What’s happened to Reggie?

Viking Card

Re: What’s happened to Reggie?

Post by Viking Card » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:13 pm

wokingcardinal wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:56 pm
Viking Card wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:17 am

So two players go on to make good solid league careers for themselves yet according to you they were ‘poor’ and ‘very ordinary’ ?

You might need to review your willingness to comment on this forum and on football in general, as you’re embarrassing yourself.
Its all about opinions....
To an extent yes, but that particular opinion is utter nonsense. So I thought I’d treat as such.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:40 pm

Viking Card wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:13 pm
wokingcardinal wrote:

To an extent yes, but that particular opinion is utter nonsense. So I thought I’d treat as such.
Both those players weren't great for us, so based on what we all saw it was factual.

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:43 pm

wokingcardinal wrote:
Viking Card wrote:

So two players go on to make good solid league careers for themselves yet according to you they were ‘poor’ and ‘very ordinary’ ?

You might need to review your willingness to comment on this forum and on football in general, as you’re embarrassing yourself.
True it is all about opinions ... but Jack King and Ollie Palmer both with something like 180 football league appearances each- suggests that they may just be a little better than the average bear. Not everyone who leaves Woking is shit.
This space intentionally left blank

Viking Card

Post by Viking Card » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:48 pm

wokingcardinal wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:40 pm
Viking Card wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:13 pm

Both those players weren't great for us, so based on what we all saw it was factual.
Jack King wasn’t great no? Well you can go and climb in the same dustbin as your mate then.

As for Palmer, he showed a great deal of promise but chose to move on. He’s subsequently made a decent career in the lower leagues and scored goals.

Tuna.

London_Card

Post by London_Card » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:15 pm

Jack King was quality for us I seem to remember

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Some people on here claimed Joe Ward wasn’t good so it’s difficult to trust anyone’s opinion on a player after they leave.

Luxembourg Card

Post by Luxembourg Card » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:50 pm

Red and White Army wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:40 pm
Some people on here claimed Joe Ward wasn’t good so it’s difficult to trust anyone’s opinion on a player after they leave.

Wasn't it something along the lines of an over rated show pony? 60 games for a decent league 1 team may dispute that opinion.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:52 pm

Viking Card wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:48 pm
wokingcardinal wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:40 pm

Jack King wasn’t great no? Well you can go and climb in the same dustbin as your mate then.

As for Palmer, he showed a great deal of promise but chose to move on. He’s subsequently made a decent career in the lower leagues and scored goals.

Tuna.
That's right he wasn't great he was good for one season so not really sure why you getting so tetchy about it.

As for Palmer I think his record with us says it all really, but hey I'm guessing he must be your mate or something as that seems to be your rationale.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:54 pm

kansasCard wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:43 pm
wokingcardinal wrote:

True it is all about opinions ... but Jack King and Ollie Palmer both with something like 180 football league appearances each- suggests that they may just be a little better than the average bear. Not everyone who leaves Woking is shit.
I agree and neither of them are shit at all.

Stjohn

Post by Stjohn » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Viking Card wrote:
Stjohn wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:46 pm
I always thought Ollie Palmer and Liam Marum were poor but they seemed to keep getting new clubs and league football for Palmer!

Even Jack King got a league move and he looked very ordinary and by no means a stand out player in the side he played in

Jack King was decent but not a stand out player that season in that side but has gone on to do well. Good luck to him.

From what I saw of Palmer he didn’t look as good as other players I have seen come through the ranks. Just my opinion.

For what it’s worth I am one of those on here that will back a player rather than slate them when they move on.

FWIW I haven’t embarrassed myself with my opinion.

Got to love this board sometimes 👍😉😉😉

LGScard

Post by LGScard » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:03 pm

IIRC, Jack King was tearing the Conference South a new one until Mark Ricketts broke his leg and his role in the midfield changed. Some of the highlights from the early games that season show how dominant he was.

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:36 pm

We had a team of stand out players that season. Jack King was immense! Very much deserving a league club. He was at Farnborough the season before and thought he was the exact type of player we needed. Ollie Palmer never quite showed his best for us, mixture of many things really, but has done well.

Stjohn

Post by Stjohn » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:20 pm

From the first time I saw the likes of Jack Marriott, Harry Arter, Joe McNerney, Joe Ward, Jake Caprice, Paris Cowan Hall, Marvin Morgan, Dan Holman, Billy Knott they all looked like they had what it takes to go up a level or more and they have. Most people would probably agree!

I saw more in those players in their time with us than I ever did in Marum, King or Palmer. Fair play to King and Palmer they’ve developed, improved and had very good careers and clearly had talent.

You can’t always tell who will go on to play at a higher level as you don’t see the full talent that exists in training. Reggie has every chance to have a top career

👏

Stjohn

Post by Stjohn » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:24 pm

Card Sharp wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:36 pm
We had a team of stand out players that season. Jack King was immense! Very much deserving a league club. He was at Farnborough the season before and thought he was the exact type of player we needed. Ollie Palmer never quite showed his best for us, mixture of many things really, but has done well.
King was decent. I do recall quite a few naysayers on here at the time being shocked by his move to a league club though. Was it Preston he went to or Tranmere? Then on to Stevenage

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:08 am

Stjohn wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:20 pm
From the first time I saw the likes of Jack Marriott, Harry Arter, Joe McNerney, Joe Ward, Jake Caprice, Paris Cowan Hall, Marvin Morgan, Dan Holman, Billy Knott they all looked like they had what it takes to go up a level or more and they have. Most people would probably agree!

