm

NeilC wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:13 pm
Card Sharp wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:57 pm
I always park there - usually arrive around 2.15 so time for a pint. It’s free for 3 hours and you can extend this for the sum of £1.30 by phone. No real hardship tbh
Well put....Though you just know £1.30 gonna be a problem for someone !!

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:06 pm

Yes, it is a problem for those who need to park at the ground, but have to pay more this season for the pleasure...

Why do the club not recommend parking at the Leisure Centre then?

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:36 pm

They do. It’s on all the match day literature, advertised on the website and provided to away clubs in the information they receive each year from the National League.

As for Sutton. They have a much more user friendly facility (I don’t like the word modern design as it’s not really) and (yuck) 3G pitch so generate substantial income from secondary pitch hire compared to ours which allows for other things to be subsidised. Not knocking them as it works for their business model but I’d rather we had grass as do the majority of WFC fans I believe.

Again it’s a problem of having a 98 year old footprint that never envisaged the amount of vehicles that would end up being used in the world.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:39 pm

Website says Heathside..

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:22 pm

Card Sharp wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:39 pm
Website says Heathside..
Could the commercial team not buy an old bus (there are many new ones available too for the argumentative among us) and do a shuttle?. Make Heathside the first and last drop with a couple in between. Charge a few quid for a return journey. 50 of your UK pounds for a season ticket or whatever. Maybe a volunteer to drive in exchange for free access to the home games? Dress it up in cardinal red and white.
This space intentionally left blank

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:36 pm

Would not get many on the bus with social distancing....

That is not the point, neither is Spitfire getting facts wrong again, and people parking at the leisure centre when they shouldn't...

Is the parking fee too high now? I accept the club has to make money. No issue with that.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:39 pm

Card Sharp wrote:
Website says Heathside..
Fair enough, it always used to and highlighted the 3 hour time limit. You only have to look at at any away team info that travel down to see that it’s there for all to see.
Not sure what else I’ve got wrong as you put it, was only trying to help you out but see you’ve returned to being Card Sharp as a marble again.
Can’t help some people.

Next...

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:50 pm

Spitfire wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:39 pm
Card Sharp wrote:
Website says Heathside..
Fair enough, it always used to and highlighted the 3 hour time limit. You only have to look at at any away team info that travel down to see that it’s there for all to see.
Not sure what else I’ve got wrong as you put it, was only trying to help you out but see you’ve returned to being Card Sharp as a marble again.
Can’t help some people.

Next...
Happy to oblige. Takes one to know one I guess.

Why would I look at at an away team's travel advice to Kingfield? Have better things to do, like being a marble.

So, question, should we park at the Leisure Centre? Why does the club not recommend it, if we can?

neverlostatwembley3

Post by neverlostatwembley3 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:08 pm

This has to be up there with one of the dullest threads ever on this forum. We desperately need a signing to distract us from the minutiae of parking.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:10 pm

Frankly who cares where you park. It’s really up to you isn’t it.
If you need a priority space at the ground and have previously had one, the club have stated they will oblige you as long as you let them know ASAP.
If you don’t want one then you can do what you like as the club won’t make anything out of it so why would they be bothered if you parked Heathside, leisure centre, Sportsbox or round the back of your mum (insert family/friend house here) like everyone else?

Just wait until you read the Covid advice for the national league this year and what you must do before entry and while in the ground. That’s really going to tip you over if this bothers you.