Re: Woking FC Commercial Update

Post by Spitfire » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:22 pm

Can parkinggate now be closed?

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:19 pm

Spitfire wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:10 pm
Frankly who cares where you park. It’s really up to you isn’t it.
If you need a priority space at the ground and have previously had one, the club have stated they will oblige you as long as you let them know ASAP.
If you don’t want one then you can do what you like as the club won’t make anything out of it so why would they be bothered if you parked Heathside, leisure centre, Sportsbox or round the back of your mum (insert family/friend house here) like everyone else?

Just wait until you read the Covid advice for the national league this year and what you must do before entry and while in the ground. That’s really going to tip you over if this bothers you.
I do not need a space. Genuinely interested in the Leisure Centre parking...I have purposefully not gone there as in the back of my mind the club advised against it and has officially recommended heathside for a while now. Not that I park there and park down Mount Hermon and walk down for the exercise.

As for the question about the increase in price, that is some increase as has been mentioned. One of the poor, though rare, decisions taken.

As for Covid, no issue with what that. I have to take things very seriously so may not even be able attend amy game this calendar year. Hopefully, I can in October or November. In fact, before the Dagenham game I was saying it should be called off whereas the majority on here argued otherwise. Our toilets usually have no soap and the trickle of water is cold!

Even if I cannot go this season, I will buy a season ticket. If I can go, I will also buy a Card's Card.

In Dowse we trust

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:39 pm

The club don’t advertise the leisure centre because it’s meant for people using the actual leisure centre (or the park) and not football fans. They don’t want more people than necessary knowing about it, which is the same reason they don’t advertise that there’s plenty of free street parking around too.

I always park near Mount Hermon road anyway and it’s usually quicker to get away by the time you’ve queued to get out and turn right.

This thread makes even the restructuring one on Non League Matters look dull.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:46 am

Red and White Army wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:39 pm
The club don’t advertise the leisure centre because it’s meant for people using the actual leisure centre (or the park) and not football fans. They don’t want more people than necessary knowing about it, which is the same reason they don’t advertise that there’s plenty of free street parking around too.

I always park near Mount Hermon road anyway and it’s usually quicker to get away by the time you’ve queued to get out and turn right.

This thread makes even the restructuring one on Non League Matters look dull.
Quite correct, the club advise supporters to use the Heathside car park if attending matches and not the Leisure centre car park.