I saw more in those players in their time with us than I ever did in Marum, King or Palmer. Fair play to King and Palmer they’ve developed, improved and had very good careers and clearly had talent.

You can’t always tell who will go on to play at a higher level as you don’t see the full talent that exists in training. Reggie has every chance to have a top career

👏
Marriott in his first and second spells yes. I definitely had my doubts after his 3rd loan spell with us that he would make it higher up. Definitely proven wrong with that one!

Out of all our players in the last 10 years or so I would have said Billy Knott would play at the highest level. Bit of a shame, he’s had other issues though obviously.

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:37 pm

Stjohn wrote:

👏
your not really comparing apples with apples here St John. Jack King was at Didcot then Farnie before coming to Woking and then making it in the football league. Marriott was already at Ipswich. Knott started at Sunderland then loaned at Wimbledon. Paris was already on the books at Portsmouth.
Arter was on the books at Charlton. I'll give you Morgan and Holman. Ward was at Brighton. Caprice was at Palace and Blackpool. So the majority had already shown potential and were already at bigger clubs being loaned out. I'm not surprised they looked better than King Palmer etc
This space intentionally left blank

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:57 pm

If you saw little in Jack King then I'm sorry, you don't really have an appreciation of football.

Stjohn

Post by Stjohn » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:23 pm

kansasCard wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:37 pm
Stjohn wrote:

👏
your not really comparing apples with apples here St John. Jack King was at Didcot then Farnie before coming to Woking and then making it in the football league. Marriott was already at Ipswich. Knott started at Sunderland then loaned at Wimbledon. Paris was already on the books at Portsmouth.
Arter was on the books at Charlton. I'll give you Morgan and Holman. Ward was at Brighton. Caprice was at Palace and Blackpool. So the majority had already shown potential and were already at bigger clubs being loaned out. I'm not surprised they looked better than King Palmer etc
And Joe McNerney 😉

Stjohn

Post by Stjohn » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:31 pm

Card Sharp wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:57 pm
If you saw little in Jack King then I'm sorry, you don't really have an appreciation of football.
I didn’t watch every single game that season, bu5 did all homes and it’s @ few years ago. I haven’t said he wasn’t any good I just 5hought there players that stood out more which there were. Wasn’t that the season of Aswad Thomas and Ricky Annae super full backs.i actually liked King in fact I bet if you went back through this forum there will be posts where I praise him while I do recall quite a few didn’t.

I’m guessing by saying I liked Thomas and Anane I’m again showing I don’t appreciate football! 😉

RICKETTS and Arter were a joy to watch back then too 👍👍

Card Sharp

Post by Card Sharp » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:09 pm

Stjohn wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:31 pm
Card Sharp wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:57 pm
I didn’t watch every single game that season, bu5 did all homes and it’s @ few years ago. I haven’t said he wasn’t any good I just 5hought there players that stood out more which there were. Wasn’t that the season of Aswad Thomas and Ricky Annae super full backs.i actually liked King in fact I bet if you went back through this forum there will be posts where I praise him while I do recall quite a few didn’t.

I’m guessing by saying I liked Thomas and Anane I’m again showing I don’t appreciate football! 😉

Thomas and Anane were good. Wrong season with King. Newton was right back. Left back, Cestor? Duncan? After, season before King. Ricketts, only half that season. Poor effort Stjohn

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:05 am

King was the opposition player that really stood out too me when he played against us.

Gary also thought so and went and signed him.

King and Newton were massive improvements on an already decent side.

TBf to Palmer, he’s proved a lot of us wrong and made a living out of playing at a decent level.

Good luck to him.

Stjohn

Post by Stjohn » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:49 pm

Card Sharp wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:09 pm
Stjohn wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:31 pm

Thomas and Anane were good. Wrong season with King. Newton was right back. Left back, Cestor? Duncan? After, season before King. Ricketts, only half that season. Poor effort Stjohn
I’m not a ‘super fan’😉Always rated Charlie Carter too lad has done well 👏👏

evrclear

Post by evrclear » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:21 pm

Adz

Post by Adz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:25 pm

Article says no compensation for Woking if he moves to Scotland. Balls

Kanu's Nan

Post by Kanu's Nan » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:55 pm

Adz wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:25 pm
Article says no compensation for Woking if he moves to Scotland. Balls
If you google the author's name alongside "Reggie Young" these are the top three articles:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/05/k ... gie-young/
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/02/21/p ... ger-young/
https://www.footballinsider247.com/excl ... -attacker/

Two of those are self-explanatory, but just for clarity the "17 goal assist attacker" is, you've guessed it, Reggie Young.
self appointed protector of the downtrodden