Match Thread A v Yeovil VNL

Sunbrow

Re: Match Thread A v Yeovil VNL

Post by Sunbrow » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:34 pm

If we're going out with the attitude that we are part time and there full time, so we can't expect too much then we will spiral down this league quicker then we got to the top of it. I admit that we've done great to be where we are BUT its no wins in eight now and we need to stop conceding every game or the league table won't be a pretty sight come Christmas.

jonwoozley

Post by jonwoozley » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:02 am

Yeovil were physically bigger and won every 50/50.
Cook looked poor first half going forward but decent second half just defending.
Meite and Hodges were our only penetration.
The team are giving what they've got.
Dual meditates,
Non habetis argentum.

Meerkat

Post by Meerkat » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:22 am

I disagree. All three midfielders are better than that. Donnellan was marking one of them when we had the ball so he wasn’t available to pass to! A big back three shouldn’t be letting in those goals.

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:55 am

A lot of our players were hiding behind theirs when we had the ball, especially after we went 1-0 down.

When are we allowed to get worried about our form - no win in 10?

The Best Wrexham Side The World Has Ever Seen failed to win yet again last night.

JAM

Post by JAM » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:07 am

StuWFC - I agree no wins in 8 (not 10 R&WA) is not good form, but a laughing stock. Really. And please tell us why most on here would be happy if we got relegated.

Wafflebutt

Post by Wafflebutt » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:55 am

Red and White Army wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:55 am
A lot of our players were hiding behind theirs when we had the ball, especially after we went 1-0 down.

The Best Wrexham Side The World Has Ever Seen failed to win yet again last night.
Not sure what your point is about Wrexham... they didnt lose, which if they had, may have helped your point.

You can get worried about our form whenever you like but try and remember this run of form is what 99% were expecting to start the season with so maybe you should put it into context with where we are in the league etc etc.
But your right, shouting and whinging about our form will definitely help.

GU21 Card

Post by GU21 Card » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:32 am

Yeovil what a dump.

Went to the town centre before the game and had a drink in one of the pubs in the space of 5 minutes walked past about 10 tramps, crack addicts and every other shop boarded up, the whole get your ticket from the ticket office before the game with home supporters defeats the object of segregation and then the tea bar under the stand also mixed, what is the point of that?

As Dowse suggested we had this kind of result coming just a shame that a very good away following on the night had the life sucked out of them with that 1st half performance. Great goal from Meite and surely he has to start at Barnet on Saturday.
Calling offsides before they happen since 1992.

Cardbattery

Post by Cardbattery » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:22 am

I thought Yeovil were easily the best side so far we’ve played, every one of the players had quality so that when in possession they always posed a threat. The Yeovil support was superb for much of the match and it’s a very nice stadium, we brought 172 which is a lot and we made some noise but it’s a shame we went down so early.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:34 am

Agreed, Yeovil looked very strong in that first half.

They followed a different model to all other relegated league clubs in that they don't employ the players who got them relegated. The manager there started with a clean slate, a decent budget based on their gates and £750k from the football league for being shit last season. What you're seeing now is that team gelling after an iffy start, add in their recent takeover we might see them vanish into the distance.
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Red and White Army

Post by Red and White Army » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Wafflebutt wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:55 am
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:55 am

Not sure what your point is about Wrexham... they didnt lose, which if they had, may have helped your point.

You can get worried about our form whenever you like but try and remember this run of form is what 99% were expecting to start the season with so maybe you should put it into context with where we are in the league etc etc.
My point about Wrexham is that if we can’t beat a side in the bottom 5 who haven’t won away all season and who Aldershot even beat, then when will be likely win another match.

I can accept losing to Yeovil last night and probably Barnet on Saturday.

How is me commenting about our form directly affecting the team?

Stuwfc

Post by Stuwfc » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:56 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:42 pm
Wafflebutt wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:55 am

My point about Wrexham is that if we can’t beat a side in the bottom 5 who haven’t won away all season and who Aldershot even beat, then when will be likely win another match.

Because no one is allowed to publicly complain about Woking fc as we should be glad that we have a club and can be charged 18 pounds a game to see us get relegated every other season!

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:02 pm

If you don't like it now, wait for when we are groundsharing for two years with far less money to play with
Still Plugging away in the absence of the great one

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:02 pm
If you don't like it now, wait for when we are groundsharing for two years with far less money to play with
At least then we won't be able to put our lack of money down to ground maintenance costs!

