Paul Hodges Whinging Timeline

Red and White Army
Posts: 1721
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:53 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Paul Hodges Whinging Timeline

Post by Red and White Army » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:59 pm

29/02
“Disgraceful that I got sent off for dragging a player back with no intention of playing the ball”

13/03
“Disgraceful that we are being forced to play football! Can’t believe I’m being forced to go to work! Everything involving social contact should be stopped”

18/03
“Cancelling May/June exams? How fucking ludicrous. How dare these politicians, who’ve never taught a class, make this decision to limit social contact like I advised them to 5 days ago?”

Cardbourne
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Paul Hodges Whinging Timeline

Post by Cardbourne » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:08 pm

I like Hodgey, and I know as a teacher he will be passionate about exams being cancelled. But he's majorly gone back on himself there and looks a bit of a twat

DavetheBountyHunter
Posts: 2884
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:22 am
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 340 times

Re: Paul Hodges Whinging Timeline

Post by DavetheBountyHunter » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:07 pm

Is there any content from the time he couldn’t get on the rides at Thorpe Park?
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Mr Jones
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:06 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Paul Hodges Whinging Timeline

Post by Mr Jones » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:47 pm

Playing a contact sport like football is very different to kids taking exams in a controlled situation. The NEU weren't consulted before the decision to bin GCSEs and A-Levels was made which seems really odd.

Bit harsh on Hodgey.

Red and White Army
Posts: 1721
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:53 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Paul Hodges Whinging Timeline

Post by Red and White Army » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Mr Jones wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:47 pm
Playing a contact sport like football is very different to kids taking exams in a controlled situation. The NEU weren't consulted before the decision to bin GCSEs and A-Levels was made which seems really odd.

Bit harsh on Hodgey.
They had no option but to cancel exams given pupils are likely to miss out on 2 months+ of lessons while schools are closed.

Having hundreds of people sat in an exam hall is definitely worse than running round outside with 23 other people.

Mr Jones
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:06 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Paul Hodges Whinging Timeline

Post by Mr Jones » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:27 pm

Red and White Army wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:17 pm
Mr Jones wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:47 pm
Playing a contact sport like football is very different to kids taking exams in a controlled situation. The NEU weren't consulted before the decision to bin GCSEs and A-Levels was made which seems really odd.

Bit harsh on Hodgey.
They had no option but to cancel exams given pupils are likely to miss out on 2 months+ of lessons while schools are closed.

Having hundreds of people sat in an exam hall is definitely worse than running round outside with 23 other people.
They should have done most of the classroom learning by this point, between now and the exams should be fine tuning and revision. Given the technology available, an online solution for both learning and exams should feasibly be achievable.

All that said, I'm not saying that it would be the best course of action as the country has far more important things to worry about at the minute. i understand why exams have been cancelled. I'm just saying that I don't think Hodgey was unreasonable to express one opinion that he didn't really want to be exchanging sweat with other footballers whilst also expressing frustration that exams had been cancelled. We're being told to wash our hands as often as possible but a group of part time footballers were told that it was OK for them to tussle with each other for 90 minutes.

Josh Casey would've been fine though as he hits the deck every time someone breathes on him. Only kidding Josh!

flakey
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:01 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Paul Hodges Whinging Timeline

Post by flakey » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:54 pm

Red and White Army wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:59 pm
29/02
“Disgraceful that I got sent off for dragging a player back with no intention of playing the ball”

13/03
“Disgraceful that we are being forced to play football! Can’t believe I’m being forced to go to work! Everything involving social contact should be stopped”

18/03
“Cancelling May/June exams? How fucking ludicrous. How dare these politicians, who’ve never taught a class, make this decision to limit social contact like I advised them to 5 days ago?”
Seriously are you really that much of a CAKE!!!

Take a serious look at yourself please

LGScard
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:20 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Paul Hodges Whinging Timeline

Post by LGScard » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:41 am

Quite odd that this annoys you to be honest. Shall we start a Red and White Army whinging timeline as well?

Chobham Card
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:53 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Paul Hodges Whinging Timeline

Post by Chobham Card » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:31 am

"Man complains twice about global epidemic"

?????

Red and White Army
Posts: 1721
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:53 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Paul Hodges Whinging Timeline

Post by Red and White Army » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:58 am

flakey wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:54 pm
Red and White Army wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:59 pm
29/02
“Disgraceful that I got sent off for dragging a player back with no intention of playing the ball”

13/03
“Disgraceful that we are being forced to play football! Can’t believe I’m being forced to go to work! Everything involving social contact should be stopped”

18/03
“Cancelling May/June exams? How fucking ludicrous. How dare these politicians, who’ve never taught a class, make this decision to limit social contact like I advised them to 5 days ago?”
Seriously are you really that much of a CAKE!!!

Take a serious look at yourself please
OMG Flakey just said CAKE hahahahaha so funny!!! Remember when he said that in 1992?!?!?! hahahaha

"Cuuuuuunt" omg that's so hilarious hahahaha

Red and White Army
Posts: 1721
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:53 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Paul Hodges Whinging Timeline

Post by Red and White Army » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:59 am

Chobham Card wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:31 am
"Man complains twice about global epidemic"

?????
'Man complains social contact isn't being limited then complains when it is.'

Fixed that for you.


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Cardboard

Cardsboard.co.uk is not an official message board of Woking Football Club or The Cards Trust, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Please be warned that some posts will contain swear words.

Vanarama National League Club Forums: Aldershot Town | Barnet | Barrow | Bromley | Chesterfield | Chorley | Dagenham & Redbridge | Dover Athletic | Eastleigh | Ebbsfleet United | FC Halifax Town | Harrogate Town | Hartlepool United | Maidenhead United | Notts County | Solihull Moors | Stockport County | Sutton United | Torquay United | Wrexham

Unofficial League Forums: The Conference Forum

Other Links: Cards Trust - Boost the Budget | wokingfc.co.uk | Surrey Advertiser | Woking News and Mail | Woking FC Official Photo Gallery | BBC Sport - Woking | BBC Football Commentaries