New ground plans

CardsOnTour

Re: New ground plans

Post by CardsOnTour » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:20 pm

Card is King wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:05 am
wfc462 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:58 am

They do look good but it seems evident to me that the focus is on the housing and not the stadium amenities, I guess understandable but the board and the trust need to try and bring some more balance.

4,400 sq ft of commercial space. Is that on top of that reserved for the club's own use does anyone know?

4400 sq ft @ 20 quid per sq ft per annum is 88k per year if completey occupied.

what other facilities are there for the club from the development?
I would be fairly certain you wouldn’t be looking at £20 a foot. I would imagine around £8-13 at best.
I let the old H&S Toolhire unit on Kingfield Road (Sherpa House) to Independent Vetcare last year (next to Sainburys and pretty much opposite Kingfield Arms) and we achieved £18 psf on a crappy half-retail half-industrial unit. Co-Op were also interested but didn't make a decision quick enough.

Given the planned resi units I would imagine retail would be desirable in the new scheme and rents would be £20.00 psf minimum - the parade of units opposite Kingfield arms are £15-£18~ psf and are in shocking condition...!

wokingbob

Post by wokingbob » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Here's the link for fans to show their support and/or offer feedback..

https://cardinalcourtwoking.co.uk/
Optimism IS my middle name. Trust in Dowse.

AndyT

Post by AndyT » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:42 am

What is it with people and their obsession with parking. You don’t have a god given right to parking so get over the fact the new facility will only have limited parking. Ultimately the only parking the club and the new ground have to concern themselves about is disabled parking. Anything else is a bonus.

photocard

Post by photocard » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:57 am

True, but to give my local area, Medway as an example, the council guidelines are for 1 space per 1 to 2 bed new build. If the local council considers that not enough spaces are allocated they may consider the impact on the local area of dangerous on street parking. In London, you could accept the level of public transport would mean the requirements for car ownership and use would be less, but in Woking I don't think that point is valid. So inadequate parking provision could lead to plans being rejected.

CardsOnTour

Post by CardsOnTour » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:08 am

photocard wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:57 am
True, but to give my local area, Medway as an example, the council guidelines are for 1 space per 1 to 2 bed new build. If the local council considers that not enough spaces are allocated they may consider the impact on the local area of dangerous on street parking. In London, you could accept the level of public transport would mean the requirements for car ownership and use would be less, but in Woking I don't think that point is valid. So inadequate parking provision could lead to plans being rejected.
The simple fact of the matter is that all Local Authorities are trying to reduce the amount of cars on the road, without necessarily improving the public transport links.

It doesn't really add up at the moment with most households having two cars but only one allocated parking space; really they should be tackling both issues at the same time, but inevitably the development happens first and the leftover infrastructure problems are dealt with subsequently!

cardtrick

Post by cardtrick » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:26 am

To me it is about adapting and reducing dependence on cars. The council can put in strict parking restrictions on the streets to respect local residents.. Most of whom have drives anyway. Put in bike racks and bike lanes and get creatine. Give precedence to electric car charging... It could be very exciting.

Complaints about current traffic are disingeneous to my mind. I drive through there regularly at all times and traffic is fine. They will do a traffic survey anyway.

photocard

Post by photocard » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:26 am

Yes I appreciate the concept of reducing card use; however on a development of this size, they will look at the impact on the surrounding area. A fuzzy green ideology will not take precedence over genuine concerns over illegal and dangerous parking. 900+flats how many will have no car, very few, and many will have 2 cars, so I'd estimate 900 cars with 450 spaces, so 450 additional cars parked on street locally, not including visitors. I think in the main I'm very impressed with the development plans, a lot better than I was expecting; however despite the council support, I think it will have a hell of a job getting it through planning. I hope I'm wrong by the way.

DavetheBountyHunter

Post by DavetheBountyHunter » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:35 am

cardtrick wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:26 am
Put in bike racks and bike lanes and get creatine.
Are the properties only available to bodybuilders?
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Cardelia

Post by Cardelia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:06 am

AndyT wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:42 am
What is it with people and their obsession with parking. You don’t have a god given right to parking so get over the fact the new facility will only have limited parking. Ultimately the only parking the club and the new ground have to concern themselves about is disabled parking. Anything else is a bonus.
Well that's a very simplistic argument. If there isn't enough parking at the site then the value of the properties will suffer. And when that happens, costs will have to be cut across the whole development. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you what the first target will be.

I'm genuinely in favour of policies which try to reduce car ownership. But reducing car ownership should come with a concomitant improvement in other transportation methods: car clubs, cycle lanes, bike parking, more/better buses etc. etc. You can't just plonk 1000 new homes into an area which is poorly served by public transport and expect carless people to flock to it. Like it or not, there simply aren't enough people without a car who would pay top dollar for a new-build flat next to a football ground with insufficient parking. Even in London, new-build properties with insufficient parking spaces are struggling to sell, so it should be a genuine concern for all at WFC that there isn't going to be enough parking at the development.

