Frustrating watching us fade away

Card Sharp

Re: Frustrating watching us fade away

Post by Card Sharp » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:11 am

Just because he gets criticised, does not mean he is not supported. Someone mentioned Dowse being thin skinned, well a lot of posters on here are just as much if you post negatively.

I have stated on the record that I like Dowse, I want him to stay. But I am far from happy with our current form, ...and in fact our form since the first 8 games and over promises, perhaps the Friday Catch ups should not stop but be a little less heart on sleeve. There is lots to admire about Dowse, in particular what he does off the pitch. As the title of this thread states, it is frustrating at the moment especially. Style of play is not good and not getting results. Limbrick fully fresh in the mind. Dowse is no Limbrick, but just staying up this season and meandering to the end of the season will do damage. What everyone needs to understand is that it is not the posters on here who need convincing....it is those who do not, but come every week. It is those who come every now and then. If you are a floating fan, and by good we need them, if you had been to any of the games over Xmas, you would not rush to come back.

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:43 am

Adrian wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:26 am
Spitfire wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:01 pm
Fans Forum should be a good turn out at this rate.

In the red corner..........
The usual Suspects will be there.

Those that have lots to say and want Dowse’s sacking won’t have the balls to turn up and front him out.

No Keyboard and Pen Name too hide behind.
I thought it was for "improving the atmosphere". are people seriously going to waste their evening going to that?

DavetheBountyHunter

Post by DavetheBountyHunter » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:54 am

I don’t think I’ve been to a Fans Forum since David Taylor mandated them (first time around) every few weeks and we consistently got told nothing that hadn’t already been announced. Massive waste of time IMO.

That said, I think this latest suggestion is a bigger waste of time. There’s no way Stu, Harland, Cardsharp or any of the others will go and say anything face to face with the manager. That’s not how they operate. It’ll be a dozen people in the bar asking about new signings and won’t achieve anything.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:27 am

Adrian wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:26 am
Spitfire wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:01 pm
Fans Forum should be a good turn out at this rate.

In the red corner..........
The usual Suspects will be there.

Those that have lots to say and want Dowse’s sacking won’t have the balls to turn up and front him out.

No Keyboard and Pen Name too hide behind.
What a strange attitude! Why would they want to ‘front him out’? Has anyone proposed his sacking?
This is a discussion board, we discuss our opinions on what is wrong. Dowson clearly reads or gets fed the criticisms so he knows what we think (and hopefully he really doesn’t need fans to point out what is going wrong).
Personally I don’t see what can be gained in a public forum, particularly as Dowson is heading for Cockerill levels of chippiness.
If someone asks “why do you play X - he’s rubbish” I would really hope that Dowson wouldn’t be honest but would back his player in public whatever.

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:31 am

Adrian wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:42 am
Meerkat wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:56 pm

Doesn’t take long to forget? You seem to have already forgotten the change of mood and ‘generally upbeat feel about the place’ that Limbrick brought at the start, also by connecting with fans etc. He also had a group of adoring sycophants who were blinded to the underlying issues by excellent early results.....before it all fell apart.

You can play entertaining football and lose
You can play dour football and eke out some results
If you play dour football and keep losing miserably the natives get restless.

We need something to improve before ST renewal starts or Dowson’s budget is only going to go one way and the spiral begins.
I am not suggesting a new manager, I hate losing managers, but the current situation is not acceptable and has to improve.
So what are you suggesting?
I would suggest we concentrate on finding a creative midfielder rather than more strikers or average midfielders for a start.
In the meantime that squad is decent enough, but isn’t performing as well as it could. And some of the goals have been basic stuff that needs coaching.
What’s Matt Crossley up to these days - it was him that gave us a run of decent centrebacks wasn’t it?

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:19 pm

It is pathetic. Who wants Dowse out? Not sure even Stu does really.

I do not often agree with Meerkat, but nail on head there.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:09 pm

The forum will end up like ‘engagement surveys’ do at work.

“Yeah that’s good feedback we’ll look in to it” then nothing happens of it.

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:27 pm

Fans Forums reached their peak and subsequently should have been retired, when Italian Bruno opened a question to Cockerill with "Now, Glenn, you know I don't like you"
self appointed protector of the downtrodden

Stuwfc

Post by Stuwfc » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:42 pm

Card Sharp wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:19 pm

No I don’t want him out at all ! Who else could do better with one hand tied behind his back . Dowes knows half our squad isn’t good enough but can’t do anything about it as the money’s been put aside for more giant posters of the new ground

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:54 pm

Kanu's Nan wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:27 pm
Fans Forums reached their peak and subsequently should have been retired, when Italian Bruno opened a question to Cockerill with "Now, Glenn, you know I don't like you"
That was brilliant, though to be pedantic wasn’t it “Now Glenn, you know I have no time for you...but....”

