- Posts: 1270
- Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:53 pm
- Has thanked: 13 times
- Been thanked: 28 times
- Everyone at the club is healthy – nobody’s told him that they’re unwell. Close comms with players, speaks to Josh twice a day. Chairman hasn’t said anything about staff or players not being paid.
- At the minute the players are off. Due back on Tuesday unless he’s told differently. Have been given specific conditioning training to keep themselves in shape while they’re unable to train, and they’ll get fined if they don’t hit their required performance targets when they get back.
- Been at the ground every day trying to get their head around things. Impossible for anyone at the club to make statements as yet as the government hasn’t dictated what needs to be done yet.
- Club dealing with it very well, considering. Shows that we’ve run the club properly and within its means – “we haven’t got the big disaster that some clubs have got.” Non-contract players, no signing on fees, no agent fees, all that.
- Believes that the Football League should put its hand in its pocket, same for the government. If some clubs get more money than others, he will be seething. “Not our fault that some clubs are a million pounds in debt, and we don’t have any.”
- Believes the season will finish, as it’s what the PL and FL will do. Limit to finishing the season on June 1st has obviously been removed this week.
- Wonders if those at the top table in the Premier League will want those further down to do worse, as it could affect their viewing figures.
- If the league voids on April 3rd, all contracts are void. If the league restarts after part-time contracts run out on May 1st, we’ll technically have one player. “If I’ve got to start from scratch again I’ve got 150 targets”, but impossible to know where we are at the minute.
- Everyone digging in at the right time. Even Debs from the bar did her bit – “all this Guiness is going to go off!” “…it doesn’t have to all go off”
- D&R was called off incredibly late. “If it was anything else you’d have words, but Dagenham had their reasons.” “The National League were wrong.” Should’ve followed the Football League. If D&R had someone with symptoms they’ve done the right thing.
- "It's more than just a football club, this place. We attach ourselves to the people. They need us, we need them." Max has messaged Dowse and asked him if anything needs doing in the local community. Moussa living at Peter Jordan's and working at Boz's still - Dowse actually rang Boz to see if he needed anything to help deliver fruit to old ladies houses, all that.
- Glowing praise for Rosemary. Community minded, cares about the club. Good working relationship - "they know I won't ask for anything stupid, and there's not much they've said no to.
- Wants people to stay calm – more people die of flu every year, it’s just a question of getting something new and uncontained under control. Hugely critical of the "pathetic" stockpilers panicking and buying four loaves of bread, piles of toilet roll, leaving others bereft of things they need. "Nicking rolls of toilet roll from the local - you look at that and think 'you selfish- I won't finish that, I won't swear.'"
- Repeats his offer of help. If anybody wants help, message Dowse - staff and players would be more than happy to help out in the community. firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests
Cardsboard.co.uk is not an official message board of Woking Football Club or The Cards Trust, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Please be warned that some posts will contain swear words.
Vanarama National League Club Forums: Aldershot Town | Barnet | Barrow | Bromley | Chesterfield | Chorley | Dagenham & Redbridge | Dover Athletic | Eastleigh | Ebbsfleet United | FC Halifax Town | Harrogate Town | Hartlepool United | Maidenhead United | Notts County | Solihull Moors | Stockport County | Sutton United | Torquay United | Wrexham
Unofficial League Forums: The Conference Forum