Reading Card

Post by Reading Card » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:13 pm

So leaving parkgate to one side ( which is sooooo cardsboard!)

I am very impressed by the website and initial designs. The flats look good quality and the deigns are architecturally ok.

The actual designs of the stadium however are a bit bland. I mean I know there will be more detail to come. How do we inject some soul or warmth in to a new build ? A moaners type terrace would be amazing and a decent sports bar is a must ! We will be stuck with this place for 50-100 years so it would be nice to get it right.

What examples of new grounds work ? Spurs looks amazing ( not yet been), but are there any lower league grounds that we could take ideas from ? ?

SussexSeasider

Post by SussexSeasider » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:35 pm

AndyT wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:42 am
There are the words of a typical non-driving person who has a good train service to Woking.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:53 pm

It has always amazed me when the council haven't tried to set up a park and ride to Woking.
I know that doesn't help with residential parking, but could help on match days, especially if away fans are directed to it.

SussexSeasider

Post by SussexSeasider » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:56 pm

wokingcardinal wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:53 pm
It has always amazed me when the council haven't tried to set up a park and ride to Woking.
I know that doesn't help with residential parking, but could help on match days, especially if away fans are directed to it.
Maybe they will. 'Shuttle buses' have definitely been mentioned. Depends where from though as to whether it would run successfully or not.

TripWookiees

Post by TripWookiees » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:10 pm

SussexSeasider wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:56 pm
wokingcardinal wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:53 pm
Maybe they will. 'Shuttle buses' have definitely been mentioned. Depends where from though as to whether it would run successfully or not.
David Lloyd at Egley Road. 500 car parking spaces?

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:12 pm

Should add an extra train stop between Woking and Guildford....... answer to all the problems in one go.
This space intentionally left blank

TripWookiees

Post by TripWookiees » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:22 pm

kansasCard wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:12 pm
Should add an extra train stop between Woking and Guildford....... answer to all the problems in one go.
Wych Hill Lane.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:23 pm

kansasCard wrote:
Isn't that Worplesdon....?

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:17 pm

wokingcardinal wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:23 pm
kansasCard wrote:
Isn't that Worplesdon....?
Where it happens to be free to park at weekends...

Texas Dave

Post by Texas Dave » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:28 pm

I see there is a meeting at old woking community centre about all of this. I doubt it will make any difference in the long run. It didn't with the Rydens Way debacle or further back the building of the 6th form college on our large green playing fields. are we to expect pitchforks and lighted torches?

Mick.M

Post by Mick.M » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:47 pm

There’s even a change.org page against it

https://www.change.org/p/woking-borough ... en-gb%3Av5

SussexSeasider

Post by SussexSeasider » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:56 pm

Mick.M wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:47 pm
There’s even a change.org page against it

https://www.change.org/p/woking-borough ... en-gb%3Av5
I can see names of people who've been to games as well! The number of signatories was going up as I had the page open. What are they going to do with this petition anyway??? Laughable.

wokingcardinal

Post by wokingcardinal » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:18 pm

So if we build a Doctors surgery it seems they will be happy!! Also a dig about our meagre crowds!! I bet most people don't even live near the ground, you know the types driving at 15 miles an hour to the Dr. Because they think they have something wrong with them when really all they want is a nice chat with someone.

pooh

Post by pooh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:50 pm

photocard wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:26 am
Yes I appreciate the concept of reducing card use; however on a development of this size, they will look at the impact on the surrounding area. A fuzzy green ideology will not take precedence over genuine concerns over illegal and dangerous parking. 900+flats how many will have no car, very few, and many will have 2 cars, so I'd estimate 900 cars with 450 spaces, so 450 additional cars parked on street locally, not including visitors. I think in the main I'm very impressed with the development plans, a lot better than I was expecting; however despite the council support, I think it will have a hell of a job getting it through planning. I hope I'm wrong by the way.
Don't you think that one of the first things the developer/planners would have done would be to consult the council on how many parking spaces would be required for the proposed number of flats. It may be a point for the local residents to pick holes in the plans but the planners wouldn't have got this far without the council being consulted and knowing what was being planned.

photocard

Post by photocard » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:07 pm

You'd think wouldn't you, however we're likely to have Boris Johnson as our PM soon, so right now I'm not putting my money on anything! As for how far they've got; well they haven't got anywhere, they've just produced some pretty pictures. We'll all see when it finally goes to planning; for the club's sake I hope you're right.

ABR

Post by ABR » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:50 pm

These plans look very good and in a good position that it might happen let's all hope so. I know I will get shot down for this, what if we merged with our good friends from Hampshire.
Oh no were would we put all the caravans. Not a good idea.
Thank you Woking for the vision let's make it reality.