The ever chippy Cockerill then went off into one about Italians changing sides and stuff.

doylie

Post by doylie » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:18 pm

It was a golden moment, I love Bruno.

It reminds me of the time when Bruno unfortunately tripped and fell whilst walking along the front of the KRE, he cut his head and was bleeding quite badly. The St Johns Ambulance bloke quickly ran over to his aid and was shouting at Bruno “Where are you bleeding from, where are you bleeding from?”

Giuseppe calmly replied “I’mar from Sicily innit”.
Memories of the past, visions of the future.
https://twitter.com/cardinal_tales

Wafflebutt

Post by Wafflebutt » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:53 pm

Stuwfc wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:42 pm
Card Sharp wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:19 pm

No I don’t want him out at all ! Who else could do better with one hand tied behind his back . Dowes knows half our squad isn’t good enough but can’t do anything about it as the money’s been put aside for more giant posters of the new ground
After the Wrexham game I'm pretty sure you started a thread about dowes (as you put it) out.

Do you, meerkat and cardsharp get together to come up with this shit or do you just make it up as you go along?

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:15 am

Wafflebutt wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:53 pm
Stuwfc wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:42 pm

After the Wrexham game I'm pretty sure you started a thread about dowes (as you put it) out.

Do you, meerkat and cardsharp get together to come up with this shit or do you just make it up as you go along?
What shit? That I want Dowse to stay? That I think we have been poor for a long time and the signs were there even in the first 8 games?

It is great we are mid table with a chance of the play offs although our form needs to improve, and if not we will slide down the table and crowds will dwindle.

But, we are apparently going to be the highest placed part time team....wow...above, what Chorley and Maidenhead? I am all for success but this feels like clutching.

Cornwall Card

Post by Cornwall Card » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:43 pm

harland wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:48 am
your spot on Curraycard and Kingfield Ender
i agree with everything you say
i hate the Dowson interviews they are a load of useless waffle
i for one hope we have a new manager next season
but realize we won't of course
as i can only see us going one way under dowson and that's down
we have some really good games coming up
but with such a non creative midfield and still no proper right back
i think points will be hard to come by.
we have and still play like the Away team every game
and the league has sussed us out
What don't you like about an interviewee that is mostly funny, informative, and lays it on the line?
If there was an insight to how a manager thinks, it's Dowse's interviews.
What would you prefer: cliché and manager-speak?
And what new manager would you like at a part-time club that's 10th in the table, and arguably six points from being in the same division next season?
I'll have £50 with you now, Woking do not get relegated this campaign as you assert in line five. Happy to have our wagers placed with a neutral.
As the great WC Fields once said: 'Never give a sucker an even break'.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:56 pm

Cornwall Card wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:43 pm
harland wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:48 am
your spot on Curraycard and Kingfield Ender
i agree with everything you say
i hate the Dowson interviews they are a load of useless waffle
i for one hope we have a new manager next season
but realize we won't of course
as i can only see us going one way under dowson and that's down
we have some really good games coming up
but with such a non creative midfield and still no proper right back
i think points will be hard to come by.
we have and still play like the Away team every game
and the league has sussed us out
I'll have £50 with you now, Woking do not get relegated this campaign as you assert in line five. Happy to have our wagers placed with a neutral.
As the great WC Fields once said: 'Never give a sucker an even break'.
Giving some £50 at evens when the real odds are 33-1. Not sure I would bet with you...

MattA

Post by MattA » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:03 pm

Kanu's Nan wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:27 pm
As far as I can recall, Cockerill opted to go for casual xenophobia, as his response of choice.
Making some reference to Italian military prowess, in response to the accusation that he was negative in his tactics

Stjohn

Post by Stjohn » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:40 pm

The season has far from gone yet.

Two points off the play offs, all to play for now.

Massive game tomorrow

#COYC

FanFromThe90s

Post by FanFromThe90s » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:17 pm

I see why people are frustrated at the moment, but if you judge the season as a whole then it’s tough not to see how well we’ve done. The aim for most was survival this year. And we’re ahead of target to achieve that. Yes we’ve had some bad results, some poor performances and some misjudged tactics, but the positives have outweighed the negatives.
We’re a part time team in a full time league with a few starting players who can’t play on certain surfaces. We’ve got a manager who speaks his mind and talks to the fans, we have an assistant manager who is the voice of football and has more contacts than anyone else in his position in this league (I assume).
Personally I’m enjoying the ride, loving the attitudes from players and staff most of the time, and happy we’re not in a relegation dogfight (yet).