5 Funniest things you've seen a Woking fan do

Kingfield Ender

5 Funniest things you've seen a Woking fan do

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:29 pm

As suggested by the Grumpy gnome

1. WHERE ARE MY STABILISERS ?Skippy falling off his bike outside the Kingfield gates. Utterly battered he decides to cycle home, gets on his bike and instantly stacks it without even pedalling, everyone around just fell to the floor in stiches

2. FLAKEDANCING - Can't remember which end of season do it was, but the Flakemeister got so pissed he collapsed on the dancefloor and then proceeded to entertain everyone around him with multiple attempts to get to his feet only to collapse again, all to the backdrop of a disco beat. Poor Julie

3. POWER HOUR FAIL - Martyn Mac at Luton away,. if you're gonna call it then deliver it. Not go large and then vomit all over the place much to everyone elses amusement

4. IF YOURE GOING LARGE GO EARLY - Garry Quinn at Morecambe away in 2006. Getting eaten alive by a 25 stone woman on the dancefloor while her husband bought us trays of shots as we all looked on. I think it may have been Darrren Garner who ran away from her

5. GO NUDE IF YOU HATE BOROUGH - Kingfield legend Shaun Lacey did exactly that at Ashford away in the FA Trophy in the late 90s.
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

David1

Re: 5 Funniest things you've seen a Woking fan do

Post by David1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:42 pm

Mr Lacey again. Hereford away. Don't remember which year but Patmore was playing. Arms spread wide, engages vocal chords and belts out "I was working as a cocktail in a waitress bar", volume turned up to 11.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:48 pm

I remember that, great version from him

darreng

Post by darreng » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:59 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:29 pm

4. IF YOURE GOING LARGE GO EARLY - Garry Quinn at Morecambe away in 2006. Getting eaten alive by a 25 stone woman on the dancefloor while her husband bought us trays of shots as we all looked on. I think it may have been Darrren Garner who ran away from her
Guilty, the men's bogs felt the safest place. I thought she demolished the tray of shots.

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:07 pm

In no particular order

- Plus one for Skippy falling off his bike. The funniest bit of was watching the light that he had on the front still flashing away as he lay prone in the hedge.
- Kingfield Ender emptying the bucket of ice over Millhouse in the bar after being told "You haven't got the balls to do that"
- Flakey running onto the pitch at St Albans whilst dressed as a schoolgirl and getting bummed by Baker in front of the away end
- The late Stephen Symington painting the walls in the toilets at Cambridge, followed closely by a female OAP saying to me "Why don't you lot just FUCK off"
- At St Albans whilst dressed as the Spotty Man from Superted, CardinalCannon solved the issue of us not being able to cross the road by simply strolling into the middle of it, putting his hand up to signal STOP at a bus and waved (amongst others) Buzz Lightyear, Super Squirrel, Wolverine, Desperate Dan, Mr Incredible and Batman across the road. The look on the face of the bus driver!!!
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:28 pm

That old lady at Cambridge !!
KN 'touch me'
Old lady 'why dont you all just fuck off'

vintage

skippy

Post by skippy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:57 pm

Cardinal Cannon in the gastropub in Cambridge where he decided to lean over the bar and take a few sips of the Landlords pint.
Rio getting into some random bloke's car after Brighton thinking it was a taxi.
KE wearing the pool table light on his head in the pub at Histon whilst declaring he owned the place.
Garden Gareth's Marcel Marceau impression at the pub in Dover.
Garden Gareth's failure get in to Dover because he was pissed, despite explaining they had to let him in so he could catch his train.

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:06 pm

skippy wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:57 pm
Cardinal Cannon in the gastropub in Cambridge where he decided to lean over the bar and take a few sips of the Landlords pint.
Rio getting into some random bloke's car after Brighton thinking it was a taxi.
KE wearing the pool table light on his head in the pub at Histon whilst declaring he owned the place.
Garden Gareth's Marcel Marceau impression at the pub in Dover.
Garden Gareth's failure get in to Dover because he was pissed, despite explaining they had to let him in so he could catch his train.
Big smile remembering those!! Rio in Brighton was absolutely phenomenal!

flakey

Post by flakey » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:27 pm

I am laughing at remembering all of these...

I probably have loads more but cunt remember

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:45 pm

another vote for Cambridge. Poor Steve.
I sure we also lost either KN or KE when we decided to leave the club and go on a pub crawl.
This space intentionally left blank

Rio

Post by Rio » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:14 pm

Kanu's Nan wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:07 pm
In no particular order

- Plus one for Skippy falling off his bike. The funniest bit of was watching the light that he had on the front still flashing away as he lay prone in the hedge.
- Kingfield Ender emptying the bucket of ice over Millhouse in the bar after being told "You haven't got the balls to do that"
- Flakey running onto the pitch at St Albans whilst dressed as a schoolgirl and getting bummed by Baker in front of the away end
- The late Stephen Symington painting the walls in the toilets at Cambridge, followed closely by a female OAP saying to me "Why don't you lot just FUCK off"
- At St Albans whilst dressed as the Spotty Man from Superted, CardinalCannon solved the issue of us not being able to cross the road by simply strolling into the middle of it, putting his hand up to signal STOP at a bus and waved (amongst others) Buzz Lightyear, Super Squirrel, Wolverine, Desperate Dan, Mr Incredible and Batman across the road. The look on the face of the bus driver!!!
He also went into the church and bellowed 'WE ARE THE CARDINALS!'

