Wall-the complete player

Texas Dave

Re: Wall-the complete player

Post by Texas Dave » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:19 pm

kansasCard wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:30 pm
I'm happy that we signed him, people were calling for an option to push Hyde and we have one. I don't know what tactics or style of play suits him but I'm sure all the ducks will fall correctly soon. There's a list of players as long as your arm that went on to do far better than we would credit them for based on performances at Woking. Hopefully Dowse will give him a fair chance and not tinker too much.
Having just watched the highlights and yes I know these can sometimes be misleading I think that on another night he could have got a hat trick, granted it was only Dorking but I would expect him to get at least 6 before the end of the season if given a fair run. Confidence is paramount to ANY striker and probably so does fitness so lets just see shall we.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:31 pm

I think we all agree that Wall needs time. He is not match sharp or match fit from what I have seen. I appreciate that it is not common for someone to come in and hit the ground running, but he looks a little off the pace.

Yes, let us just give him a chance....I will support any player. I rarely am negative at a game...certainly not loud and directly to our players. On here, a different story...but this is where I would like to think the club will take little notice of criticisms of players and managers and tactics. Clearly they do. And they should not really. What percentage of fans post on here? And those of us that do are much more likely to be more positive or more negative.

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:46 pm

Perth Card wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:45 pm
Warren Patmore, that brings back memories. That guy could hold up and control an incoming tank shell. And he didn't seem to be offside half the time.
loved Warren Patmore. Away at FGR one year he was getting dogs abuse for being overweight. He scored and subsequently pulled up his shirt to reveal washboard abs that a washboard would have been proud of.
This space intentionally left blank

wokingsteve

Post by wokingsteve » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:56 pm

If defenders get distracted and told to mark the big lad. Hopefully Dowse starts to
play Tarps in his best position and he finds more space between the posts not wasted out wide.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:45 pm

kansasCard wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:46 pm
Perth Card wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:45 pm
Warren Patmore, that brings back memories. That guy could hold up and control an incoming tank shell. And he didn't seem to be offside half the time.
loved Warren Patmore. Away at FGR one year he was getting dogs abuse for being overweight. He scored and subsequently pulled up his shirt to reveal washboard abs that a washboard would have been proud of.
I remember Macc fans chanting "you fat bastard" at Chris Arthur despite him being built like a 100m runner.

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:12 pm

Red and White Army wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:45 pm
I remember Macc fans chanting "you fat bastard" at Chris Arthur despite him being built like a 100m runner.
Has DaveTheBountyHunter taken over your account?

Arthur was also vegan before it was fashionable.

David1

Post by David1 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:57 pm

And drove a Smart Car IIRC.

10 years ahead etc.

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:34 pm

Nick wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:12 pm
Red and White Army wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:45 pm

he just played football like a fat bastard. Shame he never played like Jon Parkin tho.
This space intentionally left blank

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:20 am

kansasCard wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:34 pm
Nick wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:12 pm

he just played football like a fat bastard. Shame he never played like Jon Parkin tho.
Seeing Parkin score goals for fun most of his career makes you think what he could have actually achieved with a bit more fitness. Same with Steve McNulty.