Kingfield Ender

Re: What’s happened to Reggie?

Post by Kingfield Ender » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:11 am

Would imagine his agent is currently pimping him out to Serie A Clubs
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

mussy

Post by mussy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:34 am

I hope we see him play again for Woking.

DavetheBountyHunter

Post by DavetheBountyHunter » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:02 am

Whilst he got decent reports from Farnborough, that’s quite a few levels below where we’ll be playing next season. I’d love it if he signs on and becomes a success, but I often felt that people were watching a different player to me in some games. An excellent impact sub against tired legs, but looked a long way short when starting a handful of times. Movement and delivery needed a lot of work.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

WFC96

Post by WFC96 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:07 am

Quite often too quick for his own good as well. Seemed to leave the ball behind a few times.

darreng

Post by darreng » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:07 am

DavetheBountyHunter wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:02 am
Whilst he got decent reports from Farnborough, that’s quite a few levels below where we’ll be playing next season. I’d love it if he signs on and becomes a success, but I often felt that people were watching a different player to me in some games. An excellent impact sub against tired legs, but looked a long way short when starting a handful of times. Movement and delivery needed a lot of work.
Agree with that. However, I would still want him to resign and spend next year in the South and see how ready he is after that.

Like CHC, that may stop him signing on again.

London_Card

Post by London_Card » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:13 am

Exactly the sort of wide player we are currently light on so would certainly welcome him back if he fails to get a deal elsewhere

Chobham Card

Post by Chobham Card » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:29 am

If he couldn't get in the team in the National South, he's not going to in the National Prem. Pace is obviously a danger and I really rate his dribbling, but I also thought that his defensive work rate, decision-making, and arguably his crossing all looked a bit raw. Taking the piss out of part-time right backs when you're brought on in the 75th minute is one thing, but trying to penetrate a well-drilled full-time defence is another.

As others have said, I think a loan into the National South would be best. No idea if he's got the patience or inclination for that, and might look to a full-time club that could offer him that move anyway to aid his development.

oakie

Post by oakie » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:34 am

I'd rather have Hodges as the tricky impact sub option - for me, a lot of hype around Reggie, over a handful of cameo's against part-time players at levels way below those needed on a regular basis this coming season. Why would we sign him only to then loan out to NLS? File under not suitable for this years challenge and let him find a deal elsewhere.

FanFromThe90's

Post by FanFromThe90's » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:37 am

I really hope he resigns. He's very young and clearly needs to develop some aspects of his game, but he has bags of potential. I'd love to see us give him a good go in the side.
If we don't people opportunities to shine and progress then they never will. Some will work, others won't. I think Reggie would be a huge asset.

things like work-rate and decision making can all come with experience. Pace and dribbling don't come cheap. He's got those 2 in abundance.

Get him in Dowse!

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:14 pm

no place for sentiment in the National, probably no space in the squad or the budget. Hope he does well.
This space intentionally left blank

TWR

Post by TWR » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:11 am
Was going to comment similar! Dowse mentioned a number of times in updates about agents asking for money for players. The last person who Dowse called out for agents being involved was Reggie too...
"Nunca Dejes De Creer..."

Sunbrow

Post by Sunbrow » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:20 pm

Some highlights of him last season he looked very good, saw him in the final game at Weymouth and he was anonymous. Loads of promise and lets hope other clubs don't benifit. Give him a game in our pre season games to see if that potential can be a help to us this season.

Waverley

Post by Waverley » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:25 pm

TWR wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:08 pm
Kingfield Ender wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:11 am
Was going to comment similar! Dowse mentioned a number of times in updates about agents asking for money for players. The last person who Dowse called out for agents being involved was Reggie too...
This issue aside if possible; I would have thought we would have been keener to keep our younger players onboard for longer even if they didn't tear the league up in their brief spells in the first team to date. Some of those that came in and played in positions ahead of CHC and RY last season were bloody woeful.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:36 pm

oakie wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:34 am
I'd rather have Hodges as the tricky impact sub option - for me, a lot of hype around Reggie, over a handful of cameo's against part-time players at levels way below those needed on a regular basis this coming season. Why would we sign him only to then loan out to NLS? File under not suitable for this years challenge and let him find a deal elsewhere.
Agree with this - he just looked like a worse version of Hodges to me. And even Hodges won’t be getting that much game time this season I imagine.

KRE_Matt

Post by KRE_Matt » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:40 pm

He spent most of last season on loan, despite doing little wrong, including during our poor patch when we sold Loza and Edser left.

I doubt he'd be massively interested in re-signing to be honest.

MichaelOwen

Post by MichaelOwen » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:46 pm

Everyone’s quick to say he wasn’t good enough, but he was only given a few chances to start, considering it was his first season of men’s football! Can’t understand why people aren’t bothered if the young academy players stay or not, our academy is constantly producing very talented players. Joe Mac, Charlie Carter, Lazar- all now playing at football league clubs. With the likes of Skinner coming through as well I think the academy players should be given more of a chance. Especially when we then get loan players in, to play in their positions, who are complete dogshite.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:01 am

MichaelOwen wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:46 pm
Everyone’s quick to say he wasn’t good enough, but he was only given a few chances to start, considering it was his first season of men’s football! Can’t understand why people aren’t bothered if the young academy players stay or not, our academy is constantly producing very talented players. Joe Mac, Charlie Carter, Lazar- all now playing at football league clubs. With the likes of Skinner coming through as well I think the academy players should be given more of a chance. Especially when we then get loan players in, to play in their positions, who are complete dogshite.
I agree with the above about the quality of the academy, but we got promoted last season without Reggie, I feel he made a bit error of judgement when he got an agent involved last season.

MichaelOwen

Post by MichaelOwen » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:47 am

wokingcardinal wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:01 am
MichaelOwen wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:46 pm
I agree with the above about the quality of the academy, but we got promoted last season without Reggie, I feel he made a bit error of judgement when he got an agent involved last season.
I agree the agent really wasn’t necessary and started him off on the wrong foot with Dowse. I still don’t really understand why you would bring in wingers (post Loza) who were all crap when you have Reggie playing somewhere else, being in form scoring goals and getting MOTM quite regularly. Understandably in a lower league but form would have helped him.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:16 am

MichaelOwen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:47 am
wokingcardinal wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:01 am

I agree the agent really wasn’t necessary and started him off on the wrong foot with Dowse. I still don’t really understand why you would bring in wingers (post Loza) who were all crap when you have Reggie playing somewhere else, being in form scoring goals and getting MOTM quite regularly. Understandably in a lower league but form would have helped him.
I imagine we didn't sign them expecting them to be "crap".

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:16 am

wokingcardinal wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:16 am
MichaelOwen wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:47 am

I imagine we didn't sign them expecting them to be "crap".
Also are you his agent?

KT15 Card

Post by KT15 Card » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:36 am

I think I can accept Dowse's judgement especially as he's just got us promoted...

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:47 am

Surely when, with 7-8 games to go, we had a choice of:

1) a winger who had played 70odd games in the National League in the last 3 seasons
2) an unproven winger who had been playing in the Southern League most of the season

Anyone would choose Cadogan over Reggie.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:43 am

Red and White Army wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:47 am
Surely when, with 7-8 games to go, we had a choice of:

1) a winger who had played 70odd games in the National League in the last 3 seasons
2) an unproven winger who had been playing in the Southern League most of the season

Anyone would choose Cadogan over Reggie.
His agent wouldn't.

WFC96

Post by WFC96 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:41 pm

Looks like Reggie was offered a contract but decided to go elsewhere. It’ll be interesting to see where he ends up in the end.