thank you everyone for getting behind the shirt

rosemaryj

thank you everyone for getting behind the shirt

Post by rosemaryj » Sun May 17, 2020 5:22 pm

Thanks for all your support and especially to Sam, Steve and Nico for all their hard work and the supporters, management and players for all their tweets.
What a fantastic idea and response and now we await the shirts to see just who is under the armpits!
I love this club

Rosemary

celtic card

Re: thank you everyone for getting behind the shirt

Post by celtic card » Sun May 17, 2020 7:44 pm

Brilliant initiative by the club. Can’t wait to get my shirt. Thanks, and well done to all.

Stjohn

Post by Stjohn » Sun May 17, 2020 9:21 pm

This initiative will be looked on with admiration across the non league and football league. For so many reasons beyond the income it’s simply brilliant. The lift will give us a real bounce at the star of next season I have no doubt about that.

Great work by the club and all involved

RichTea

Post by RichTea » Sun May 17, 2020 9:58 pm

What was the final total?

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Sun May 17, 2020 10:40 pm

I never expected the figure to reach almost 1500. That's absolutely brilliant, and it's been really well advertised so well done to all involved!

Mr Jones

Post by Mr Jones » Sun May 17, 2020 10:45 pm

Whose idea was it? It was an absolute belter. It’ll be copied by loads of clubs next year.

Nico

Post by Nico » Sun May 17, 2020 11:21 pm

I think the main credit must go to Sam Loxton ( one of the Directors) and Steve Knight the Commercial director. Macron our kit suppliers have been great and are I believe the only ones who do this ( although others are beginning to catch on) and a few clubs have tried it out but we are early adopters! The shirts with names cost a little more to the club but its worth it once in a while.

Nearly 1500 names is, as you say terrific and the last few days have been manic. It's been great to see the videos and tweets from fans, players, ex players, families of former legends, 2 England internationals (!), a legendary commentator, a former Premier League manager, the creator of the Inbetweeners and who can forget the 'One and Only' !

The NHS third shirt was also a great idea and nice touch - like a few others have said some may have ended up spending a little more than they would normally!

Whatever happens in the next few months it has helped us stabilise the club and, when football reeemerges, hopefully kick on. It has also reminded us that football clubs are really about the people and community

As you say I am sure many clubs will pick up on the idea - its brilliant

H Card

Post by H Card » Mon May 18, 2020 6:34 am

Excellent work all, great to see the uptake as well. What is also positive is not only do the club make money on the names, but the amount of people buying shirts I imagine is huge compared to previous years which means more money in the cofffers for the coming months. Good work.

JAM

Post by JAM » Mon May 18, 2020 4:43 pm

fantastic work by everyone, from those at the club that thought of the idea, from the players for getting behind it, from those who contacted those not connected to the club to get involved, and of course for all the signatures on the shirt

Just hope that we can see it sooner rather than later

Baldman

Post by Baldman » Mon May 18, 2020 7:33 pm

I’d love to know which of the premium packages were bought and in what quantity. Understand if you can’t diwclose though

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Wed May 20, 2020 1:47 pm

with shirts needing to be tucked in - no doubt I'll be touching someones balls or worse
This space intentionally left blank