Plus two for Skippy falling off his bike, wasn't that my 21st? And Ednie getting thrown out of RSVP after chundering everywhere.

Duncan Biscuit

Post by Duncan Biscuit » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:59 pm

Who was it at Worcester City that dressed up as Lou and Andy, got in for free and then celebrated us scoring an early goal by jumping out of the chair and staging a pitch invasion?

They got chucked out when we scored again 10 minutes later.

BoingBoing

Post by BoingBoing » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:54 pm

Walshy jumping over the barrier at Underhill (I think!?)and chasing a player down the tunnel.

Alan Barnes nicking sicknotes wheelchair at the Hive , being pushed along behind the goal then having to sit in the disabled section as they didnt believe he wasnt disabled.

Big John Macenroy taking a chunk out of a pub wall in kettering while playing skittles

Stoo face planting the coach floor with his trousers round his knees and being taken home by Nico after Grimsby away in the trophy

.....I could go on....far too many good times

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:21 pm

Flakey behind the goal at Basingstoke in 2012 was pretty damn funny.

Has anyone got that photo of him on the pitch with 3/4 people behind him in the stand looking guilty as sin?

flakey

Post by flakey » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:58 pm

KT15 Card wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:21 pm

Has anyone got that photo of him on the pitch with 3/4 people behind him in the stand looking guilty as sin?
I'm fairly sure its somewhere on my facebook...probably David's got 1 as well.. he usually has x

LGScard

Post by LGScard » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:44 am

Wasn’t there a young lad at Macclesfield away who missed most of the 3-1 win (perhaps Inih 90th minute third goal aside) after a legendary Turner tour?

Seeing my mate sprint on the pitch with the banana At Maidenhead, having been to about two games in his life, was good fun!

Perth Card

Post by Perth Card » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:12 am

The guy at Worcester City away in the Conference South just over 10 years ago (2-0 up and lost 2-3 from memory) who was in a wheelchair pretending to be the guy from Little Britain (he looked at lot like him!). Gez scored and he jumped out of his wheelchair, jumped the barrier, ran around the goalmouth, climbed back over the barrier and calmly sat down in his wheelchair. He didn't even get kicked out as the steward didn't know what to make of it all. He even had a David Walliams look-a-like pushing him around the ground. My Dad and I still laugh about it now. Hat's off to you Sir!

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:32 am

Bloke who got chucked out at FGR and went up the hill with the sheep to keep watching.

DavetheBountyHunter

Post by DavetheBountyHunter » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:37 am

Meerkat wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:32 am
Bloke who got chucked out at FGR and went up the hill with the sheep to keep watching.
Tommy something. Played a few games for the supporters team, barely spoke a word and then did that. IIRC he’d cycled there too. Mental.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:39 am

Perth Card wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:12 am
The guy at Worcester City away in the Conference South just over 10 years ago (2-0 up and lost 2-3 from memory) who was in a wheelchair pretending to be the guy from Little Britain (he looked at lot like him!). Gez scored and he jumped out of his wheelchair, jumped the barrier, ran around the goalmouth, climbed back over the barrier and calmly sat down in his wheelchair. He didn't even get kicked out as the steward didn't know what to make of it all. He even had a David Walliams look-a-like pushing him around the ground. My Dad and I still laugh about it now. Hat's off to you Sir!
That's pretty much it - although they tried to throw him out. Two stewards had him by the feet as he tried to get back over the fence, three or four Woking fans had him by the arms/upper body, and then came the incredible cry in the direction of the steward of "f*** off mate, he's disabled!"

Brilliant. Can't believe I forgot that!

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:40 am

KT15 Card wrote:

Those were the days of the 'pitch fund' - keep dropping pound coins over the edge of the permiter fence until there was too much cash there for someone to turn down and on they went! I think at Weston-Super-Mare there was about £25 before someone went for it during a break in play!

David1

Post by David1 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:06 pm

flakey wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:58 pm
KT15 Card wrote:

I'm fairly sure its somewhere on my facebook...probably David's got 1 as well.. he usually has x
Got to do this one at a time.

ImageBasaF1 by David Holmes, on Flickr

David1

Post by David1 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:09 pm

David1 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:06 pm
flakey wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:58 pm

Got to do this one at a time.

ImageBasaF3 by David Holmes, on Flickr

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:13 pm

Was it Growler who almost got into a punch up with Baker after we got stuffed at Staines?
This space intentionally left blank

David1

Post by David1 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:17 pm

Perth Card wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:12 am
ImageD30_9319 by David Holmes, on Flickr