Paul Hodges Whinging Timeline

Red and White Army

Paul Hodges Whinging Timeline

Post by Red and White Army » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:59 pm

29/02
“Disgraceful that I got sent off for dragging a player back with no intention of playing the ball”

13/03
“Disgraceful that we are being forced to play football! Can’t believe I’m being forced to go to work! Everything involving social contact should be stopped”

18/03
“Cancelling May/June exams? How fucking ludicrous. How dare these politicians, who’ve never taught a class, make this decision to limit social contact like I advised them to 5 days ago?”

Cardbourne

Re: Paul Hodges Whinging Timeline

Post by Cardbourne » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:08 pm

I like Hodgey, and I know as a teacher he will be passionate about exams being cancelled. But he's majorly gone back on himself there and looks a bit of a twat

DavetheBountyHunter

Post by DavetheBountyHunter » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:07 pm

Is there any content from the time he couldn’t get on the rides at Thorpe Park?
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Mr Jones

Post by Mr Jones » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:47 pm

Playing a contact sport like football is very different to kids taking exams in a controlled situation. The NEU weren't consulted before the decision to bin GCSEs and A-Levels was made which seems really odd.

Bit harsh on Hodgey.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Mr Jones wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:47 pm
Playing a contact sport like football is very different to kids taking exams in a controlled situation. The NEU weren't consulted before the decision to bin GCSEs and A-Levels was made which seems really odd.

Bit harsh on Hodgey.
They had no option but to cancel exams given pupils are likely to miss out on 2 months+ of lessons while schools are closed.

Having hundreds of people sat in an exam hall is definitely worse than running round outside with 23 other people.

Mr Jones

Post by Mr Jones » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:27 pm

Red and White Army wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:17 pm
Mr Jones wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:47 pm

Bit harsh on Hodgey.
They had no option but to cancel exams given pupils are likely to miss out on 2 months+ of lessons while schools are closed.

Having hundreds of people sat in an exam hall is definitely worse than running round outside with 23 other people.
They should have done most of the classroom learning by this point, between now and the exams should be fine tuning and revision. Given the technology available, an online solution for both learning and exams should feasibly be achievable.

All that said, I'm not saying that it would be the best course of action as the country has far more important things to worry about at the minute. i understand why exams have been cancelled. I'm just saying that I don't think Hodgey was unreasonable to express one opinion that he didn't really want to be exchanging sweat with other footballers whilst also expressing frustration that exams had been cancelled. We're being told to wash our hands as often as possible but a group of part time footballers were told that it was OK for them to tussle with each other for 90 minutes.

Josh Casey would've been fine though as he hits the deck every time someone breathes on him. Only kidding Josh!

flakey

Post by flakey » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:54 pm

Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:59 pm
29/02
“Disgraceful that I got sent off for dragging a player back with no intention of playing the ball”

13/03
“Disgraceful that we are being forced to play football! Can’t believe I’m being forced to go to work! Everything involving social contact should be stopped”

18/03
“Cancelling May/June exams? How fucking ludicrous. How dare these politicians, who’ve never taught a class, make this decision to limit social contact like I advised them to 5 days ago?”
Seriously are you really that much of a CAKE!!!

Take a serious look at yourself please

LGScard

Post by LGScard » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:41 am

Quite odd that this annoys you to be honest. Shall we start a Red and White Army whinging timeline as well?

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:31 am

"Man complains twice about global epidemic"

?????

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:58 am

flakey wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:54 pm
Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:59 pm
29/02

13/03

18/03
Seriously are you really that much of a CAKE!!!

Take a serious look at yourself please
OMG Flakey just said CAKE hahahahaha so funny!!! Remember when he said that in 1992?!?!?! hahahaha

"Cuuuuuunt" omg that's so hilarious hahahaha

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:59 am

Chobham Card wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:31 am
"Man complains twice about global epidemic"

?????
'Man complains social contact isn't being limited then complains when it is.'

Fixed that for you.