JAM

Post by JAM » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:41 pm

Stu give it a break

This is a tough league. There are no easy games in this league, everyone is taking points off of everyone. I agree that the start of the season we had was beyond anyone dreams, inc Dowse I would think. I would also say that the current run we are on is not good, but to say that we are a laughing stock and we cant publicly complain isn't helping anyone.

I get that supporters don't like it when we lose, but what most supporters realise is that we don't have a god given right to win every game, esp in this league. There are some very good teams in this league, with more money than us. As has been said above, Yeovil got £750k last year for getting relegated, and with that money, and the fact that they have just been taken over, they have the finances to rebuild. We don't. Should the redevelopment go ahead as planned, we may have enough money to try and make a go of getting promoted, but at the moment we don't.

All football supporters need to take the good times with the bad, and as a PT club in this league realise that there will be bad times. We have had good times already this season (as well as last) and who is to say we wont have that time again, but at the moment we are going through bad times, and as long as the players realise that, and they, along with the management, try to do something about it, then that's fine.

No point getting on the players and management backs, because from where I am sitting I cant see a better manager for the job than the person currently in it.

jonwoozley

Post by jonwoozley » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Stuwfc wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:56 pm

Because no one is allowed to publicly complain about Woking fc as we should be glad that we have a club and can be charged 18 pounds a game to see us get relegated every other season!
Your moaning is pointless. None of us like losing but complaints just get on everyone's tits.
We all know our limitations.
We all know how hard Dowse & Co work.
If anyone can turn it around it's him.
If we get relegated who would you want as manager? I can't think of anyone better, with a track record.
Whatever improvements you come up with I'm sure Dowse has already considered it.
If you don't like paying £18 buy a fricking ST.
But most of all please STFU.
Dual meditates,
Non habetis argentum.

Hampshire Card

Post by Hampshire Card » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:55 pm

Stuwfc wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:56 pm

I know that everyone is allowed an opinion, but Stu take your negativity and piss off to somewhere where you feel the level of football is world class

kansasCard

Post by kansasCard » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:14 pm

Stick to moaning on the WokingFC facebook page STU. Because you really are a boring twat. The only laughing stock around here is you.
No one likes to lose, everyone wants to win. We don't all get what we would like. But here's hoping that we get one thing that we would like - and that's for you to delete your cardsboard login and FRO.
This space intentionally left blank

Cardinals Rule

Post by Cardinals Rule » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Can we please desist from the personal abuse?

DavetheBountyHunter

Post by DavetheBountyHunter » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 pm

Cardinals Rule wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:55 pm
Can we please desist from the personal abuse?
Fudge off, you cake.
Scorer of possibly the greatest goal in the history of the Woking FC Supporters' team

Cardinal Red

Post by Cardinal Red » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:00 pm

I think it’s fair to say we never expected this team to do as well as they have done but we did expect a run like this at some point and now it’s here we shouldn’t be having a panic. This team are a bunch of grafters, they care and they’re also capable of some very good performances and those things will help to keep us up this season. We don’t have a team of Bantons and Ansahs that just can’t really be arsed and are also dogs**t, we’d have good grounds for complaint if we did.

Yes we were outplayed in the first half yesterday but aren’t we expected to be outplayed by teams such as Yeovil? This team have enough credit in the bank to be outplayed a few more times too and games like yesterday are effectively a free hit for a team battling relegation.

Having said the above, I am becoming increasingly frustrated that a team with the height we have seems to only win about 1 in 10 headers in the opposition box.
I think Meite will get what he deserves with a start at the weekend and I also think the team needs a bit of a shakeup, time to give Hodges a start now and maybe bring Gray back from his loan and let Max go the other way to get game time.
Maybe time to use any funds we have to bring in an actual right wing back if that’s the formation we’re going to play. We know Cook is a good centre back, we know he’s an average right back and we also know he isn’t a right wing back by any stretch of the imagination so we need to stop trying to get away with it and bring someone in if we possibly can. That may mean releasing somebody if that’s feasible but so be it.

Cardbattery

Post by Cardbattery » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:56 am

One win and everything will change, it is possible we go on another run as the players are the same, bar Johnson...